This garlic pull apart bread recipe paired with soup is the perfect lunch or dinner for your family. Great garlic bread recipe with no active dry yeast required for busy nights.
I love homemade meals but we’re a busy family of 5 and that doesn’t always happen. Take a peek at our semi-homemade garlic pull apart bread recipe and let us know what you think! Special thanks goes out to Walmart for sponsoring our post. (originally published 12/18, affiliate links present)
Let me show you how easy this meal is to throw together, and how you can enjoy it at home too. 😉
- Who doesn’t love soup for dinner right??!!
Especially on those chilly days when it looks like it is going to snow and all you want to do is throw on jammies around 5pm and enjoy a warm dinner with your kiddos. Yep, that would be me!
OH You Too??!! We could definitely be friends then. 😉
Which one do you think would be your favorite……..
Ok, so here is the trick. Well, it’s not a trick really, it’s a tip. When you walk into Walmart to do all of your grocery (and everything else) shopping, head near the bakery section and look at the center aisle area with all the refrigerated goodies…you’ll find their Marketside Soups right there!
I know, there are a TON of varieties for a price range of $2.87 to $4.97…one for everyone in your fam, even lobster bisque!! All soups come in various sizes (16 and 32 oz)
These are the Marketside soups (16 oz each) I bought
I served them alongside our garlic pull apart bread recipe this week:
- Lobster Bisque – Seen below, I know…can you believe they have that for just $2.87??!!
- Broccoli Cheddar
- Tomato Bisque – This was my choice
- Chicken Tortilla – Has a little kick we love
- Garden Vegetable – Perfect vegetarian soup selection
- Chicken Noodle – Always a fave.
Besides the large selection of soups, the flavors are great and each one only takes 3-4 minutes to heat up.
On busy days I can grab one for everyone in the house.
Ingredients for this easy garlic pull-apart bread side dish ready in under 30 minutes or until golden brown!
- 2 – 10 count Great Value containers of refrigerated biscuits
- Parsley – I used jarred, found with spices in baking aisle
- Minced garlic – I use jarred
- Garlic salt
- Thyme – I had some fresh in my fridge, you could use jarred or omit
- Loaf pan – love this one
- Parchment paper
This is what it looks like in the preparation process. Since there’s no yeast you don’t have to wait for it to double in size!
- You just slice your refrigerated biscuits into equal pieces and mix with the melted butter, garlic powder and other seasonings. Make sure you are gentle as they can stick together or break apart easily if you’re rough.
- Then preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour everything into a loaf pan. I use a sheet of parchment paper inside so you can lift it out easily when done.
- You can sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on the top if you wish.
- Bake, allow to cool a bit and then enjoy with your meal!
- I actually ended up dropping one piece of my refrigerated biscuit pull apart bread into the soup and scooping up each one with my spoon for each bite, it was perfect with a bit of drizzle outside that evening.
My husband’s broccoli cheese was tasty too….of course I stole a bite. 😉
This is a great semi homemade pull apart garlic bread you can make in NO time without the need for a stand mixer or bread dough hook. It’s kinda’ like a savory monkey bread! Just grab a bowl and a loaf pan and you’re set y’all!
What you can dip bread into?
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Melted garlic butter
- just combine equal parts of butter with minced garlic and melt for this easy butter mixture
- or make a double batch of the butter and seasoning for this and save the remaining butter to dip it in
Head to Walmart and pick up the few items you’ll need. There are so many different soups to choose from that you could easily pick up enough for two nights in a row so you can see which ones are your favorite.
- Serve this with our baked spaghetti too for a winner of a meal!
Here are printable instructions to our cheesy garlic bread. A great recipe for you to serve with pasta, chicken, beef, or anything really!
We love making Challah bread too.
- If you want to make a pull apart bread bundt pan style, try our bacon egg and cheese breakfast bundt cake here.
- Slow cooker bread is fun to make too.
Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces and put into a bowl.
- Sprinkle in your parsley, thyme, minced garlic, garlic salt & powder and gently mix together.
- Melt your butter and pour over your biscuit pieces. Gently stir to coat pieces but not so much that biscuits start to break apart or stick together.
- Put a piece of parchment paper into a loaf pan or spray with non stick spray.
- Dump your coated refrigerated biscuit mixture into your loaf pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Once you take it out to cool a bit warm up your soups, then pull apart some of your garlic bread loaf and serve that on the side or drop a few right into the soup!