Cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti will become your new favorite dinner using both your pressure cooker and air fryer functions! Baked spaghetti in a snap!!
How do you make Ninja Foodi spaghetti you ask?? The BEST pasta you’ll ever try in your new fancy kitchen appliance! This is it! Our cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti recipe has it all. A one pot dinner with tender noodles and melted cheese on the top. If you’ve never had baked spaghetti before this is how you’ve gotta make it. Baking in the oven is so 2014. 😉 (affiliate links present)
- Are you obsessed with your pressure cooker and air fryer too??!!
If you’re new and looking for Foodi recipes for your new machine we have them!
First – Let’s start with some helpful tips:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. 😉
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
Now once you’ve tried our cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti just go to our tab at the top and find more to try. Then let us know which one was your favorite!
I made Instant Pot spaghetti years ago and it was a hit. Not only with my family but everyone else who tried it. But NOW there’s a new player in town and they can melt that ooey gooey cheese I love right on the top without having to transfer it into a dish and in the oven.
- I’m sure that’s how you used to make baked spaghetti but after you try it this way I guarantee it will be a game changer for y’all too!
These are the ingredients you will need:
- 1/2 lb. of hot ground sausage + 1/2 lb. regular – or ground beef
- the sausage combo is the bomb!!
- Olive oil
- Jar of spaghetti sauce – we use this
- Water or broth
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green onion is optional
- Garlic salt and table salt
Here’s a peek of how to cook pasta in Ninja Foodi step by step with pictures.
How to cook spaghetti in a Ninja Foodi is no different than in any other pressure cooker. The difference comes at the end when you melt and lightly brown the cheese on top.
- That is a game changer y’all!!
Yes I have other pots and yes I have been using them for years but in order to do this in prior years I had to dirty a baking dish. Transferring everything into a pan, preheating the oven, and waiting for the broil setting to do the work. Not anymore! I love one one pot spaghetti.
Some of you might ask can you cook noodles in tomato sauce vs. water?
- We actually prefer it now.
- They soak up the flavors and you can adjust for how al dente you’d like them.
- The 9 minute cook time I share here is perfect we say but if you like firmer noodles set to 7 or 8.
If you’d rather make homemade spaghetti sauce you’re free to do so, just use 24 oz in total. I typically use jarred just because I don’t have the time to put it all together but either way is great.
Tips for cooking Ninja Foodi spaghetti and meat sauce.
- Saute the onions, salts, and ground meat together until the pink is almost all gone. If you’re using ground beef you can leave a touch of pink but if I’m using pork I cook it all the way through. It will continue to cook in the pressure cooking process too though so don’t stress about it too much.
- Turn your pot off when this is done. This gives the pot a chance to cool off a bit.
- Spread your meat on the bottom so it’s evenly spread across.
- Pour your sauce evenly across that.
- Then fill that spaghetti sauce bottle with your water or broth. Put your lid back on and shake. You’ll be able to get the rest of the sauce out this way, I hate to waste.
- This liquid will be poured into your pot now but do NOT stir anything.
- Grab 1/2 of your noodles out of a 16 oz. box (that is how I measure, seriously) and break them into thirds.
- SPRINKLE pasta in the pot. If you throw them in as one big chunk they will come out as one big chunk, not separated.
- Gently submerge noodles with a spoon. Do NOT stir.
- Then close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure high pressure for 9 minutes. Quick release at the end.
Yes, you could serve it up right then……but it gets WAY better!!
- Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella and let that melt.
- Next you’ll want to sprinkle in 1 more cup of cheese on the top. I use a mix of mozzarella and parmesan but use whatever you love.
- Use the air crisp lid for 4-5 minutes to melt that cheese and lightly brown it.
- Voila!! Done to perfection.
Looking for other air fryer recipes?
Our homemade bacon wrapped chicken tenders are the bomb too.
- The pressure cooker Mexican casserole we make is similar to this one. You make the pasta and then melt cheese on top. I’d try that next.
- Then make our Ninja Foodi taco pasta.
- Chicken thighs are a healthy choice.
- And here’s more Ninja Foodi chicken recipes.
- Ninja Foodi sausage is a cheap meal.
- Have you made chicken nuggets in the air fryer yet? Game changer!
Cheesy Ninja Foodi Spaghetti
- 1 lb spicy ground sausage or ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz.
- 2 c water or beef broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 c mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese grated
- 1 green onion diced, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles 1/2 a regular size 16 oz. box, broken into thirds
- Press saute on Foodi and add in your olive oil, diced onions and ground sausage or beef. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Then turn off pot.
- Spread cooked meat out on the bottom of your pot evenly so it covers it entirely.
- Pour in your jar of spaghetti sauce. Then pour in 2 c. of water or broth into your jar. Put lid back on and shake to get out remaining sauce. Pour this liquid into your pot. Do NOT stir.
- Break your noodles into thirds, equal size pieces. Sprinkle them into your pot on top of the liquid.
- Use a spoon to gently submerge them into the liquid but do NOT stir.
- Put pressure cooker lid on and close steam valve.
- Set to pressure cook, high for 9 minutes.
- Do a quick release and remove lid. Stir in 1 c. of mozzarella cheese so it melts.
- Then sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 c. of mozzarella cheese + parmesan on to the top of your spaghetti. Can add diced green onions now.
- Close your air fryer lid. Press air crisp 400 degrees for 5 minutes so it melts and gets golden brown on the top!