Air fryer sausage and potatoes cooked together to perfection! Tender with a little crisp on the outsides makes this a hearty meal everyone will love.
Air fryer sausage and potatoes with some onions in there is one of the best dinners we’ve made in our new appliance! For even more ideas look on our air fryer recipes page. (affiliate links present)
- I love an easy dinner with multiple ingredients all cooked together, that’s where my Ninja Foodi comes in.
- You can use any brand but this is the machine I used to make sausage and potatoes.
- Then LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
To be quite honest this was something I just threw together. I had a bag of red potatoes that needed to be used, and our friend gave us this homemade jalapeno and cheddar deer sausage. I know, sounds amazing right??
With an added onion and some olive oil of course they all came out perfectly tender and flavorful.
This is essentially what I used here. Precooked link sausage of any kind could be used. I buy an apple version at the store pretty often so if I hadn’t been given these, that is what I would’ve added.
Can I cook sausages in an air fryer I thought in the beginning. Well I had already done that already but added other ingredients is a bit trickier because of the cook time and correct temp.
- You don’t want one item to overcook while the other one is still raw, or not tender enough. That was what took a batch to figure out.
- I generally first refer to my air fryer cook times chart here which is a good gauge. Then it might take one or two trials but when I get it right it’s time to share with you too!
We will start by dicing everything small enough so it comes out tender at the same time. I cut each red potato into 12 equal pieces.
Sausage links need to be precooked, then slice them into dials. The wider the pieces the less crispy they will get. That is up to you as far as how you think you’d prefer them when done. Same goes with the onion.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for air fryer sausage and potatoes
- Air fryer basket
- Pre cooked smoked sausages
- red or russet
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Could add chili powder or Sriracha powder for heat
Of course you can add any additional seasonings you want. The amount I use depends on the type of links I buy. Since these already had spice to them I didn’t feel like I had to add much.
Here’s how to make this:
- Slice all ingredients.
- Preheat your air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Put into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and stir together so everything is coated nicely.
- Add half your contents into your basket so they don’t overlap much.
- Close lid and air fry for 12 minutes total, tossing ingredients halfway through.
- Test potatoes with a fork to see if they’re tender enough, if not add 2 minutes at a time up to an additional 5 minutes until everything is just as you like it.
- Remove, serve, add other half of your batch and cook Italian sausage and potatoes the same as the first batch.
It’s one of our favorite air fryer potato recipes for sure.
A meat thermometer really isn’t needed for this since you’re using precooked meats. Total time will be 15 minutes to 20 minutes total including time to preheat your machine. This allows it to cook more evenly.
- Want to change it up from a sausage link to including air fryer SPAM with your potatoes? We have made that too and it is amazing!
If you ONLY want to air fry sausages like this by themselves follow our Ninja Foodi sausage recipe here. You can see the results below, they come out great too.
- You could follow this to cook sausage patties as well. For that you’d need to check internal temp. before eating since those are raw.
Ready to enjoy this tonight??!! I kid you not my kids were fighting my husband over the first batch it was so good!!
- Please read printable directions below for specific instructions.
- There is nutritional information included as well with calories, saturated fat and protein listed. This will vary depending on the type of taters you use and brand of sausages.
Looking for more easy easy air fryer recipes?
If we’re having people over I love making this air fryer baked brie with apples and brown sugar. OH MY!
Air Fryer Sausage
- In a bowl add your thick slices of onion, potatoes cut into 12 pieces each, sausage links cut into dials, garlic, olive oil and seasonings.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Toss all ingredients together in bowl. When hot spray basket with non stick spray and pour half your mixture into your air fryer basket.
- Close lid and cook for 12 minutes tossing items inside once halfway through.
- Remove and add 2nd batch. You want to cook in 2-3 batches so food doesn't overlap and they get nice and tender.