This Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole is my kids favorite dinner. All the best flavors of sloppy joe but with pasta instead of a bun and packed with flavors! A complete meal with ground beef and bell peppers are a great addition too. If you love quick comfort food in your pressure cooker this is a winner.
I don’t know if it is because my family came from the midwest but there is something about a casserole for dinner that just hits the spot. Now that I use my pressure cooker a lot I have come up with a lot of them but now they take a fraction of the time vs. using the oven (and doesn’t heat up my whole house either during the summertime). This is our newest Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole dinner idea that was a real hit with the kids and saved so well that I dare say it was almost better the next day! On our list of favorite Instant Pot recipes that are casserole style!
Here’s what ours looked like straight out of the pot!
It thickens a lot as it sits too so if you want a really thick dish just let it sit and cool in your pressure cooker for about 10 minutes and it’s great.
If you like plain sloppy joes you can leave out the onion and bell peppers but they soften nicely as they cook and give it a nice added flavor and texture to this pressure cooker casserole.
I’m all about cheap Instant Pot recipes because well, why not!
There are 5 of us and whenever I can come up with a dinner everyone likes, and it is less than $20 to make it is a real winner in my book.
Here’s what you need to make our easy Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole dinner
- Ground beef – you could use ground turkey
- Small noodles – I used these spirals but you could use shells too
- Manwich – I used this large can
- Bell Pepper
- Diced tomatoes – I like petite diced in the can
That is literally all you need!
After you try this one you’ve got to try a few other Instant Pot casseroles we have here on The Typical Mom site
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole
- Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole
Instant Pot Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c noodles we used rotini
- 2 c water
- 1 c bell pepper diced, optional
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can Manwich 24 oz (large can)
- Put Instant Pot on saute setting, normal, and add olive oil. When warm add ground beef.
- Add diced onions and bell peppers.
- Cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Turn pot off. Drain, and return pot to Instant Pot.
- Add all other ingredients into your pot except for noodles.
- Pour noodles on the very top and gently push down so they are submerged in the liquid, do not stir.
- Set pressure cooker to manual, pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Quick release, serve!! Can top with cheese for added goodness.
Like I said, the next day I had a bit of leftovers and just warmed it up in the microwave and it was really flavorful! I guess because it sit in the fridge overnight but it made for a great little lunch the day after and it was a hit with everyone…on our list of favorite dinners for sure and kid approved!