Easy banana bread muffins with only 4 ingredients necessary! If you’ve never made cake mix banana muffins before you’re in for a real treat for breakfast.
These easy banana bread muffins are made just about every time we have brown naners! You don’t want those to go to waste as there are great overripe banana recipes out there to make. Let us know what you think!
4 ingredients is all you need for cake mix banana muffins, seriously!
These are truly the best banana muffins for kids because they can help you prepare them! It’s great when you can incorporate your children into the baking process.
They offer a ton of potassium, which helps you maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, they’re a great snack to eat regularly.
Well, I would say these are semi-homemade right?? You don’t need half a million things, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. All of that is included into the cake mix!
Well this ingredient is important in making them rise. Yes these have it, but it’s included in your bag of mix so you don’t need a box at home.
I love making these for breakfast because I can change up the flavor easily, and add chocolate chips too if I want. Whether you’re making individual muffins or 4 ingredient banana bread, it’s the best.
As you see in my loaf recipe, I used a spice cake mix with that. It was fabulous but I do like to change things up. This time I chose this carrot cake mix and my husband said it was his favorite.
Some say their favorite choice to use for this easy muffin recipes is moist yellow cake mix. Mess around with it when it’s time and see what you prefer. 😉
Easy banana muffins
- Cake mix of your choice
- 15.25 size box
- this is the carrot cake one we used
- Vegetable oil
- 5 mashed bananas
- As brown as possible is best
- Paper muffin cups and muffin pan – mini muffin muffin tin would work too, just adjust to less time
- Optional add ins: 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts
- Small and large bowl
This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes, but we have many others as well to mix things up.
Easy banana bread recipe
First, mash your ripe bananas in a bowl but leave it kinda’ chunky (my preference). The darker they are the more banana flavor and sweeter your banana muffin recipe will be.
- In another bowl add your dry ingredient which is the cake mix, with your wet ingredients which are oil and eggs.
- Then incorporate your mashed bananas just enough where the powder is gone, do not over mix.
Preheat your oven to 350 and begin filling your muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Yes you could wipe each up with some melted butter or use non stick spray but muffin cups are the way to go.
Note: these won’t rise as much as if you were baking cupcakes because the bananas are rather heavy. You can see what they look like below. Believe me your family will love them!!
- In just 30 minutes flat, start to finish, you too can have some of the most amazing cake mix muffins ever.
NO need for flour, baking soda, and all of the other ingredients you need to make traditional muffins. This one is just throw it together simple on a busy morning.
Serve warm or at room temperature as is or with a little butter on the side and enjoy!
Are banana muffins bad for you? I mean everything should be eaten in moderation. There is fat and sugar in them, more or less depending on which recipe you’re using.
Just because there’s fruit in it doesn’t mean they’re healthy.
Can banana muffins be frozen?
Many times I will make a double batch of these and save the rest for another morning. Just remember to cool muffins completely before wrapping and freezing them.
- To freeze them, wrap in foil or a freezer wrap, or freezer bags which is my preference.
- Can I freeze muffins in Tupperware? I wouldn’t because they’re not airtight and will get freezer burn easier.
- Label all packages with the name of the recipe and the date. These can be stored frozen for up to 3 months so there’s no hurry.
Looking for other banana recipes? Try our easy banana bread pudding that’s incredible.
Did you know you can make Instant Pot banana bread too?? You can and it comes out so moist and wonderful. Essentially you’re steaming it so it is a bit dense, but like a cake almost.
- Then try our chocolate banana cookies with oats for a snack.
- Banana zucchini muffins or huckleberry muffins are incredible.
- Our banana pudding cake is amazingly moist and wonderful.
- Last but not least, our pumpkin banana bread is very popular.
Easy Banana Bread Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas in 1 bowl, not too much so they're liquid I like leaving it a bit chunky.
- In another bowl mix cake mix, oil and eggs.
- Add bananas and gently mix just until incorporated, do not over-mix.
- If you want to add nuts and/or chocolate chips fold them in now.
- Spoon into muffin liners, 3/4 of the way full and bake for 18 minutes or until they spring back when touched in the center. Do NOT overbake.
- Remove and use a spoon to scoop muffins out of pan and on to a cooling rack, leaving them in the pan will overbake them and dry them out more.