Here’s an easy crockpot sausage and vegetables recipe that is packed with protein and gluten free! Full of flavor and cooks all day in your slow cooker.
This easy crockpot sausage and vegetables recipe hits all those mark on so many levels. It is healthy, cheap and definitely a family favorite easy crockpot recipe we love. (originally published 8/17)
I am all about using my crockpot year round! I am a busy mom who works full time and quite frankly I’m tired.
The flavors just mature and grow as time goes on with this, and there is no work required from me really at all.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
If I can make something packed with veggies my family likes it’s a real plus, make it under $20 to feed all 5 of us and it gets an extra plus too!
Packed with lots of flavor from the sausage, sauce, and the vegetables it is so yummy by itself or with a side of rice.
If you’re looking for a yummy gluten free slow cooker recipe this hits that mark too.
Let us know what you think!
Crock pot sausage and vegetables
- 1 jar barbecue sauce – this style is great and has a little spice
- 5 or so Italian sausages – refrigerated style like these
- smoked sausage or turkey sausage work too
- these were raw, cooked sausage wouldn’t take as long
- Lots of vegetables – we used bell peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, squash and zucchini
- 8 qt. crockpot is what I use
Seasonings aren’t really necessary because the meat has a lot of it already. Could add red pepper flakes for heat or salt and pepper if desired.
This really is a dump and go kind of meal that you can make with as many different vegetables as you like.
If cherry tomatoes are in season get a few more of those, squash doesn’t look good. Just omit this time. Using what is in season is key to making it taste super fresh and flavorful. The fresher the ingredients the yummier it is!
You can use your favorite bottled barbecue sauce, or make your own. I added a link to my suggestion above. 😉
Slow Cooker Sausage
Just throw it all in, similar to our Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe and your dinner will be ready for you in 4 hours if you’re in a hurry or 6 if you’re willing to wait. I like it on low for a slow and lengthy cook time.
- You can find everything you need at your local grocery store. If you want to thin out the sauce a bit just use water or chicken broth.
Here’s the printable recipe for this crockpot sausage and vegetables dish:
Time needed: 6 hours.
Crockpot Sausage and Vegetables
Put sausage links on bottom of your slow cooker. Cut into cubes or dice all of your vegetables. Mix vegetables with your barbecue sauce in a bowl, then pour on top of your sausages.
Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hrs. on low. Serve on rolls or over rice.
Crockpot Sausage and Peppers
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot Sausage and Vegetables
- Remove skins from your sausage links.
- Cut into cubes or dice all of your vegetables.
- Add sausages to bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix vegetables with your barbecue sauce in a bowl, then pour on top of your sausages.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hrs on high or 5-6 hrs. on low. Serve on rolls or over rice.