The best banana pudding cake you’ll ever make! Loaded with ripe bananas and a touch of cinnamon this easy cake turns out moist and delicious every time.
I totally forgot about this banana pudding cake until I made this easy pumpkin pudding cake recipe and it dawned on me that I hadn’t made this in so long! So long in fact that my little girls had never had it. When I made it again it was even more delicious than I had remembered, and I added a bit of cinnamon this time which was a great addition. I don’t know what it is about pairing pudding and cake mix together but seriously it is incredible and really quite addicting. 😉 Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
Ok so I do cook and bake things from scratch using my overripe bananas like my sour cream blueberry banana muffins that are just amazing, but when I’m in a hurry a doctored up cake mix like this is just as fabulous.
Here is what you will need to make the best banana pudding cake:
- Yellow cake mix
- Banana instant pudding mix
- Cinnamon sugar mixture (I just mix half and half)
- VERY ripe bananas
- 1 – 2 very yellow (firm) bananas
- Vanilla ice cream if you want a little on top
- 9×12″ or so pan
The key to baking this banana pudding cake is to NOT over bake it! I leave it in for 35 minutes which makes it beautiful and puffy when you take it out, and with time it will deflate a little to look like this because it is so moist inside. The edges are semi firm like a “normal cake” to the touch but the center is much softer. It will continue to bake though in the pan as it is cooling so you don’t want to wait until the whole thing is semi firm or else if you allow it to cool it will lose a lot of that moist texture, and some of the bold banana flavor.
- At the end of the day I kid you not it is such a wonderful flavor. Even serving it as is it has a lot of flavor and sweetness and doesn’t really need anything else. Adding a bit of vanilla ice cream on the top though is pretty incredible….and filling so you don’t need a big slice.
I guarantee if you love bananas and bring this to someone’s house they will rave about it too (and they won’t have any idea just how easy it is to make). Here is the printable recipe card to use and share if you’d like.
If you are looking for more easy banana dump cake recipes try one of these
Banana Pudding Cake
- 3 bananas 2 very ripe and 1 yellow
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box instant banana pudding mix
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 c water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar mixture 1/2 of each
- Mash your two very ripe bananas.
- Add in your cake mix, instant banana pudding mix, oil, eggs, 1 tsp of your cinnamon/sugar mixture, and water.
- Use a mixer on low to mix until fairly smooth (there will be lumps from the banana.
- Use a knife and slice your yellow (pretty firm) banana into your cake mixture and gently fold them in with a spoon.
- Spray a 12x9" pan with non stick spray and pour your cake mix inside.
- Smooth out so it is evenly distributed.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, do NOT overcook.
- Take out and put on a cooling rack until completely cool (will continue to cook and solidify in pan while cooling).
- Slice and top with some vanilla ice cream and sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar mixture.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉