2 ingredient cookies made with angel food cake mix are fun! A light dessert with just 5 Weight Watchers Smart Points, you can use any flavors you like.
Have you ever made these 2 ingredient cookies? If you have soda pop and this cake mix you can make an endless variety of desserts in no time. Let us know which combination you try!
Angel Food Cookies
SO this came about after I mistakingly ordered 3 boxes of angel food cake mix twice. Needless to say we needed to do a little experimenting.
- We made this 2 ingredient cake once and thought that might work with this.
- BUT thought we’d try cookies instead!
- Using some pineapple soda we had, they turned out really good, so we thought we’d share with you.
Sweet for sure. Soft and chewy they were, and had a hint of fruit flavor at the end. There really are a lot of angel food cake mix recipes, beyond just the fluffy cake you had as a kid.
Literally all you do is mix the two together gently, just so the dry mix is incorporated, and dollop it on. I like using a non stick baking sheet of course because it makes clean up easier.
They are a bit tacky, just like when you make the cake so if it isn’t just spray it with a bit of olive oil spray.
2 ingredient cookies
- Angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup Soda
- any flavor will work
- strawberry, pineapple or grape are fun
- Baking sheet
- non stick, or use parchment paper
If you love super easy cookie recipes so you can cook with your kids, these are perfect for that.
I have found other 2 ingredient cookie recipes using quick oats or old fashioned oats. I personally prefer to bake those really. To me the texture is just too much if not softened in the oven with overripe bananas or peanut butter or something.
We did also make these dark chocolate banana and oat cookies that were great. If you have ripe bananas I would suggest that one.
- As far as making something without brown sugar, and just 2 pantry ingredients, these were great.
- You can throw them together in about 15 minutes and enjoy a treat together.
- Another plus is that this mix is gluten free and flexible with the flavor of soda pop you use.
Want to make a smaller batch? Try our strawberry cake in a mug that only needs 2 ingredients too.
Looking for other easy desserts you’ll enjoy this time of year?
- Our 4 ingredient banana bread is always a family favorite.
- feel free to add a handful of mini chocolate chips to this also to make it really over the top YUM
- Have more mashed bananas? Make our banana zucchini muffins too.
- This cherry pineapple dump cake is a throw together after dinner treat too.
Once you’ve fallen in love with this, you’ll have to try our pineapple angel food cake too!! With just 2 ingredients (not the same as this one) it is incredibly moist.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1/2 c soda we used pineapple soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a hand mixer to blend soda with angel food cake mix.
- Spray non stick spray on a cookie sheet and put a heaping tablespoon of cookie mix on sheet. It will spread out quite a bit so don’t put them close together.
- Bake for approx. 9 minutes or until tops get very lightly golden brown. Remove and allow to cool on cookie sheet to firm up a bit.