Here’s an easy 10 minute Instant Pot spaghetti recipe that’s a favorite one pot meal! Just dump in a few ingredients to make a complete pasta dish that feeds all five of us for under ten dollars!
One of our favorite easy recipes was cooked tonight. The cook time was much faster than usual though. I am obsessed with my new pressure cooker! I had to make Instant Pot spaghetti to see just how much easier it would be. Here’s how to make this Instant Pot recipe today 😉 (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
Spaghetti in Instant Pot
If you’re new to using this high pressure pot, this is the first recipe you should make. If you follow the directions below you’ll never make it on the stovetop again.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
With everything cooked in one pot it came out perfectly in just 10 minutes AND it’s been on the most popular Instant Pot recipes TWO years in a row!
You could make it vegetarian without meat, as is stated in the recipe card below, or cook porcupine meatballs in Instant Pot separately. Then serve them together and enjoy with parmesan cheese.
So yummy right??!! It’s truly a grab your Instant Pot and set, then GO type of recipe.
Spaghetti in the Instant Pot
- Ground beef (ground turkey, or the best is to use spicy ground sausage)
- here is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef
- Spaghetti noodles (this is what I usually use, I use half the box)
- Garlic (I use already minced)
- Instant pot or pressure cooker (this is the one I have)
- Spaghetti sauce (1 jar pasta sauce, this is what I usually use) or you can make homemade Instant Pot spaghetti sauce
Instant Pot Spaghetti sauce
Optional add ins for this Instant Pot recipe:
- Garlic powder
- Pinch of Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh diced tomatoes
Just in case you get the burn message displayed on your machine here is how to deglaze your Instant Pot so you can resume cooking.
If you’ve never cooked spaghetti in one pot before it is so much easier than cooking everything separately. I love how the noodles turn out cooked in the sauce too.
Instead of boiling them all on their own you’re just adding some water to the overall mixture so it absorbs it from there.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Instant Pot spaghetti recipe
You just set Instant Pot to saute. Add the olive oil, onions and ground beef. Cook meat until it’s no longer pink. Drain if desired, we buy low saturated fat meat so I don’t bother. Turn pot off now.
- Add ingredients
Spread browned meat on to the bottom of the pot. Add your marinara sauce on top. Pour water on top of that. Break the spaghetti noodles into 3 equal pieces and gently submerge into liquid.
Close lid and steam valve. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release when done. Stir and serve.
Add the ground beef pasta into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
Which Instant Pot is best?
- I will tell you that I still have and use the “oldest” and first version that came out way back when. It was only $99 then, no fancy preset buttons, and it still works fantastic 3+ years later.
- You do NOT need the most expensive “fanciest” Duo, Lux, Plus, Ultra or Smart Wifi versions.
- Of course if you’re techie and have to have “all the things” then go ahead but simple is best in my opinion.
I would say this recipe serves 6 comfortably, so for 4 people there may be a bit left over. Of course that depends on who you are feeding. We have 1 man, 3 daughters and myself.
This recipe feeds all of us with probably 1 serving for lunch I save for leftovers the next day.
Spaghetti in Instant Pot
If you want more than what the recipe calls for I would recommend making two batches separately.
I personally prefer it this way though others have said doubling it works fine for them in their 8 qt.
Here are a few questions you might be asking yourself if it is your first time making this. I hope these answers help you to becoming an expert.
Yes of course, we will show you how in the video above and the instructions below. It cooks in just 10 minutes. Quick and easy.
Submerged in spaghetti sauce and water the noodles become tender when they are sprinkled in and broken. I think thirds is the right length so they don’t stick together.
I adjust the time slightly to 8 minutes usually, using the same directions here. Smaller noodles will need less time.
Make sure before you close the lid and start to pressure cook that your noodles are submerged in the liquid. Do not stir or it may trigger the burn message and/or stick to the bottom.
Yes it comes out perfectly every time. My oven and stove are crying lately because I rarely ever use them anymore.
Now if you want to do a twist on an already favorite dinner recipe you could make Instant Pot taco spaghetti too!!
- The only difference for this one is you’re going to follow our instructions on how to make Instant Pot taco meat.
- Then continue with the same directions below from steps 4 on.
It will give your traditional pressure cooker spaghetti dish a bit of a kick with a ton of flavor, we love both really.
Throw a loaf of the best garlic bread in the oven and top with some parmesan cheese and it’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes.
You can find many more easy dishes on my site too if you’re looking for another IP meal!
Instant Pot spaghetti
- This is one of the most popular cheap Instant Pot recipes too. It costs less than $10 to feed 5-6 people which is pretty amazing.
How long does it take to cook spaghetti?
Using the traditional stovetop method from start to finish including waiting for the water to boil, then the noodles to come to a boil again until tender I would say 20-25 minutes might be accurate.
- This takes closer to 16 minutes which may not be a huge difference in time but there are so many other benefits including:
- The noodles have a lot more flavor because they’re being cooked right in the sauce itself.
- You don’t have to watch the water or test the noodles a few times to ensure they’re tender and done.
- There are less dishes to clean up because all the cooking is done in one pot.
Note: Timing is set to 10 minutes, if you want your noodles more al dente set to 8 minutes instead.
Can you cook pasta in spaghetti sauce?
- Using a pressure cooker is the easiest method using these directions below.
- If using the “old fashioned” stovetop method the instructions are very similar
- just thin our your spaghetti or tomato sauce with water or broth
- bring it to a boil
- add dry spaghetti noodles – I prefer to break them into 3 equal parts so everything is submerged
- cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally so pasta doesn’t stick
Can you overcook pasta?
Yes if you don’t watch it carefully enough in your pot it can, and noodles will become gummy. It is best to cook until al dente. Using this Instant Pot spaghetti recipe will avoid that as it is timed perfectly.
I hope if you landed here looking for Instant Pot pasta recipes we have helped quite a bit!
- This Instant Pot lasagna soup is comfort food in a bowl with small noodles and WAY easier to make than using traditional wide pasta.
- More 5 ingredient Instant Pot recipes
- Instant Pot cheesy chicken spaghetti has a bit of a kick and tons of flavor.
- You’ve gotta’ try this Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole, it is amazing.
- Electric pressure cooker beef noodles are on our list to try next.
If you’d like to use your slow cooker you can try our crockpot spaghetti and meatballs recipe too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
If you let it sit what little liquid is there will get soaked up by the noodles and thicken a bit too.
It stays well inside the Instant Pot for quite some time so even if we are all getting home at different times everyone can enjoy this Instant Pot spaghetti dish.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb. spicy sausage is our new favorite instead of ground beef
- 1/4 c onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
- 2 c water I pour into spaghetti sauce jar once emptied, shake to get remainder of sauce and pour in pot, could use beef broth for even more flavor
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt optional, to taste
- Put Instant Pot on saute.
- Add olive oil, onions, and garlic and cook until onions are softened a bit.
- Add ground beef and cook until pink is gone. Drain grease or leave in, your choice.
- Add jar of spaghetti sauce, water, break noodles into 3rds (sprinkle in so they don’t lump together) and push noodles into liquid until they are covered. (do NOT stir)
- Secure lid, close close steam valve and set to 10 minutes (if you want more al dente set for 8-9 minutes).
- Quick release when it beeps, stir and serve. Done!
- ** Do not recommend doubling this recipe as it will not turn out properly. Make two batches separately if you want more.