Ninja Foodi taco pasta is so delicious! Creamy cheesy noodles packed with sausage and diced tomatoes. One pot comfort food adults and kids will love.
If you love tacos and creamy pasta you’ll love our Ninja Foodi taco pasta casserole! It is a family favorite one pot meal that everyone in our house loves. Find this and more on my long list of easy Ninja Foodi recipes. (originally published 6/19, affiliate links present)
If you use a roll of spicy ground sausage it really takes this meal over the top with tons of flavor. Even the kids said this was a winner winner pressure cooker dinner. You could use ground beef instead if you didn’t want any heat but I suggest the other.
Ninja Foodi Pasta
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Ninja Foodi Taco Casserole
The first step is to set your pot to saute and add your sausage, onions and a bit of olive oil.
Of course you don’t have to include onions but they will soften and the kids won’t be the wiser.
You could also add some diced bell peppers if you wanted at this point.
- We’re going to cook our meat until the outsides are no longer pink. Yes you could substitute for ground beef or turkey if you’d like.
However, I HIGHLY recommend ground spicy sausage because then you really don’t need any other seasonings. It’s packed with tons of flavor as is.
We used this style of noodles. Honestly, I did so because that was what was in the pantry. I have used bowtie and even elbow macaroni too. It really doesn’t matter as long as they’re small/medium sized pasta.
Ninja Foodi taco pasta
Ninja Foodi casserole
- Ground sausage – spicy is great, or use half regular, half spicy
- or ground beef / ground turkey
- this is how to thaw ground beef in a pressure cooker
- Noodles – we used these
Onions go in everything I make. Slice them larger or dice smaller just for taste. Up to you entirely.
- Olive oil
- Diced tomatoes – I like petite
- Beef broth
- Sour Cream
- Taco seasoning
- or make homemade taco seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste.
Diced chives are optional to add to the top when you’re serving this up.
And yes, you’re going to pile on the cheese for this one. Not only is it stirred into the meal but more is melted on top.
It’s similar to our Instant Pot cheesy taco pasta but this goes a yummy step further.
Of course you can stop at the first step but that is why this pressure cooker and air fryer is so nice. You can do both!
Of course we have a ton of other pressure cooker pasta recipes you can try after you thoroughly enjoy this one.
- Like our cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti and that has been a real hit. It is just as creamy with lots of cheese and all kids just love it.
And if you weren’t aware, you can use just about any Instant Pot recipe in your Foodi as well. It works the same way with the pressure cook function anyway.
So let’s be clear. We aren’t counting calories on this recipe. Just enjoy it will ya’.
What if you need a dairy free taco pasta?
What is a good replacement for sour cream?
- Buttermilk and sour milk are the next best options to swap for sour cream.
- They are not quite as thick so adding some softened butter can improve the texture.
- If you are baking, use 3/4 cup buttermilk plus 1/3 cup of softened unsalted butter.
Use dairy free cheese on the market. Daiya brand offers one type.
Some call this Million dollar cheesy taco pasta because it’s just over the top good.
Other Ninja Foodi recipes you should try once you find that this one is the bomb are:
- Our pressure cooker turkey breast and air fryer corn are healthy options.
- Ninja Foodi hot dogs – or make ’em into chili dogs
- You can make air fryer macaroni and cheese now too
- Pressure cooker chicken taco bowls are the bomb
- This is the creamiest Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese you will try
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
If you have a Crockpot Express or Mealthy this recipe will work too, as well as making this into Instant Pot taco pasta.
All brands will work, you just won’t be able to melt the cheese on top unless you have this pressure cooker air fryer lid.
Ninja Foodi Taco Pasta
- 1/2 lb ground sausage spicy sausage is best, or use ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c onion diced
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz.
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or more if you want spicier
- 1.5 c noodles uncooked, we used penne
- 1 c beef broth
- 1/2 c sour cream or more if you want to put a dollop on top too
- 1 c cheese shredded, sharp cheddar is best
- Turn machine to saute and add your olive oil, diced onion, ground sausage, seasoned salt and taco seasoning. Cook until sausage is broken up into smaller pieces and no longer pink. Then press stop.
- Add can of diced tomatoes and chili powder, stir and spread meat out on to the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle your uncooked noodles over the top of this layer, then pour the beef broth over the top of everything, do not stir.
- Close your pressure cooker lid (one that isn’t attached) and steam valve. Press the pressure button for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release, lift lid, stir and set to saute once again.
- Stir in sour cream and 3/4 c of cheese until cheese is melted and taco pasta starts to bubble and thicken a bit. Cook until noodles are as tender as you'd like them to be. Then press stop.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c. cheese on top and close air fryer lid. Press air crisp 400 degrees for 3 minutes until lightly browned and melted. Lift and serve!!Can add another dollop of sour cream on top of each serving and/or diced chives too.