Here is an easy and cheap pressure cooker sausage and peppers recipe you can make for under $10 and feeds 5 people! You only need just 3 ingredients too!
If you’re all about easy Instant Pot recipes this is going to go on the top of your list! I needed a quick meal that we would all love with vegetables and chose some sweet Italian sausage together and made some pressure cooker sausage and peppers that tasted amazing inside hoagie rolls for dinner the other night!
It literally cost me just $10 for all the ingredients which means it will be added to our long list of cheap Instant Pot recipes but obviously can be made in any type of pressure cooker you might have.
I chose sweet Italian sausage you see here because it is the style my husband prefers, but the same brand has spicy sausage as well if you like a little heat.
I always choose whatever spaghetti sauce is on sale and if you aren’t particular about a brand you can really make this meal ultra cheap.
Sometimes I grab some hoagie style rolls to put it in, other times I’ve served it over rice, and tonight I just served it as is with a slice of french bread on the side. I literally see what’s on sale and buy that!
This is what you need to make this pressure cooker sausage recipe
- 5-6 sausage – there’s 5 in a package when I buy them, you could fit 6 but not more in a 6 qt. without having them overlap
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2-1 onion – optional
- 3/4 c. water – you’ll need to add some water in order to get it to come to pressure
That is seriously it!!
The sausage I used was medium sized I would say, and typical of those in packages in the meat section of your grocery store. If you used larger sausage and/or some with a thick casing you may want to put it in for 8 minutes rather than 6, but typically 6 works well.
Here’s the printable recipe.
Pressure Cooker Sausage
- 6 sausage we use sweet Italian sausage
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 c water
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced, optional
- Slice onion and bell peppers.
- Pour 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of your pressure cooker.
- Place sausages on top, not overlapping.
- Put sliced onions and bell peppers on top and pour the remainder of your spaghetti sauce on top.
- Pour 3/4 c of water into your jar of spaghetti sauce, put lid on and shake.
- Pour this into your Instant Pot and put the lid on, close steam valve.
- Set to pressure high for 6 minutes.
- Do a quick release and put sausage into hoagie rolls, on top of rice, or serve as is with peppers and onions from pot. Pour some sauce over the top and serve.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉