Have you tried this 2 ingredient pineapple angel food cake recipe yet? It’s a simple throw together dessert that’s great when people come over unexpectedly.
I totally forgot about this easy pineapple angel food cake recipe until my daughter and I were throwing out dump cake recipe ideas! For one thing I love dessert, I love easy, and always have to have a treat on hand when someone comes over unannounced! Let us know what you think. (originally published 9/18, affiliate links present)
Weight Watchers pineapple cake
- This is what some people call this anyway. Let us know what you think of our cake mix and pineapple recipe!
You literally just TWO ingredients to make this angel food cake mix and crushed pineapple recipe. I guess because there are very few points to it. 😉 You can find more Weight Watcher recipes here too.
Well that would be pineapple and angel food cake….duhhhhh…..beyond that it doesn’t get much more difficult. 😉
Of course you can use any brands you wish but I typically buy what is on sale, period!
- There’s no draining or cumbersome mixers required, just what you see here. I prefer a spatula over a spoon on this one because you need to be somewhat gentle with angel food cake mix. Let’s just dirty one utensil shall we.
These are the basic steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine cake mix and can of crushed pineapple
- Gently mix until all powder is combined well, do not overmix
- Pour into 9 by 13 pan that’s been lightly sprayed with non stick spray
- When oven is up to temp. bake for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown on top as seen
- Allow to cool completely in pan before slicing
Can you use a 9×13 pan for angel food cake?
- I don’t unless I am making this.
- There is no rule that says you must bake an angel food cake in a tube pan.
- It can be made in a 9 X 13!
- In a tube pan however it how it gets its height. It sticks to the sides and crawls up the pan.
You cool this version upside down. If using a 9 by 13 you don’t invert the pan.
I’m assuming you’d made a traditional angel food cake before right??!!
I will admit I’ve never made one from scratch because well if I can buy it for under $3 in the store and it tastes fantastic without a lot of work on my part then ummmmm that is what I am going to do.
- However….I will say this is my all time FAVORITE cake even as simple as it is mixed with water.
Growing up this was my pick each year my grandmother asked me what kind of cake I wanted for my family birthday dinner celebration. 😉
Of course she/and I always used the special pan to make it but this pineapple angel food cake recipe just needs your 13×9 pan you have right there in your cupboard.
know it’s there……I prefer glass.
Don’t forget to spray the inside with non stick spray because it will stick a bit, and let it cool when it comes out but once that is done it’s light and fluffy like you remember but a bit more dense and filled with that yummy pineapple flavor!
- I think next time I am going to have it cool, swipe a bit tub of whipped topping across the top and sprinkle it with coconut!!
Sometimes this is called the weight watchers pineapple cake because it’s so low in calories but a great treat nontheless. 😉
Pineapple angel food cake
This is all you need:
- Large bowl
- box of angel food cake mix
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 13×9 pan is used vs. a traditional tube pan
Chocolate angel food cake is similar to this but with just 3 ingredients
- Dump peach cobbler
- We have a peach angel food cake too!
- Instant Pot angel food cake should be tried in your pressure cooker
- Angel food cake in a mug is great for one
Angel Food Cake with Pineapple
Time needed: 33 minutes.
Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Dump angel food cake mix and canned crushed pineapple together. Gently stir until all powdered mix is mixed in well. Do not overmix. If your box has a separate package of egg whites, add all in together.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees at this time.
Lightly spray a 13×9 pan with non stick spray and pour this batter in, smooth out on top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and middle is firming up when touched.
Remove from oven and allow this to cool in the pan on cooling rack. Cut and serve with berries and/or whipped topping.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Here’s the printable recipe. Percent daily nutritional information below.
Daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet and are calculated by recipe card, not myself.
Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 20 oz crushed pineapple with juice, whole can
- Dump angel food cake mix and crushed pineapple together. Very gently stir just until all powdered mix is mixed in well. Do NOT over-mix. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13×9 pan with non stick spray and pour this batter in, smooth out on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and middle is firming up when touched.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack, cut and serve with berries is good.