Here’s an easy 10 minute Instant Pot spaghetti recipe that’s one of our favorite one pot meals ever! A family favorite dinner that you just dump and go and only requires a few ingredients to make. A complete pasta dish that feeds all five of us for under ten dollars, that’s a big win in my book!
One of our favorite easy recipes was cooked tonight. The cook time was much faster than usual though. I am obsessed with my new pressure cooker! I just had to make Instant Pot spaghetti in it tonight to see just how much easier it would be. Of course it was easier, everything seems to be cooked in this all in one pot and it came out perfectly in just 10 minutes! Let us share how you too can make this easy Instant Pot recipe so you can try it too. 😉 (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
So yummy right??!! It’s truly a grab your Instant Pot and set, then GO type of recipe.
Put this Instant Pot spaghetti into a cute pasta bowls topped with some parmesan cheese and a side of homemade rolls and you’ve got a great meal!
This is what you’ll need to make our easy Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Ground beef (ground turkey, or the best is to use spicy ground sausage)
- here is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef
- Spaghetti sauce (1 jar pasta sauce, this is what I usually use)
- or you can make homemade Instant Pot spaghetti sauce
- Spaghetti noodles (this is what I usually use, I use half the box)
- Garlic (I use already minced)
- Instant pot or pressure cooker (this is the one I have)
Optional add ins for this Instant Pot recipe:
- Garlic powder
- Pinch of Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh diced tomatoes
- Just in case you get the burn message displayed on your machine here is how to deglaze your Instant Pot so you can resume cooking.
If you’ve never cooked spaghetti in one pot before it is so much easier than cooking everything separately. I love how the noodles turn out cooked in the sauce too.
Instead of boiling them all on their own you’re just adding some water to the overall mixture so it absorbs it from there.
- You just set Instant Pot to saute
- Add the ground beef and cook the meat until it’s no longer pink
- drain if desired, we buy low saturated fat meat so I don’t bother
- Add your marinara sauce
- Break the spaghetti noodles into 2-3 equal pieces
- Gently submerged into liquid
- Set to high pressure
- Quick release when done
- 15 minutes later (including prep and browning your meat) you have a quick and easy pot of spaghetti!
Which Instant Pot is best?
- I will tell you that I still have and use the “oldest” and first version that came out way back when. It was only $99 then, no fancy preset buttons, and it still works fantastic 3+ years later. You do NOT need the most expensive “fanciest” Duo, Lux, Plus, Ultra or Smart Wifi versions. Of course if you’re techie and have to have “all the things” then go ahead but simple is best in my opinion.
If you love our easy Instant Pot spaghetti you may be looking for more easy pressure cooker recipes:
- Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti
- Then try our Instant Pot hamburger casserole
- 5 ingredient Instant Pot chili
Now if you want to do a twist on an already favorite dinner recipe you could make Instant Pot taco spaghetti too!!
- The only difference for this one is you’re going to follow our instructions on how to make Instant Pot taco meat.
- Then continue with the same directions below from steps 4 on.
It will give your traditional pressure cooker spaghetti dish a bit of a kick with a ton of flavor, we love both really.
Throw a loaf of the best garlic bread in the oven and top with some parmesan cheese and it’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. You can find many more easy dishes on my site too if you’re looking for another IP meal!
Instant Pot spaghetti is one of our favorite dinners because it is really quick to throw together. I always have the ingredients in my cupboard too.
- This is one of the most popular cheap Instant Pot recipes too. It costs less than $10 to feed 5-6 people which is pretty amazing.
How long does it take to cook spaghetti?
- Using the traditional stovetop method from start to finish including waiting for the water to boil, then the noodles to come to a boil again until tender I would say 20-25 minutes might be accurate.
- This takes closer to 16 minutes which may not be a huge difference in time but there are so many other benefits including:
- The noodles have a lot more flavor because they’re being cooked right in the sauce itself.
- You don’t have to watch the water or test the noodles a few times to ensure they’re tender and done.
- There are less dishes to clean up because all the cooking is done in one pot.
Note: Timing is set to 10 minutes, if you want your noodles more al dente set to 8 minutes instead.
Both of these answer: can you cook pasta in spaghetti sauce?
- Using a pressure cooker is the easiest method using these directions below.
- If using the “old fashioned” stovetop method the instructions are very similar
- just thin our your spaghetti or tomato sauce with water or broth
- bring it to a boil
- add dry spaghetti noodles – I prefer to break them into 3 equal parts so everything is submerged
- cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally so pasta doesn’t stick
Can you overcook pasta this way?
Yes if you don’t watch it carefully enough in your pot it can, and noodles will become gummy. It is best to cook until al dente. Using this Instant Pot spaghetti recipe will avoid that as it is timed perfectly.
I hope if you landed here looking for Instant Pot pasta recipes we have helped quite a bit!
Now that you can answer the question of: can you cook spaghetti noodles in a pressure cooker? You may want to try a few others!
- This Instant Pot lasagna soup is comfort food in a bowl with small noodles and WAY easier to make than using traditional wide pasta.
- More 5 ingredient Instant Pot recipes
- Instant Pot cheesy chicken spaghetti has a bit of a kick and tons of flavor.
- You’ve gotta’ try this Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole, it is amazing.
- Electric pressure cooker beef noodles are on our list to try next.
If you’d like to use your slow cooker you can try our crockpot spaghetti and meatballs recipe too.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb. spicy sausage is our new favorite instead of ground beef
- 1/4 c onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
- 2 c water I pour into spaghetti sauce jar once emptied, shake to get remainder of sauce and pour in pot, could use beef broth for even more flavor
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt optional, to taste
- Put Instant Pot on saute.
- Add olive oil, onions, and garlic and cook until onions are softened a bit.
- Add ground beef and cook until pink is gone. Drain grease or leave in, your choice.
- Add jar of spaghetti sauce, water, break noodles into 3rds (sprinkle in so they don't lump together) and push noodles into liquid until they are covered. (do NOT stir)
- Secure lid, close close steam valve and set to 10 minutes (if you want more al dente set for 8-9 minutes).
- Quick release when it beeps, stir and serve. Done!
- ** Do not recommend doubling this recipe as it will not turn out properly. Make two batches separately if you want more.