Here’s an easy crockpot corn chowder with potatoes and bacon recipe. Perfect soup for dinner packed with lots of vegetables and flavor!
We love chowder especially during the winter months, but year round actually. I first made this Instant Pot potato corn chowder and it was such a hit I thought I’d make a crockpot corn chowder version as well! Packed with bacon, potatoes and of course corn it is a winner in our house and surely it will be in yours too, definitely one of our favorite crockpot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. 😉
Have you ever tried a creamy corn chowder crock pot recipe??
Of course when it’s cold outside we all crave soup for dinner, at least we do, but even in the summertime it’s a great recipe to try especially if you have a garden with vegetables in it.
You can really load it up with as many as you’d like…..
Add some chicken broth and half and half, allow it to slowly bubble in your slow cooker all day and you’re set for dinner.
As is it is a great soup for dinner, or bake a few rolls and it’s great!
If you like a bit of spice, add a can of diced chiles too.
If you tried our crockpot ham recipe and have leftovers by all means add your leftover ham to this soup, that’s really good too.
This is what you’ll need to make crockpot corn chowder
- Frozen corn – works best since it is cooking all day
- Green pepper
- Chicken broth
- Potatoes – I have used diced russet and red, both are great
- Half and half
If you love this one you’ll love our easy loaded baked potato soup and:
Here’s the printable recipe:
Crockpot Corn Chowder
- Add corn, onion, green pepper, chicken broth, potatoes, salt and pepper into a slow cooker and heat on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When cooking is complete, stir in half and half. Put lid back on slow cooker and heat on high for 20 minutes, or low for 60 minutes until warmed again. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve soup topped with shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉