Here is a really easy Instant Pot taco casserole recipe that is full of flavor and lots of cheese! Stir in a spoonful of sour cream for a creamy pressure cooker taco pasta made in just 10 minutes. Your whole family will surely love this flavorful dinner and it’s delicious the next day if you have leftovers.
I’m back with another one of my easy Instant Pot recipes! Once again I didn’t want to go to the store and thought about what I could make in my pressure cooker with things I already had in my fridge and pantry, thus this Instant Pot taco casserole was created! I honestly couldn’t believe how tasty it came out, especially since I made it on the fly but even my kids gave it 2 thumbs up!!
Before I added all the cheese and sour cream I scooped a portion out for my husband who needs dairy free Instant Pot meals and he even said without those (the best parts if you ask me) it was really flavorful.
If you love taco pasta you are going to love this 3 minute pressure cooker version for sure, it’s one of our favorite Instant Pot casseroles. 😉
This is one of our cheap Instant Pot recipes because you can make this Instant Pot taco casserole for about $15 or less and feeds 5-6 people!
You can choose any type of small pasta. If you like elbow macaroni noodles then use those, we chose rotini which are this fun spirally shape that the kids like.
- Honestly I used what was in the cupboard, so use what you have.
At the end I put a dollop of sour cream on top but once I stirred it in I think it would be best to stir it in before serving, unless you don’t care for it.
Totally up to you but I like it creamy taco pasta style personally.
You only need a few ingredients to make this easy Instant Pot taco casserole
- Instant Pot – this is the 1 I have
- Ground beef – this is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you forgot to thaw it out the night before. 😉
- Small noodles – we used rotini
- Cheese – I like Mexican blend already shredded version
- Diced tomatoes – I like petite tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Beef broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
If you don’t have a taco seasoning packet then just add (I didn’t have one and this is what I used)
- 1.5 tsp Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1.5 tsp Garlic salt
- 1.5 tsp Chili powder
After you make this be sure to try some of our other Instant Pot casseroles like these:
- Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole
- Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Instant Pot corn casserole recipe
Here’s a video showing you how I make it:
Instant Pot Taco Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1.5 tsp seasoned salt I use Lawry's (if using 1 taco seasoning packet then skip these seasonings and just add that)
- 1.5 garlic salt
- 1-2 tsp chili powder depending on spice level
- 14.5 diced tomatoes petite diced is best
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 c beef broth
- 2 c noodles small, we used rotini
- 1.5-2 c cheese Mexican blend shredded is best
- 1/2 c sour cream optional
- Put your Instant Pot on saute and add your olive oil, ground beef, spices (or taco seasoning packet) and diced onions. Brown meat until pink is gone. Turn pressure cooker off. Can drain if you desire, or not.
- Pour in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and beef broth, do not stir.
- Pour in uncooked noodles and gently press down so they are submerged into the liquid, do not stir.
- Put lid on Instant Pot and close steam valve.
- Set to pressure high for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Sprinkle 1.5 c cheese on top and put lid back on to warm cheese and allow to melt for at least 5 minutes, 10 is better to allow sauce to thicken as well.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top or put 1/2 c. sour cream into pot and stir for a creamy taco casserole style meal! Will thicken more upon standing.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉