Here’s an easy crockpot corn chowder with potatoes and bacon recipe. Perfect soup for dinner packed with lots of vegetables and flavor!
Crockpot corn chowder is packed with bacon, potatoes and of course vegetables! It is a winner in our house and surely it will be in yours too, definitely one of our favorite crockpot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. 😉 (affiliate links present)
We love chowder especially during the winter months, but year round actually.
I first made this Instant Pot potato corn chowder and it was such a hit I thought I’d make it in a slow cooker as well!
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Have you ever tried a creamy corn chowder crock pot recipe??
Of course when it’s cold outside we all crave soup for dinner, at least we do, but even in the summertime it’s a great recipe to try especially if you have a garden with vegetables in it.
You can really load it up with as many as you’d like…..
Add some chicken broth and half and half, allow it to slowly bubble in your slow cooker all day and you’re set for dinner.
As is it is a great soup for dinner, or bake a few rolls and it’s great!
If you like a bit of spice, add a can of diced chiles too.
If you tried our crockpot ham recipe and have leftovers by all means add your leftover ham to this soup, that’s really good too.
Crockpot corn chowder
- Frozen corn – works best since it is cooking all day
- Green pepper
- This is a great use for chicken broth
- Potatoes – I have used diced russet and red, both are great
- Half and half
If you love this one you’ll love our easy loaded baked potato soup and:
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot Corn Chowder
- Add corn, onion, green pepper, chicken broth, potatoes, salt and pepper into a slow cooker and heat on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When cooking is complete, stir in half and half. Put lid back on slow cooker and heat on high for 20 minutes, or low for 60 minutes until warmed again. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve soup topped with shredded cheese and chopped bacon.