This easy Instant Pot potato corn chowder recipe is amazing!! It only takes 15 minutes to make and is the perfect creamy corn soup to eat all year long. Served by itself for dinner or with a side of rolls it surely will be your new favorite pressure cooker soup. Your kids will think it’s a winner too!
OH MY Goodness is this Instant Pot potato corn chowder amazing! I have been experimenting with new appliance of mine since I got it just before Christmas and it has changed my world! We eat together more often now because everything cooks SO much faster, and I feel like we eat a bit healthier too because I can cook with fresh veggies and it takes no time at all. We’ve made soups, chili, popcorn, and now this chowder in it and I think this is one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes thus far. Stay tuned for more and more each week too. 😉 (originally published 2/17)
Amazing right…and made with fresh vegetables!
Yes, we used real fresh corn on the cob because it has a nice crispness to it even after it’s cooked. This adds a great texture to our Instant Pot potato corn chowder soup.
From start to finish in the pot it takes about 15 minutes, and adding in the prep you’re looking at a quick 25 minutes from start to finish. Just enough time to throw some rolls in the oven and everything is done at once! It’s so good!
If you’ve been to San Francisco and had the clam chowder there this reminds me of that kind of soup.
It is perfect as is but I usually throw a loaf of garlic bread in the oven once I put everything in my Instant Pot and it is all done right around the same time.
I’ve since made this easy Instant Pot clam chowder recipe and between these two I’m set for a few great nights of comfort food at it’s finest.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot this is the one I have and am absolutely obsessed with.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Instant Pot potato corn chowder
- Red potatoes
- Corn (right off the cob is best)
- Vegetable broth (way better than using water)
- Cheddar cheese
- Half and half
- Corn starch
- Bacon – bits of crispy bacon crumbled on the top takes it over the top!
It is a great comfort food that can be adjusted to your liking, but just as is it tastes amazing too.
- It really is an easy process and I love that I can use fresh produce to create it. I also love that you could easily add in bits of leftover ham, bacon, or diced celery inside as well if you desired.
The best Instant Pot potato corn chowder I have ever made.
Looking for more Instant pot soup recipes?
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Pressure cooker cabbage soup
- Instant Pot split pea soup recipe
- Instant Pot pinto bean soup
If you only have a slow cooker here is a version of crockpot corn chowder you can make at home too. 😉
Now for the printable instructions so you can enjoy this at home too this week.
Instant Pot Potato Corn Chowder
- 6 red potatoes diced
- 4 ears corn (kernels removed from cob, about 2 cups, can use frozen or canned)
- 1/4 onion diced
- 3 c vegetable broth can use water but this is better
- 3/4 c cheddar cheese
- 3 c half and half
- 2 tbsp corn starch + 2-3 tbsp water, a bit more cornstarch depending on how thick you want it
- 3 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- Dice all your veggies.
- Put Instant Pot on saute and add butter until melted.
- Add diced onions and cook until soft.
- Add vegetable broth, diced potatoes, and corn removed from the cob.
- Can add pinch of salt now. Close lid and close steam valve. Set to pressure high for 10 minutes.
- When done do a quick release, carefully lift lid when steam is gone.
- Whisk together a bit of water and cornstarch into a small cup until smooth.
- Push saute on pressure cooker to allow mixture to boil. Add cornstarch mixture to pot and stir.
- Add half and half and cheese slowly, stir and serve when it has thickened a bit.
- Top with crispy bacon pieces to take it over the top!