This healthy Instant Pot chicken cacciatore recipe is so easy to make and just takes 3 minutes to cook in your pressure cooker. Moist and full of flavor, you just need 3 ingredients for this low carb dinner idea! Serve it over rice and it’s one of my kids’ favorite meals. Cheap and healthy is a total score!
If you do not have one of these fancy pressure cookers I can’t say enough about them! I have been creating lots of easy Instant Pot recipes ever since I got mine last Christmas and it is the best way to make a full on healthy dinner in less than 20 minutes total! This new Instant Pot chicken cacciatore recipe we made tonight and it came out great! Really healthy, using a few ingredients, and inexpensive at just under $11 for the whole meal that fed 6 of us. (originally published 6/17)
I made crockpot chicken cacciatore years ago and we loved it so much that I thought there had to be an easy way to make it again in my Instant Pot so we gave it a whirl and it took just 3 minutes to cook!
Full of flavor from the spaghetti sauce (could use homemade recipe for spaghetti sauce but I am all about easy), seasoning and the flavor from the bell peppers it’s a great dinner idea. If I can make a healthy meal that we all love it’s a huge win, and this Instant Pot chicken cacciatore recipe got a thumbs up from all of us.
This is what you need to make this easy Instant Pot chicken cacciatore recipe
- Chicken breasts
- Bell peppers
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- Spaghetti sauce
- You could serve it as is for a low carb dinner, or make this easy Instant Pot white rice and serve on top.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz.
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless, cut into bite size pcs.
- 1/2 onion
- 3 bell peppers any variety
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 c water
- Cube chicken and add into your Instant Pot.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over that. Add 1/2 c. water into your jar, put on top and shake to get remaining sauce out of jar. Pour on top of chicken.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into strips (thicker if you want them firmer when done, thinner if you want them really soft). Add into your pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle your chili powder and garlic salt over that and stir until well combined.
- Set your Instant Pot to manual, pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release when done, lift lid carefully and serve over rice!(as always, check chicken when done to make sure it is thoroughly cooked thru, 3 min. is plenty of time if cut into bite size pcs. initially)
I call a recipe a win when all of us like it, it’s easy to prepare, and it costs under $20 to feed all of us. This checked all those boxes, plus I had enough for lunch the next day. You can slice the onions and bell peppers thin if you want them to be soft when it is done or I like them a bit firmer so I cut them a bit thicker before throwing them in, either way it’s great.
Looking for more easy Instant Pot chicken recipes?
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken
- Hawaiian Instant Pot shredded chicken
- Instant Pot chicken and dumplings
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉