This Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole is my kids favorite dinner. All the best flavors of sloppy joe but with pasta instead of a bun and packed with flavor!
I don’t know if it is because my family came from the midwest but there is something about a casserole for dinner that just hits the spot. Our newest Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole dinner idea was a real hit with the kids and saved so well that I dare say it was almost better the next day! On our list of favorite Instant Pot recipes that’s family friendly! (originally published 3/18)
Here’s what our Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole looked like straight out of the pot!
It thickens a lot as it sits too so if you want a really thick dish just let it sit and cool. After about 5-10 minutes you’ll have the perfect hearty meal. Top with cheese for more goodness!
If you like classic sloppy joes you’ll love this twist! You can leave out the onion and bell peppers but they soften nicely as they cook. They also give it a nice flavor and texture to this Instant Pot casserole.
- I’m all about cheap Instant Pot recipes because well, why not!
There are 5 of us and whenever I can come up with a dinner everyone likes that’s less than $20 it’s a real winner.
Here’s what you need to make our easy Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole dinner
- Ground beef – I use 1/2 lb. of this and 1/2 lb. of spicy ground sausage, you could use ground turkey too
- Small noodles – I used these spirals but you could use shells too
- Manwich – I used this large can
- Bell Pepper
- Diced tomatoes – I like petite diced in the can
- Water or beef broth
That is literally all you need!
After you try this one you’ve got to try a few other Instant Pot recipes we have here on The Typical Mom
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole
- Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Cheesy Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Our pressure cooker chicken noodle casserole is yummy
- Here are lots of other Instant Pot dinner recipes
Like I said, the next day I had a bit of leftover and warmed it up in the microwave. It was really flavorful!
Our Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole is now our list of favorite dinners for sure.
Instant Pot Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1/2 lb spicy ground sausage (or you can use 1 lb. ground beef to be milder)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c noodles we used rotini
- 2 c beef broth or water
- 1 c bell pepper diced, optional
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can Manwich 24 oz (large can)
- 1/2 onion diced
- Put Instant Pot on saute setting, normal, and add olive oil. When warm add ground beef and sausage.
- Add diced onions and bell peppers.
- Cook until ground beef and sausage is no longer pink. Turn pot off. Drain, and return pot to Instant Pot.
- Add all other ingredients into your pot except for noodles.
- Pour noodles on the very top and gently push down so they are submerged in the liquid, do not stir.
- Set pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Quick release, serve!! Will thicken as it sits too. Can top with cheese for added goodness.