Air Fryer baked brie is the most amazing appetizer you will ever make! Warm ooey gooey cheese with apples and brown sugar is something you must make ASAP!
Ok so we’re obsessed with this appetizer. Making air fryer baked brie was a new method, but the recipe is something I’ve made for years! If you’re ready to take air fryer recipes to the next level, try this ooey gooey sweet cheese!
Have you had this bite of heaven at a restaurant and wondered if you would make it at home?
I did and I just dreamed about it after I ate it one night, here’s our version.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
This is the only air fryer accessory I used to make this baked brie in an air fryer. I use it for so many other things too so it won’t go to waste.
You can bake a cake in, keep foods contained like our air fryer teriyaki chicken recipe and it’s used in our Instant Pot too.
I mean you could go without it, as long as it doesn’t leak out of your sealed dough. I just think it makes this easier to lift in and out of the basket too.
Air fryer baked brie
- 7″ springform pan
- Package of refrigerated crescent rolls
- if you can find a crescent sheet without the perforations, even better
- 8 oz. of brie cheese
- ours was a circle, if you can only find a triangular slice that’s fine too
- 1 apple
- we used a Fuji apple, peeled and finely diced
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil spray
If you don’t have a springform pan you could put it inside your air fryer basket.
The reason why I think using this pan is best is so that it doesn’t get punctured and mangled trying to take it out. It’s not that expensive, just get one.
We made this twice and got 2 different results, choose which one you’d prefer before you prep. This is in regards to using a round piece of brie like you see here.
- Method 1 – Place in the center of one side and dump other ingredients on top following the directions below. The outcome of this will be that when you slice it it will be like a pie with the cheese staying in tact, but still warm.
- We actually liked it this way, eating it with the flaky crescent roll outside as an appetizer.
- Method 2 – Cut your wheel in 4 equally sized pieces, the put back together and place in the center of your crescent roll half. You can alternatively slice a thin layer of the rind off the outer edges. Then follow instructions below.
- Outcome of this was that the cheese was hotter, oozed out when we sliced into it and kinda’ falls apart. This way you scoop it on to crackers to serve and is the traditional way you’ve probably had baked brie.
Both ways were actually amazing, it just depends on what sounds best to you. If you can only find a triangular slice where the cheese is exposed on the sides it will ooze out no matter what.
With the larger piece it requires more heat because the rind inhibits the cheese from flowing.
Once you unroll your rolls as you see here you will want to pinch together the diagonal perforations, leave the middle one alone. You just don’t want liquid oozing out while it’s cooking.
- Place your wheel of brie in the center and your other ingredients on top of that.
- if you want it to really ooze out when done slice the sides of rind off because that won’t melt
- The second half on the right will then be pulled off and put on top of your cheese
- Roll sides together pinching all the way around so it is totally enclosed
- Put inside of your springform pan, spray with non stick spray beforehand so it’s easy to get out
- Spray top of crescent with olive oil spray and set inside your preheated air fryer at 350 degrees
- you could alternatively use a light egg wash
- Bake for an 8 minute cook time which will get it to the point where the breading is cooked through, golden brown, and cheese is warm
Remove your air fried brie and undo the side clasp on your pan. Then use a spatula to lift out piece on to a plate for serving. Serve immediately for best results. If cheese isn’t as melted as you’d like just put plate in microwave for 30 seconds.
Of course there are a lot of options as far as what you add inside your “package”. I always choose a sweeter blend of diced apples, brown sugar and honey. If you wanted a more savory dish you could add herbs and seasonings.
- You can see our brie present of sorts here. It is quite easy to pinch together the perforations so it is one sheet essentially. I have found crescent roll sheets before but that isn’t as common.
What is you want to make baked brie in puff pastry you can do that too!
- The version above is made in your oven.
- We used puff pastry vs. crescent roll dough for that version.
I plan on trying pastry dough in this air fryer recipe in the future and will add directions for that when I do. You can make this in your Ninja Foodi as well.
Can you eat the outer layer of brie?
Yes!! You can eat the rind of Camembert, Brie, or any soft ripened cheese. This thick white layer gives these cheeses their characteristic bloomy rind look. The rind unlike oranges is totally edible and adds texture and flavor too.
Does the rind on brie melt?
No. Known as a smooth flowing melting cheese, to achieve this you might want to cut off the outer rind or the brie cheese won’t melt as much as you’d like.
Don’t remove too much, just enough so the rind is no longer seen.
Want to make baked brie with cranberry for the holidays??
That would be a great Thanksgiving cranberry recipe for sure! I might use a large scoop of canned cranberry sauce with the whole fruit, not jellied. Some small diced walnuts with it would be probably a great duo.
- Use your imagination when it comes to your holiday get together and what your tastebuds are craving.
- I kid you not this is our favorite air fryer appetizer ever and I guarantee your guests will ask for the recipe. 😉
After you cut your brie, what should you serve this with?
- Sliced baguette
- Thinly sliced apples
- Pita chips
Now are you ready to air fry everything?
- Try our air fryer pizza that’s semi homemade!
- Air fryer sweet potatoes are fun.
- Crispy brussel sprouts with bacon are hits during parties.
- An air fryer quesadilla is another favorite amongst cheese lovers
Make a batch of Instant Pot meatballs for a party too.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Baked Brie
- Preheat air fryer at 350 degrees for at least 5 minutes. Peel and finely dice apples and set aside. Pop open your refrigerated crescent rolls package and roll out flat on a cutting board.
- Pinch together perforations that are diagonal so you have 2 pieces of crescent sheets with one vertical perforation down the middle dividing the 2 pieces.
- If cheese is one large round piece and you want it to be soft and ooze out when done, slice the rind off of the outer edges of the circle (leave top and bottom on) and cut in half. If you want it to stay in tact so you can slice pieces out and it doesn't ooze out, keep as 1 solid round piece.
- Place brie in center of one side/piece. Pour apples on top of brie piece, followed by brown sugar, and then drizzle honey on top of everything.
- Pull the 2nd half of crescent sheet apart and place it on top, then fold in the sides, roll them in and pinch all the way around so it looks like a present with all holes pinched together.
- Place "package" inside a 7" springform pan, spray top with olive oil.
- Place pan into your air fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 8 minutes so it is golden brown on top and insides are warm.
- Remove pan, place on cutting board and undo clasp on side, remove outer ring. Use a spatula to move baked brie from pan on to a plate.
- Slice and eat, or put on crackers and serve. If cheese isn't gooey enough, or it sits and you want it to be runny again you can put plate into the microwave for 30 seconds to warm again.