5 ingredient Instant Pot recipes are handy to have when you’re in a rush! Quick and easy pressure cooker dinners & desserts you can make in no time at all in one pot.
Ready for a bunch of 5 ingredient Instant Pot recipes you can throw together this week? I am all about easy family friendly meals that are cheap too. Try a few of these and let us know which quick Instant Pot recipes are your favorite. (originally published 11/19, affiliate links present)
5 Ingredient Recipes
#1 let me start with saying that I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot for these and all future pressure cooker recipes. It’s a Game Changer y’all. Another is that if you have a Ninja Foodi pot you can make all of these. It doesn’t matter what brand your machine is.
I don’t use unusual items either, I want everyone to have what they need as far as seasonings in their cupboard. As far as proteins chicken, pork and beef is pretty much it. I have kids so unusual things aren’t going to go over well here.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
6 Ingredients or Less Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for lots of Instant Pot dinner recipes? I have a ton, several of them have only a few ingredients to them.
- Instant Pot Dump Cake is a fabulous dessert
- Get some sauerkraut and make Instant Pot Brats for dinner tonight
- Pressure cooker frozen chicken wings are so good using the CrispLid to crisp them.
Kraft mac and cheese in a pressure cooker is the only way we make it now!
5 Ingredient Ninja Foodi Recipes
- Let me tell you how they qualify for this category:
- I don’t count water as an ingredient
- Seasonings aren’t counted either
- 5 ingredients to me means anything other than those
If you’re looking for a few super easy and healthy Instant Pot recipes? We have a few to choose from below.
- This is how to cook a frozen Instant Pot chicken recipe here.
- You can make an Instant Pot turkey too.
- Not counting the seasoning, our pressure cooker lasagna casserole is a hit in our house
- You’ve gotta try this Instant Pot Popcorn
Super cheap and tasty Instant Pot Salsa Chicken I love because you only need 3 ingredients.
Instant Pot Recipes with 5 Ingredients
If you’re new to using a pressure cooker I would make our spaghetti first. It is super simple and requires NO boiling. If you’re anything like me it will change your life and you’ll never make it on the stovetop again. You can use ground beef of course but a roll of spicy sausage is a GREAT alternative I tell you.
- Make Instant Pot Shredded Chicken or salsa verde chicken tonight
- Our Instant Pot spaghetti is our most popular recipe!
- Cheesy and easy Instant Pot macaroni and cheese
- Instant Pot chicken cacciatore is a healthy pressure cooker meal that can be packed with veggies, served on top of rice, in hoagie rolls, or as is.
Instant Pot split pea soup from homemade is great because it only takes 17 minutes!!
Love Instant Pot casseroles? If you don’t count the seasonings many of them only need 5 ingredients to make.
- Skip the veggies and our Instant Pot tuna casserole only requires 5 ingredients to make.
- Instant Pot French onion soup is really simple to make.
- With a few chicken breasts, you can make this Instant Pot chicken parmesan dish
- Pressure cooker sausage is an easy recipe where you can add a few or many peppers.
- If you love cream cheese, try crack chicken
- This Instant Pot chuck roast is popular
For dessert make this fat free Instant Pot angel food cake.
Pantry Ingredient Pressure Cooker Recipes
Looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes? We have over 101 on The Typical Mom blog! Look on our menu bar and bookmark our site because we add 1-2 new ones each week! They’ll keep you busy for 365 days with very little overlap.
- Pressure cooking is the wave of the future. Between that, my air fryer and and my slow cooker I rarely turn on my oven anymore.
You can even make Instant Pot steak if you don’t want to turn on your barbecue that day. With a little olive oil you can sear the outside and cook it with potatoes and all. And Instant Pot pot roast has never come out more tender this way.
Then you’ve gotta’ try our Instant Pot beef tips and gravy.
5 ingredient Instant Pot meals
- Tip to remember: When cooking a large hunk of meat in your pressure cooker allow the steam to naturally release. A quick release will not yield a piece that is as tender. Simple but important trick to keep in mind.
You can be pretty creative. Love vegetables? Add a cup of mixed frozen veggies into the mix. Want to double the batch and make dinner for a large crowd? Most of these can do that, especially if you have an 8 quart pot.
- I do have a list of easy 3 ingredient Instant Pot recipes as well you can check out like:
- Instant Pot broccoli and Instant Pot shrimp really only have 1 ingredient each.
What are the best things to cook in an Instant Pot?
- Any of these Instant Pot chicken recipes
- Instant Pot Rice
- Beans in the Instant Pot have never been easier – from dry to tender in about an hour you can make Instant Pot baked beans and more from scratch now
- Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is seriously the best
But don’t stop there! We have a ton that are close to 5 ingredient Instant Pot recipes but maybe have 6 like our Instant Pot apricot chicken. A favorite dinner with Instant Pot brussel sprouts amongst my girls.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
5 Ingredient Instant Pot Recipes
- Set pot to saute and add olive oil and meat. Saute until no longer pink on the outside. Turn pot off. Use wood spatula to scrape any stuck on meat off bottom of pot.
- Pour in all other ingredients and stir together. Seal lid and steam valve shut to closed and set to high pressure for 10 minutes with a quick release.
- Serve 5 ingredient chili with cheese on top.