Stuffed green peppers recipe made with a few ingredients. Inexpensive to make and pretty healthy too. Love this recipe for dinner and my kids do too.
Let me share my easy and quick stuffed green peppers recipe with you! I am all about EASY, pretty healthy, quick, and inexpensive meals. My kids even love this, and aren’t super keen on peppers. (originally published 3/16, affiliate links present)
You can use other colors of peppers too, it’s up to you. 😉 For an easy and healthy recipe here I go with this one.
There really are very few ingredients to this one, which I love, and you can alter it according to your own taste along the way or every time you make it just adjust here and there.
We make these quite often so we have adjusted it to the point where it is perfect for us and this is the green peppers recipe I will share with you.
The first step to this stuffed green peppers recipe to start cooking your cup of rice in your rice cooker (or however you cook your rice, I use this one and have for over 10 years, then on to the peppers.
First thing first you cut the tops off, remove seeds, and blanch them.
This is how to blanch bell peppers easily. I know….when I first made this years ago I was like “what????”
It really is easy and it takes that bitterness out of the peppers and makes them softer as well. Just boil a pot of water, and when it boils submerge the peppers inside for about 10 min. or so.
I just do it as long as it takes me to finish making the ground beef.
While the rice and peppers are blanching, cook the ground beef and put some dehydrated onion, or diced onion, in as well as some Lawry’s or regular salt to taste.
I add mushrooms at this stage and cook all of it together browning them as well.
Cook until it is not pink anymore and put in a large bowl. Shred your cheese and set aside in a separate bowl.
Once your rice is cooked you are ready to fill! I use a large muffin pan because the green peppers fit exactly into the holes and won’t fall over when cooking. 😉
Add your rice, ground beef, and can of tomato sauce into your large bowl and stir together.
Scoop mixture into each green pepper to about the middle, top with cheese, then put another scoop on top of that and top with cheese at the top.
There is usually more mixture left than will fill 4 peppers so I fill the last 2 holes of my muffin pan with the mixture, top with cheese and it is a good meal for the next day.
Now just pop the whole pan into the oven at 350 degrees for maybe 15-20 minutes just to melt the cheese and you are ready to eat!! Here is the entire recipe to refer to now and later.
Stuffed green peppers recipe
- Cooked Rice
- Browned ground beef
- Tomato sauce – could use spaghetti sauce
- Mushrooms – optional
- If you love these you should try our air fryer breakfast stuffed peppers too!
- Want to skip blanching all together? Try crockpot stuffed bell peppers here.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
- 6 Green peppers about 1 per person basically
- 1 cup white rice uncooked measurement, could use brown if desired
- 1/2-3/4 lb ground beef could opt for ground turkey
- 1 cup cheese mozzarella is what we use
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion could use fresh diced
- 1 can tomato sauce or 1 c. spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms optional but a great addition
- Salt to taste
- Blanch peppers (any color) in boiling water.
- Cook your rice while you’re doing that and brown your ground beef. When rice and ground beef are cooked mix them together with your tomato sauce, salt, and cheese.
- Put blanced peppers in a muffin tin so they don’t fall over and fill them with your rice mixture.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for maybe 15-20 minutes just to meld all the flavors together.