Air fryer pancakes are fun to make and quite handy if you only want to make one or two. Fluffy and tasty breakfast everyone loves.
Have you ever thought of making air fryer pancakes? Well you totally can! Using a springform pan and your favorite mix, it’s a great small batch breakfast idea. Easy air fryer recipe style. 😉 (affiliate links present)
Yes we like adding things like sliced bananas and/or chocolate chips to ours too. Feel free to add some of those too.
If you’re the only one in the house, or the only one who wants something to eat in the morning this is great.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
Pancakes in Air Fryer
There are many pancake mixes out there at the store or online. I don’t really have a preference myself but this one seems to get pretty fluffy.
- One thing you must remember is to check the expiration date on your bag or box.
- If it is expired it will probably not rise and be quite flat. Just buy new if you’ve had it around a while.
Here’s what we used:
- 1 c. Pancake mix, this makes it really easy so no baking soda or powder are needed
- 3/4 c. water or milk
- We threw in some mini chocolate chips too
- Non stick spray
- 7.5″ springform pan
You could use our homemade waffles recipe for batter as an alternative.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you should measure properly by spooning it into the measuring cup vs. scooping out.
If you scoop you’ll likely have too much powdery mix and not enough liquid. That will lead to dense flatter cakes.
Make sure your mix is not expired. Baking powder needs to be fresh in order for them to rise properly. Also, make sure the ratio of milk or water to mix is adequate.
It’s kinda’ obvious that milk will crate a more flavorful, moist and tender results.
They definitely have more protein in them which does alter the taste quite a bit. There’s more of a strong wheat type of flavor but works well for our Instant Pot pancakes recipe.
Then you’ll need a pan that will fit inside your air fryer basket. Most will hold a 7″ springform including my Foodi and Cosori.
Here are some quick step by step directions. I also have a printable card at the bottom of this post that will help too.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes. In a bowl mix together dry pancake mix and water until smooth. Can add mini chocolate chips at this time if you desire.
- Lightly spray a 7.5″ springform pan and pour pancake batter inside.
- Place pan inside air fryer basket and close drawer. Cook at 370 degrees F for 6-7 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Then it is fully cooked.
- Unclip side of pan and slide outer rim off. Use spatula to remove pancake from bottom pan piece. Serve your light and fluffy cakes with syrup.
Mixes will vary slightly as far as cook times go. If you use a slightly smaller pan it will take longer too since the batter will be thicker. Just use a toothpick to ensure it is not wet in the center before taking out.
What can you eat with pancakes instead of syrup?
The possibilities are really endless. I mean some people just like melted butter on the top with some homemade jam.
- Honey is another option
- Fresh berries or bananas are great especially during the summertime
- You could opt for sundae toppings like chocolate and/or caramel
- Make smaller ones and put eggs and air fryer bacon inside like a sandwich
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Pancakes
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together dry pancake mix and water until smooth. Can add mini chocolate chips at this time if you desire.
- Lightly spray a 7.5" springform pan and pour batter inside.
- Place pan inside air fryer basket and close drawer.
- Cook at 370 degrees F for 6-7 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Unclip side of pan and slide outer rim off. Use spatula to remove pancake from bottom pan piece and serve.