Sour Cream blueberry banana muffins are so moist and a great way to use overripe bananas! Easy to mix together they’re perfect for breakfast or brunch.
I must say these easy sour cream blueberry banana muffins may surpass that recipe!! They are so amazing! What I mean is they are packed full of blueberries which I love and are the best muffins I have ever made or eaten before. (originally published 5/17)
Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
Ok so I don’t bake a lot of things from scratch other than my favorite coconut banana bread. I usually just throw together my 4 ingredient banana bread using cake mix and done. BUT sometimes I go all out.
- If you are having a brunch or want a tasty breakfast muffin these are fantastic.
Muffins with Sour Cream
I made the whole batch and usually we have half of them to pack up for the next day but this time we snacked on them all day into dessert and the whole batch was gone by night time!
If you have a few overripe bananas don’t throw them away! Make these sour cream blueberry banana muffins. OR for an even simpler version you can use a boxed mix and try our Bisquick banana bread recipe for this batter too.
Let us know what you think or what else you’ve baked with sour cream that turned out amazing!
Blueberry banana muffins
- Sour cream
- Baking soda
- Bananas – as brown as possible
- Muffin tin
They may not be puffy and tall like other muffins but that is because of the “secret” sour cream ingredient that makes them just like butter in your mouth…meaning oh so moist.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Looking for the best blueberry recipes or more brunch recipes?
- Breakfast bundt cake is great
- This is how to make pancake mix muffins, or healthier blueberry bran muffins
- The best banana pudding cake
- Overripe banana recipes
Then try our chocolate banana muffins that have zucchini in them to stay moist too.
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Mix on low your sugar, eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla, butter, sour cream, and almond extract.
- Mix in another bowl your flour and baking soda with a spoon.
- Gradually add your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients.
- Fold in your blueberries.
- Use muffin papers or spray muffin pan with non stick spray and scoop 1/4 c. of muffin mixture into each muffin hole.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes, and or about 29 minutes for mini loaf pans (great for gifting).