Fun angel food cake mix recipes are here! How to use a box of angel food cake in a variety of dessert recipes mixed with fruit and other goodies. From there we have a bunch of other easy boxed cake mix recipes.
We have a bunch of fun and different angel food cake mix recipes here that go way beyond the traditional! If you’ve only mixed what’s inside the box with water there are SO many other angel food cake mix recipes you have got to try. (affiliate links present, originally published 3/19)
What to do with angel food cake mix
I mean you can make it “regular” right with a tube pan and the mix with water. That is in fact incredible and holds lots of memories for me as a child. It was my birthday cake for many years and as is makes my mouth water. You can make other creations out of the dry mix too though. From chocolate angel food cake to pineapple and more, just wait.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Have you made any dessert recipes using angel food cake mix in the past? It is my favorite cake of all time and is so versatile as you will see below. Let us share a few of our favorites! To start with you will need a few boxes of angel food cake mix…duh. 😉
Angel food cake recipes
- Angel food cake in a mug is a fun treat to make if you just want something small, and it’s small on calories too since it’s just a cup full.
- Instant Pot angel food cake is perfect if you’re in love with your pressure cooker like I am.
This pineapple angel food cake recipe is light and fluffy with a bit of tropical flavor to it.
This peach angel food cake recipe only has 2 ingredients and a great throw together dessert. This is probably our favorite angel food cake mix recipe because chocolate is our thang…..
Angel food cake mix hacks
Have you ever made angel food cake mix cookies?? Well you can!! Talk about a great fat free dessert idea right??!!
- Our Strawberry cake in a mug is another yummy treat.
- Strawberry jello angel food cake sounds interesting.
- Raspberry angel food cake.
- Did you know you could make angel food cake cookies too?
- French silk angel food cake for chocolate lovers.
Pumpkin angel food cake is one of my favorites since it is still light but with a hint of my favorite Fall flavor, pumpkin!!
Easy recipes with angel food cake mix
- Lemon angel food cake for those lemon lovers out there.
- This angel food cake roll could have a variety of fruits and flavors added.
- Strawberry angel food lush is a potluck fave.
- Soda angel food cake, many different varieties with this one.
- Angel food cake in a mug is my favorite late night treat.
If you have never made cake in a mug of any kind you can do so in any flavor. Of course we love plain and strawberry was a fun way to twist it up a bit but you can even do chocolate. It is one of my favorite late night treats I can make in under a minute.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Angel Food Cake Mix Recipes
- 1 angel food cake pan
- 1 box angel food cake + water necessary on back of box to make batter
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl use an electric mixer to incorporate necessary water into powdered mix until light, fluffy and incorporated.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in the cocoa powder, sprinkling in a little at a time.
- Pour batter into ungreased tube pan. Move oven rack to bottom and set in the middle.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is not sticky and springs back when gently touched in center.
- Remove and sit pan upside down on a cooling rack or with bottle in the middle until cooled. Run a knife around the pan to remove the sides. Loosen bottom of the pan and middle to remove the whole thing.