Air fryer muffins are such a great breakfast or dessert. Use boxed or use our homemade blueberry muffin recipe. Baked to perfection.
Ready to make some blueberry air fryer muffins this weekend? Really you can make any type you like once you know the temperature and cook time necessary. Best easy air fryer recipe for breakfast ever. (affiliate links present)
We make some of the best muffin recipes ever here on The Typical Mom blog. Why? Because they’re a quick grab and go meal when you’re busy.
- This is probably one of our favorite air fryer breakfast recipes ever.
- Ok we love the banana bread recipe in that post too.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
It doesn’t matter what brand machine you have, they’re all basically the same. The biggest difference is the size of the air fryer basket. I love my Foodi and this one above with a square basket.
Even some convection ovens have an air fry function. They’re more and more common nowadays. If yours has shelves you could use a very small muffin pan inside.
Absolutely, yes. We have made air fryer cake before which is so yummy. In this post we will show you how to make air fryer muffins for breakfast or a quick snack.
You can but it is MUCH easier to use silicone cups instead. Paper will droop once you add the batter and not stay firm to get that muffin shape. You can also use ramekins or any other ovenproof dish.
I suppose you could in a deep fryer, but why would you want to. The batter would absorb a lot of oil leaving an after taste. BUT making muffins in an air fryer are absolutely delicious!
Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
You really could use any type of berry, or chocolate chips instead. Our huckleberry muffins are just as amazing.
Muffins in Air Fryer
Like I said at the beginning, you can use boxed blueberry muffin mix here if you want to speed things up. Below are the muffin ingredients we used to make them homemade.
You can use this easy muffin recipe to make any variety you’d like, it’s a great basic batter. It uses all purpose flour, if that is all you have then use it instead.
- Self rising flour
- Fresh blueberries should be folded in at the end
- Silicone muffin cups
The colorful muffin cups you see here are very versatile and really the best way to bake in an air fryer. Paper baking cups will flatten with the weight of the batter = no good.
As with any other baked good you’ll need to have 2 bowls to whisk the dry ingredients, wet ingredients and then combine the two. It’s quick and easy to do in about 5 minutes.
- Including cook time you can have these done in about 15 minutes, much faster than using an oven.
- You can jump to recipe below and print it too if you’d like. Keep it handy for other mornings, or just come back and “see us”.
Time needed: 13 minutes.
Air Fryer Muffins
In a bowl whisk together wet ingredients; melted butter, milk, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Then incorporate flour and cinnamon. Once mixture is blended, gently fold in berries.
Then preheat air fryer to 340 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Place silicone muffin cups into basket, fill each one 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in center.
This is what they should look like when they’re done!! Once they’re lightly browned on top they should be perfect. You don’t want to over-bake them so the inside is dry. When the toothpick inserted is MOSTLY clean it’s done.
Refer to the easy recipe instructions below. If you want to try other air fryer muffin recipes, these are a few favorites:
- Our pumpkin zucchini muffins are out of this world.
- Make easy banana bread muffins some time.
- Banana zucchini muffins are great especially during the summertime when your vegetable garden is going crazy with squash.
If you want to add some protein to your morning meal, pair these with an air fryer quiche.
I haven’t tried this with frozen fruit that has been defrosted. If that is all you can find I am sure it is better than nothing. The only issue I see is that they’ll emit liquid when thawing out. You’ll need to drain this before adding in.
Because of this they won’t be quite as moist either. The juices from the blueberries doesn’t really stay in well when they’re frozen. There’s my 2 cents on that anyway….take it for what it’s worth. 😉
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Nutritional information is also included below. Accurate if you use exactly what is listed in the recipe card and don’t stray from it.
Air Fryer Muffins
- In a bowl whisk together wet ingredients, then incorporate flour and cinnamon. Once mixture is blended, gently fold in berries. * If using boxed, follow directions on box for ingredients needed in mix.
- Preheat air fryer to 340 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Place silicone muffin cups into basket, fill each one 3/4 of the way full.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in center.