Here are lots of great overripe banana recipes, 26 of them! A great way to use brown bananas and make something delicious with them. Here are our favorites.
We go thru a lot of fruit in our house but inevitably we need overripe banana recipes so they don’t go to waste. I just can’t bear to throw them out! (originally published 9/17, affiliate links present)
Using frozen bananas thawed out, or ripe bananas in some you’ll love them. Baking banana nut bread or any of these other breakfast recipe ideas just makes my mouth water.
- Banana bread pudding is so good.
- The best banana pudding cake you will ever make!
- These sour cream blueberry banana muffins are great
We just made chocolate banana oatmeal cookies with oats recently and you can see how they turned out here.
- Banana pineapple bread is great
- Pressure cooker banana bread is great if you have an Instant Pot or Crock Pot Express.
- This pumpkin banana bread recipe is amazing.
You can make air fryer banana bread now too. If you have never baked in this hot air machine, stuff comes out surprisingly well. Using your oven I would try pumpkin banana muffins with your brown nanners.
- Try this banana pudding cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch!
- Sprinkle some fun has some fun banana pudding poppers you can make.
- Homemade ginger banana bread is great during the holidays.
- Some easy pudding cake recipes use bananas
- Use your overripe bananas and make this banana blueberry smoothie from My Mommy Style.
- Here’s a peanut butter and banana smoothie too from Like Mother Like Daughter that looks amazing.
- They also have a cinnamon sugar crusted banana bread that I have to try next.
- Who Needs a Cape has a great recipe for whole wheat chocolate banana muffins!
- They also have one for sour cream chocolate chocolate chip banana bread.
- Try our quick 4 ingredient banana bread recipe
- OOhhhhh here’s greek yogurt strawberry banana bread that sounds delish from Domestic Superhero!
- For breakfast try this recipe for banana bread french toast from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.
We make coconut banana bread drizzled with cream cheese frosting and it’s so yummy!
If you love fresh baked goods these are awesome. You can even substitute a bit of pineapple juice instead of a bit of the liquid to give it more of a tropical flavor overall.
It creates a really moist cake / bread using coconut milk!
- She also has a great flourless banana pancakes recipe too.
- Life Currents has a bourbon banana walnut bread recipe…..uh yum!
Have you heard of banana bread hummus….well Make The Best of Everything will show you how to make it.
- Cupcake Diaries has a recipe for pumpkin banana cake, love adding pumpkin to things!
- Did you know you can make Instant Pot banana bread too
- Look at these banana cream pie cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread.
- They also have a buttermilk banana cake you can try.
If you love zucchini too, try our chocolate banana muffins that are oh so moist!
- She also has a recipe for banana coffee cake!
- Sugar & Soul has a banana cake recipe of their own here too.
You really can’t go wrong with any of these overripe banana recipes!!
Don’t let those sweet fruits go to waste because man they make the most delicious cakes, breads, smoothies and more if you just have a little bit of time to bake.
Even if you don’t have a lot of time and doctor up a cake mix with your overripe bananas like in my banana pudding cake, it brings such a wonderful sweetness and taste to it that you just cannot replicate.