Creamy Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese recipe that is the BEST pressure cooker mac and cheese you’ll ever make in under 15 minutes flat! Cheesy perfection.
Have you tried making a pot of Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese yet?? I have TWO different recipes for this. The quick low fat version and the REALLY creamy and incredible version. I suggest you not count the calories and go straight to the recipe card one, then try more easy Ninja Foodi recipes next. (affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese
Ok so you just got your pot and you relied on the recipe in the recipe book that came with your pot. OMG, I know, everyone else figured out they made a typo with the amount of salt they published too. NO good….that is why I created this one. I just had to help.
This is one of the meals I grew up on. I mean I didn’t get it homemade like this, mine was out of the box. Okay but definitely not nearly as great as this one is. Have little ones who will only eat this and nuggets? I assure you that they will rave about this one friends.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- First LIKE my Facebook Page because I share new ideas there a lot!
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Grab a set of wooden utensils to work with. They are great so your pot doesn’t get scratched!
- Then join our Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes – Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. Thousands of others share both pressure cooker and air fryer recipe ideas there daily and you can too!
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Macaroni and Cheese Ninja Foodi
Want to make this completely OVER the top??!! Add some bacon into the mix too!! I mean you can add all sorts of things into the mix if you want. Sliced hot dogs works too and a family favorite for sure.
You don’t need any accessories to make this which is nice. Just throw in your liquid and uncooked elbow macaroni noodles and let those soften.
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. ?
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
Pressure Cooker Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Let me share the really quick low fat version of mac and cheese first. (2nd version to make it from good to AMAZING is below in recipe card)
- Macaroni noodles
- Then you’ll need 3 cups of liquid, water is fine to use but chicken broth is better
How to make 3 ingredient Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese
- Add your water and elbow macaroni into your pot, stir.
- Close your pressure cooker lid & steam valve. Set to high for 2 minutes. Allow to naturally release pressure for 1 minute 30 seconds, then release rest of steam.
- Lift lid and stir in 2 tbsp of butter, allow this to melt. Then sprinkle in 1 1/2 c. of your cheese and stir until melted. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, stir. Can serve now or follow next steps to melt more cheese on the top.
- Sprinkle 1 c. of cheese on top of cooked mac and cheese. Can add diced green onions at this time if desired.
Close air crisp lid, push air crisp button at 400 degrees for 3 minutes. Check, add additional minutes if desired (to crisp up further).
Why do I share the easy homemade macaroni and cheese recipe above if I say the one below is so much better?
- I do so because you can make it a dairy free mac and cheese with margarine instead of butter. It is without milk and has no heavy cream inside.
We’ve made both. Pressure cooker pasta recipes are seriously the best for hectic evenings.
Ninja Foodie Mac and Cheese
BUT what if you want to go ALL OUT and make the best Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese recipe ever??
You will need to pick this up:
- Elbow macaroni noodles
- Heavy whipping cream
- Chicken broth
- sharp cheddar
- Mexican blend
- Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Diced chives is optional
You can use a blend of any cheeses you want, above is what I choose.
What can you add into mac and cheese
I mean you can add heat and make it kinda’ spicy with tobasco for adults, add diced meat of any kind too. It’s a great way to use up leftovers for sure. If you dice up broccoli or cauliflower you could add 1/2 c. of that too and they’ll never know there were hidden vegetables inside.
- Sliced hot dogs
- takes 0 minutes to defrost or cook, from frozen to perfect
- Bacon bits
- Fresh cooked bacon, crushed
- Diced onions
- Diced cooked ham pieces
- Onion and/or garlic powder
I would add any and all of these after you stir in your cheese and let it melt, and before you air crisp.
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Ninja Foodi
No need to add anything else though, this is packed with flavor as is. Can you make boxed Kraft macaroni and cheese in a pressure cooker? YES!!!
This is the ONLY way we make it now!! Why??
Because there is NO draining required! Just add your liquid and noodles, cook to soften, add butter and the cheese packet and it’s ready to serve! I have instructions if you want to add hot dogs inside too.
What to serve with your baked macaroni and cheese recipe or air fryer mac and cheese;
- Pressure cooker broccoli takes just 1 minute!
- Make a whole chicken in your machine beforehand!
- A few air fryer chicken nuggets are always a favorite pair.
Ninja Foodi crack chicken is amazing and creamy with a block of cream cheese into the mix. Other one pot meals you should try:
- Our Mexican casserole we made in this the other night has a layer of ooey cheese on the top too.
- Try this teriyaki chicken broccoli and rice recipe too.
Our cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti recipe gets five stars from everyone who tries it.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Ninja Foodi Macaroni and Cheese
- Add your chicken broth, 1 cup of your heavy whipping cream and elbow macaroni into your pot, stir.
- Close your pressure cooker lid & steam valve. Set to high for 3 minutes. Allow to naturally release pressure for 1 minute 30 seconds, then release rest of steam.
- Lift lid and stir in 3 tbsp of butter, allow this to melt. Then sprinkle in 2 c. of your cheese and stir until melted. Add remaining 1/4 c of whipping cream. Season with a pinch of pepper, salt and garlic salt, stir. Can serve now or follow next steps to melt more cheese on the top.
- Sprinkle 1 c. of cheese on top of cooked mac and cheese. I use 1/3 c. of each: sharp cheddar, parmesan, and Mexican cheese blend. Can add diced green onions at this time if desired.
- Close air crisp lid, push air crisp button at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Check, add additional minutes if desired (to crisp up further).