This is the best leftover turkey recipe everyone will love! Super easy and flavorful turkey dumplings that even your kids will love! Great with ham too.
This is seriously the best leftover turkey recipe we make each year! I always have a ton of leftover turkey, and ham, and usually half of it gets thrown out because we have had enough turkey sandwiches and soup using it. I fiddled around with different ways to use leftover turkey and ham over the years and finally came up with an easy recipe using what I had that not only my husband and I liked but the kids Loved it too….now that is a feat unto itself! 😉 (originally published 11/13, photos updated)
This year I came up with this yummy (and super easy) way to use your leftover turkey to make little “pockets” that everyone enjoyed!
So…if you are looking for the best leftover turkey recipe that is simple you have come to the right place!
We always have leftovers and I just hate throwing food away so I thought that beyond turkey sandwiches there had to be some other simple ways to use this delicious meat.
Here is the printable recipe for you and what you’ll need to make these fun leftover turkey dumplings we call them.
This is what you’ll need to make the best leftover turkey recipe:
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- Leftover turkey
- Cheese – we like Swiss or mozzarella
- Seasoning – we like dill, salt, and pepper
All you do is cube the turkey and cheese, add the rest of the ingredients and stir in a bowl.
- Then lay each crescent roll with the larger part of the triangle inside the muffin tin and the smaller end hanging out.
- Scoop the mixture inside the muffin cup, and fold the smaller end over the top and tuck it underneath a bit.
- Bake as directed on the crescent roll container, take out when they are golden brown on the top, and waaallaahhhhh…..they were great!
- Ours takes about 10 minutes per batch.
Once you try the best leftover turkey recipe you see here, I have a few other ways of using your leftover turkey or ham this year too!
- Leftover ham recipe
- Leftover turkey pot pie soup is amazing
- Leftover turkey meat recipes
- Turkey or ham and cheese rollups
- Use leftover turkey to make these cute turkey burger boats
This is what these leftover turkey dumplings look like when they’re golden brown and ready to be eaten!!
Here is a video of how we make these using leftover ham but you can easily swap out the ham for leftover turkey turnovers. Same method!
Here’s the printable leftover turkey recipe.
Best Leftover Turkey Recipe
- 2 c Leftover turkey cooked, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c mayonnaise or more if you want more moist
- 1 c swiss or mozzarella cheese, shredded, or more
- 1 pkg Crescent rolls 8 which was enough for the 5 of us
- 1 tsp Dill pinch of each
- optional * dried cranberries or walnuts
- Spray non stick cooking spray into muffin tin.
- Push large side of crescent triangle into bottom of each muffin tin.
- Mix leftover turkey and all other ingredients together and spoon into each muffin tin hole.
- Fold small piece of crescent triangle over top of turkey mixture. Bake as directed on crescent roll container, or until lightly browned on top.
I also have 20 recipes for using leftover ham as well, and many of them you can substitute turkey for ham for more ideas!
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!