This spicy honey Instant Pot chicken takes just 4 minutes to cook and comes out moist and full of flavor! Sweet and spicy chicken bites smothered in delicious sauce which we love atop a bed of rice. A great healthy pressure cooker dinner our whole family enjoys.
Ever since I got my fancy pressure cooker I have been fiddling with new Instant Pot recipes and have come up with many that are so quick and my family loves! Sometimes it is hard to create something healthy that everyone enjoys (including my 3 kids). This spicy honey garlic chicken is one of them though! My littlest loves what she calls “sweet chicken” which is the chicken she gets at Chinese food restaurants so I aimed to create something similar to that but with a little bit of heat since we love Sriracha! This sweet and spicy honey Instant Pot chicken turned out great the first time around, we will definitely be making this one again! (affiliate link present, originally published 6/17)
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet and are busy like we are I highly recommend getting one!
It has made making dinners so much easier. I tend to cook healthier overall too. I can add chicken, whip up this sauce in a small bowl, close the lid and in less than 20 minutes it’s done. Seriously!
Don’t get intimidated to pressure cook. I was at first. It is really easy to use once you get the hang of it and I only create Instant Pot chicken recipes here on The Typical Mom.
I also include simple step by step directions for this spicy Instant Pot chicken as well as for every other recipe I create so everyone can make them. If I can include an instructional video as well. 😉
If you’re looking for a healthy Instant Pot recipe that tastes amazing for dinner or even serve this as an appetizer in a bowl with some toothpicks on the side to snack on without the rice! Use as much or as little Sriracha as you want to adjust the heat level, or leave it out entirely and make a sweet honey chicken, that would be amazing too.
I added 2 tbsp of Sriracha to this Instant Pot spicy honey chicken and it was a bit spicy, but not over the top.
If you really like heat just add more, or cut out entirely if it’s not your thing. I added large chunks of chicken to the pot knowing they would shrink a bit when cooking. If you cut them smaller I would decrease the cook time to 3 minutes to maintain it’s moisture. You still want to give it time to soak up all the yummy sauce juices.
- That is the great thing about the pressure cooker function.
You can use the same meat but create a different sauce and it is infused into the meat when it cooks. It does it so quickly too and allows us to eat dinner as a family much more often because I can make a complete meal in about 20 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy spicy honey Instant Pot chicken recipe
- Instant Pot or any other pressure cooker
- I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot too!
- Chicken breasts – boneless skinless, could use chicken thigh meat if you preferred
- Brown sugar
- Minced ginger & garlic
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha – can leave out if you don’t want any heat
- Here’s how to make the perfect Instant Pot white rice
Once everything is in the pot (minus the cornstarch) you just lock lid and cook! Then do a quick pressure release once the beep goes off and enjoy the yumminess my friends. I start my rice before preparing this so everything is done at once. 😉
Looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes?
- We have a few more you have to try too like our Instant Pot Hawaiian chicken recipe that is so good
- Our pressure cooker apricot chicken is a family fave
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Try our Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs
- Mushroom masala looks good too
This spicy chicken is great served with Instant Pot broccoli to. It only takes 1 minute on high pressure!
- Keep in mind the sauce thickens in the last step when adding cornstarch. BUT will continue to thicken as it sits so just add a bit.
Here’s the printable recipe to follow as well:
Spicy Honey Instant Pot Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or more if you want it really spicy
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 onion sliced or diced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional to top
- 2 green onions optional to top
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Cut chicken breasts into large bite size chunks and cut onion into chunks.
- Put chicken and onions into the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Mix all other ingredients together (except the cornstarch) well with a fork and pour on top of chicken.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set Instant Pot to manual, pressure, high, 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release and carefully lift lid.
- Put some of the hot sauce in a small bowl with the cornstarch and whisk together, then add back into the pot and stir.
- Set Instant Pot to saute, normal and let bubble for a few minutes.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes so the sauce thickens.
- Serve spicy honey chicken over rice.