Here’s an easy 10 minute Instant Pot spaghetti recipe that’s one of our favorite one pot meals ever! A family favorite dinner that you just dump and go and only requires a few ingredients to make. A complete pasta dish that feeds all five of us for under ten dollars, that’s a big win in my book!
Oh one of our favorite meals was cooked tonight but much faster than usual! I am obsessed with my new pressure cooker and 6 other devices in one now and had to make Instant Pot spaghetti in it to see just how much easier it would be. Of course it was easier, everything seems to be cooked in this all in one pot and it came out perfectly in just 10 minutes! Let us share how you too can make this easy recipe so quickly. It’s now one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. 😉 (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
So yummy right??!! It’s truly a grab your Instant Pot and set, then GO type of recipe.
Put this Instant Pot spaghetti into a cute pasta bowl topped with some parmesan cheese and a side of bread and you’ve got a great meal!
This is what you’ll need to make our easy Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Ground beef (ground turkey, or the best is to use spicy ground sausage)
- Spaghetti sauce (1 jar pasta sauce, this is what I usually use)
- or you can make homemade Instant Pot spaghetti sauce
- Spaghetti noodles (this is what I usually use, I use half the box)
- Onion (optional but gives great flavor)
- Garlic (I use already minced)
- Instant pot or pressure cooker (this is the one I have)
Optional add ins:
- Garlic powder
- Pinch of Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh diced tomatoes
- Just in case you get the burn message displayed on your machine here is how to deglaze your Instant Pot so you can resume cooking.
If you’ve never cooked spaghetti in one pot before it is so much easier than cooking everything separately. I love how the noodles turn out cooked in the sauce too.
Instead of boiling them all on their own you’re just adding some water to the overall mixture so it absorbs it from there.
- You just set Instant Pot to saute
- Add the ground beef and cook the meat until it’s no longer pink
- drain if desired, we buy low saturated fat meat so I don’t bother
- Add your marinara sauce
- Break the spaghetti noodles into 2-3 equal pieces
- Gently submerged into liquid
- Set to high pressure
- Quick release when done
- 15 minutes later (including prep and browning your meat) you have a quick and easy pot of spaghetti!
If you love our easy Instant Pot spaghetti you may be looking for more easy pressure cooker recipes:
- Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti
- 5 ingredient Instant Pot chili
Now if you want to do a twist on an already favorite dinner recipe you could make Instant Pot taco spaghetti too!!
- The only difference for this one is you’re going to follow our instructions on how to make Instant Pot taco meat.
- Then continue with the same directions below from steps 4 on.
It will give your traditional pressure cooker spaghetti dish a bit of a kick with a ton of flavor, we love both really.
Throw a loaf of the best garlic bread in the oven and top with some parmesan cheese and it’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. You can find many more easy dishes on my site too if you’re looking for another IP meal!
Instant Pot spaghetti is one of our favorite dinners because it is really quick to throw together. I always have the ingredients in my cupboard too.
- This is one of the most popular cheap Instant Pot recipes too. It costs less than $10 to feed 5-6 people which is pretty amazing.
- Just in case you forgot to thaw your meat, here is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef too.
Note: Timing is set to 10 minutes, if you want your noodles more al dente set to 8 minutes instead.
Here are the printable directions:
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb. spicy sausage is our new favorite instead of ground beef
- 1/4 c onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
- 2 c water I pour into spaghetti sauce jar once emptied, shake to get remainder of sauce and pour in pot
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt optional, to taste
- Put Instant Pot on saute.
- Add olive oil, onions, and garlic and cook until onions are softened a bit.
- Add ground beef and cook until pink is gone. Drain grease or leave in, your choice.
- Add jar of spaghetti sauce, water, break noodles into 3rds (sprinkle in so they don't lump together) and push noodles into liquid until they are covered. (do NOT stir)
- Secure lid, close close steam valve and set to 10 minutes (if you want more al dente set for 8-9 minutes).
- Quick release when it beeps, stir and serve. Done!
- ** Do not recommend doubling this recipe as it will not turn out properly. Make two batches separately if you want more.