Easy Angel Food Cake in a Mug recipe that takes just 1 minute and it’s done to perfection! Perfect fat free dessert for one in a mug that’s a guilt free treat.
This angel food cake in a mug is just the perfect treat. Of course you can make the whole box but we are taking a ME moment. This is how to make a cake all to yourself. Sponsored by Kroger and StyleWatch. It’s one of our favorite mug cake recipes. (originally published 3/17, affiliate links present)
- Ok….so I’m a mom and most activities, thoughts, and purchases usually focus on my 3 girls.
- BUT I deserve some ME time!! Let’s just say we all do. 😉
There are a lot of things I enjoy doing but when I have just a few minutes to myself I love making myself something sweet and enjoying a few of my favorite magazines. I can see you nodding your head with me now….right??!!
How can you make Angel Food Cake in a Mug in just 1 minute?? I’ve got you covered!
I think as moms we all need to take a bit of time out for ourselves. I know for me it gives me time to clear my head, relax, and become a bit more creative.
At times like this I get the best ideas of places I’d like to go on our next family vacation, recipes I’d like to try (like this one), and just clear my head for the next day to start. Here’s how you make this easy mug dessert so you can enjoy it on your free time too.
How to make Angel Food Cake in a Mug
- Add 3 tbsp. angel food cake mix into a large coffee mug
- Then add 2 tablespoons of water
- Stir well until combined, will froth up a bit
- After adding water 1 minute in the microwave on high
- Can top with whipped cream, hot fudge, ice cream
- Enjoy your single serving
It’s the perfect fat free dessert for one and you don’t have to feel guilty because it’s only a few bites!
- The time I have to actually sit down and read is so sporadic that I would rather have a magazine I can flip through, read a few articles, and save the rest until I have time to dig in again. These are perfect for that!
If you’ve never flipped thru this magazine it has really cute ideas of what shoes go with what, ways to transition a casual outfit to a more formal one easily, & easy ways to take care of yourself.
I personally like the tips on must haves when you’re on a budget, 161 in this issue…..so you don’t feel guilty “spoiling” yourself. 😉
Yes I do share. Since I have 3 girls they love flipping thru the pages too (especially my 16 year old). It goes thru 4 hands before landing on our coffee table for others to enjoy.
I’ve taught them the mug angel food cake trick too so they can make a treat themselves occasionally. With just water and cake mix in a microwave safe mug, almost any age can do this one. It’s a win win for everyone. 😉
- If you love chocolate, try our chocolate mug cake using this same idea but with chocolate cake mixes, or dark chocolate style.
- The possibilities are endless once you understand the ratios of water to mix.
Our peach angel food cake is very popular with everyone.
- If you have a pressure cooker you can make an Instant Pot angel food cake in it.
- Pineapple angel food cake has only 2 ingredients!
- Then try this dump peach cobbler
You can make other flavors too like strawberry mug cake. This uses 2 cake mixes and water. To make things easier you can premix them both and add a few tablespoons of mix into ziploc bags. Then just dump in, add water and go!
Time needed: 1 minute.
Angel Food Cake in a Mug
- Combine ingredients
Add 3 tbsp of angel food cake mix into a large mug. Stir in 2 tbsp. of water and stir until combined. It will froth up a bit, do not overmix.
Microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy as is or with a dollop of whipped topping on the top.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Angel Food Cake in a Mug
- 3 tbsp angel food cake mix
- 2 tbsp water
- Add 3 tbsp of angel food cake mix into a large mug
- Add 2 tbsp. water. Stir well until combined, will froth up a bit
- Microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy