Here’s an easy crockpot sausage and vegetables recipe that is packed with protein and gluten free! Full of flavor and cooks all day in your slow cooker.
I am all about using my crockpot year round! I am a busy mom who works full time and quite frankly even if I had time to nurse a dish on the stovetop I just think things turn out better cooking on a low temperature all day long. All the flavors just mature and grow as time goes on and there is no work required from me really at all. If I can make something packed with veggies my family likes it’s a real plus, make it under $20 to feed all 5 of us and it gets an extra plus too! This easy crockpot sausage and vegetables recipe hits all those marks and more. One of our favorite easy crockpot recipes. (originally published 8/17)
Packed with lots of flavor from the sausage, sauce, and the vegetables it is so yummy by itself or with a side of rice.
If you’re looking for a yummy gluten free slow cooker recipe this hits that mark too.
Let us know what you think!
This is what you will need to make this easy crockpot sausage and vegetables recipe
- 1 jar barbecue sauce – this style is great and has a little spice
- 5 or so Italian sausages – refrigerated style like these
- Lots of vegetables – we used sweet peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, squash and zucchini
- 8 qt. crockpot
This really is a dump and go kind of meal that you can make with as many different vegetables as you like. If cherry tomatoes are in season get a few more of those, squash doesn’t look good…just omit this time. Using what is in season is key to making it taste super fresh and flavorful. The fresher the ingredients the yummier it is!
You can use your favorite barbecue sauce, I added a link to my suggestion above. 😉
Just throw it all in, similar to our Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe and your dinner will be ready for you in 4 hours if you’re in a hurry or 6 if you’re willing to wait…..I like it on low for a slow and lengthy cook time.
Here’s the printable recipe for this crockpot sausage and vegetables dish:
If you’re looking to make this recipe in under 30 minutes rather than letting it simmer all day try our pressure cooker sausage recipe.
Crockpot Sausage and Vegetables
- 19 oz Italian or mild sausage about 5, refrigerated, skins removed
- 1 c onions
- 2 c mini sweet peppers
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 3/4 c barbecue sauce
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- Remove skins from your sausage links.
- Cut into cubes or dice all of your vegetables.
- Add sausages to bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix vegetables with your barbecue sauce in a bowl, then pour on top of your sausages.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hrs on high or 5-6 hrs. on low. Serve on rolls or over rice.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉