This Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole is my kids favorite dinner. All the best flavors of sloppy joes but with pasta instead of a bun. Packed with flavor I tell you!
Our newest super easy Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole dinner idea was a real hit with the kids. It was so easy and I dare say it was almost better the next day! On our list of easy Instant Pot recipes that’s family friendly! (originally published 3/18, affiliate links present)
I don’t know if it is because my family came from the midwest but there is something about a casserole for dinner that just hits the spot.
You too should try to combine a few of your favorite dishes with noodles or rice to make a one pot meal like this.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
It’s a short cooking time and thickens a lot as it sits. So if you want a small bowl of really thick sloppy joe mixture of goodness just let it sit and cool.
After about 5-10 minutes you’ll have the perfect hearty meal. Top with cheese for more goodness!
Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole
- Pressure cooker
- If you have an Instant Pot I HIGHLY suggest you get this non stick pot. It will almost eliminate the false burn notices for all recipes.
- Ground beef – I use 1/2 lb. of this and 1/2 lb. of spicy ground sausage, you could use ground turkey too
- Small noodles – I used these spirals but you could use shells too
- Manwich – I used this large can
- Bell Pepper
- Diced tomatoes – I like petite diced in the can
- Water or beef broth
- Add a bit of chili powder for some heat if you like
That is literally all you need!
After you try this one you’ve got to try a few other Instant Pot recipes we have here on The Typical Mom. We’re all about pressure cooking I tell you.
- Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Our Instant Pot lo mein is yummy
- Cheesy Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Our pressure cooker chicken noodle casserole is yummy
Pressure cooker lasagna casserole is super yummy and way easier to eat than with big floppy noodles.
You can leave out the onion and bell peppers but they soften nicely as they cook. They also give it a nice flavor and texture to this Instant Pot casserole.
- I’m all about cheap Instant Pot recipes because well, why not!
There are 5 of us and whenever I can come up with a dinner everyone likes that’s less than $20 it’s a real winner. Like I said, the next day I had a bit of leftover and warmed it up in the microwave. It was really flavorful!
Our sloppy joes casserole is now our list of favorite Instant Pot dinner recipes. Just high pressure and serve in no time.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Put Instant Pot on saute setting, normal, and add olive oil. When warm add ground beef and sausage.
- Add diced onions and bell peppers.
- Cook until ground beef and sausage is no longer pink. Turn pot off. Drain, and return pot to Instant Pot. Add a bit of your beef broth into your pot to scrape any stuck on meat off the bottom (called deglazing) so false burn notice doesn’t pop up.
- Add all other ingredients into your pot except for noodles.
- Pour noodles on the very top and gently push down so they are submerged in the liquid, do not stir.
- Set pressure cooker to pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Quick release, serve!! Will thicken as it sits too. Can top with cheese for added goodness.