This spicy honey Instant Pot chicken takes just 4 minutes to cook and comes out moist and full of flavor! Sweet and spicy chicken bites smothered in delicious sauce which we love atop a bed of rice. A great healthy pressure cooker dinner our whole family enjoys.
Ever since I got my fancy pressure cooker I have been fiddling with new Instant Pot recipes and have come up with many that are so quick and my family loves! Sometimes it is hard to create something healthy that my entire family will love (including my 3 kids), but this is one of them! My littlest loves what she calls “sweet chicken” which is the chicken she gets at Chinese food restaurants so I aimed to create something similar to that but with a little bit of heat since we love Sriracha! This sweet and spicy honey Instant Pot chicken turned out great the first time around, we will definitely be making this one again! (affiliate link present, originally published 6/17)
If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet and are busy like we are I highly recommend getting one!
It has made making dinners so much easier and I tend to cook healthier overall too. I can whip up the sauce, cook the chicken, and throw on some Minute rice to serve this on in less than 20 total…seriously!
Don’t get intimidated, I was at first. It is really easy to use once you get the hang of it and I only create easy Instant Pot chicken recipes here on The Typical Mom so you don’t have to worry about being labor intensive or difficult.
I also include simple step by step directions for every recipe I create so everyone can make them, and if I can include an instructional video I will do that too. 😉
That’s just how I roll…….
If you’re looking for a healthy Instant Pot recipe that tastes amazing for dinner or even serve this as an appetizer in a bowl with some toothpicks on the side to snack on without the rice! Use as much or as little Sriracha as you want to adjust the heat level, or leave it out entirely and make a sweet honey chicken, that would be amazing too.
I added 2 tbsp of Sriracha and it was a bit spicy but not over the top, I wouldn’t want more though. I cut large chunks of chicken knowing they would shrink a bit when cooking, if you cut them smaller I would decrease the cook time to 3 minutes to maintain it’s moisture but still give it time to soak up all the yummy sauce juices.
That is the great thing about the pressure cooker function.
You can use the same meat but create a different sauce and it is infused into the meat when it cooks. It does it so quickly too and allows us to eat dinner as a family much more often because I can make a complete meal in about 20 minutes.
Once you’ve tried this one give a few of these others below a whirl….they are amazing.
Let us know what you think too or if you added something else to this spicy honey Instant Pot chicken that we might want to try when we make it next time!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy spicy honey Instant Pot chicken recipe
- Chicken breasts – boneless skinless
- Brown sugar
- Minced ginger
- Minced garlic
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha – can leave out if you don’t want any heat
- Rice – here’s how to make the perfect Instant Pot white rice
Looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes?
- Our Instant Pot Dorito casserole uses diced chicken like this one does too
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs
Here’s the printable recipe to follow as well:
Spicy Honey Instant Pot Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or more if you want it really spicy
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 onion sliced or diced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional to top
- 2 green onions optional to top
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Cut chicken breasts into large bite size chunks and cut onion into chunks.
- Put chicken and onions into the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Mix all other ingredients together (except the cornstarch) well with a fork and pour on top of chicken.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set Instant Pot to manual, pressure, high, 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release and carefully lift lid.
- Put some of the hot sauce in a small bowl with the cornstarch and whisk together, then add back into the pot and stir.
- Set Instant Pot to saute, normal and let bubble for a few minutes.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes so the sauce thickens.
- Serve spicy honey chicken over rice.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉