Frozen sausage in air fryer comes out tender and delicious! NO need to wait until they defrost, air fryer sausage is easy to make whether they’re thawed or rock hard. With a crisp snap on the outside you can cook frozen brats or Italian sausage now in just a few minutes.
We are sharing all the tips we can for us forgetful folks. 😉 Frozen sausage in air fryer is just one of many easy air fryer recipes we have on The Typical Mom blog. Yes I am one of those who seem to forget to defrost all the things before dinnertime arrives but now I can still save the day (and nobody will know). (affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Frozen Sausage
Ok so my husband went to Costco and brought a mound of these home. Don’t even get me started on why it makes me nervous to have him walk into that store……. If you’re a wife you probably know exactly what I’m talking about and I don’t need to say a thing. 😉
I will say this was something we actually do cook often, and was our favorite aidells sausage. I usually buy their apple style but these were pineapple and OMG out of this world delicious. I cooked 4 out of 5 packages regularly but last night I forgot to take them out. SO it was time to figure out how to cook frozen sausage in air fryer.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
How to Cook Frozen Sausage
I experimented with frozen bratwurst a few years ago when writing my Ninja Foodi sausage post but wanted to see if there was a difference in my Air Wave or Cosori dual blaze. There wasn’t much but it always a good idea to do the research so I can share my findings with y’all.
You can certainly enjoy these with breakfast sausage in air fryer in the morning or for dinnertime. Served with side dishes is great but like my Grandpa would do he would always serve it inside a hoagie roll with mustard and some sliced onions. You can add some air fryer onions into the pan at the same time if you toss with olive oil first.
- Package of frozen sausage links, add as many or few as you’d like
- A bit of olive oil spray is handy to have when you flip these babies over halfway thru the cooking time
I always recommend that you preheat your machine for 5 minutes so it cooks evenly the whole time.
How Long to Cook Sausages in Air Fryer
You want to start a bit lower in temperature so the middle can warm at the same rate as the casings. You don’t want it to get too brown before the center is tender, that would be tragic. If defrosted 400 F works well but 380 degrees is best if frozen solid like you see here.
- Start by preheating you air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. Lay as many sausage links or brats, frozen, into your air fryer basket without overlapping them.
- Close and air fry for 10 minutes total (for precooked) – flip halfway (after 5 minutes) and spray top with olive oil when flipped.
- raw links to start with needs 14-16 min.
Since these are precooked you’re pretty safe but if you were cooking raw frozen sausage in air fryer you’d need to increase total time to 14-16 minutes and use a meat thermometer to ensure they’re cooked to a safe 160 degrees internal meat temperature. Raw pork recipes need to be fully cooked before consuming to be safe.
Looking for timing in regards to fresh or frozen sausage patties in the air fryer? We have made those too. Generally you buy those in raw form vs. these that are precooked and you’re just heating them up. Pair these with eggs in the morning or enjoy as a low carb snack mid day too.
A cheap meal that everyone loves, especially if you choose varieties with sweetness like this one. You can jump to recipe below to get going. Let us know what you think, I bet this will be a game changer for y’all too. Want to add more than just this protein to the mix? I have a few ideas for that below too.
If you want to combine two things like we did here (actually 3 if you count the onions) you would follow our air fryer red potatoes recipe. Then slice links and add those in 4 minutes before the end of the cook time.
Alternatively to make air fryer sausage and peppers you can cook them together. Follow timing on our air fryer peppers dish and add slices to that, same timing applies.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Frozen Sausage in Air Fryer
- 2-6 sausage or brats, links, frozen
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. Lay as many sausage links or brats that are frozen into your basket without overlapping them.
- Close basket and cook for 10 minutes total (if precooked, raw links need 14-16 min. total), flip all of them over after 5 minutes and spray top with olive oil when flipped.