Caramel chocolate mug cake recipe only takes 50 seconds to cook in your microwave. Just three ingredients to make the cake and when you press a caramel inside it’s the perfect treat made just for one person. I make these at night when I have a sweet tooth!
I’ve created a lot of mug recipes on The Typical Mom because well…..they’re so good and easy to do! When you just want a dessert for one in one minute they come in really handy and satisfy my sweet tooth without going overboard. My most popular chocolate chip cookie in a mug recipe was SO popular that I try to come up with more single serving desserts each week and this is my latest! The most amazing caramel chocolate mug cake recipe here takes just 50 seconds to cook and about 3 minutes to put together, that’s a huge and yummy win! Here’s how you make it. (originally published 3/17)
I know…you want one right now!! You only need 4 ingredients to make this chocolate mug cake recipe
- If you don’t know how to make a cake in a mug it is really quite easy and you can use any flavor you like. Of course we used chocolate here but we’ve used this same concept and made a strawberry cake in a mug too which my kids loved!
For an easy mug cake recipe you just need:
- 1 box of angel food cake
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- Mix these together and save in a plastic container
- or just make one at a time with 1.5 tbsp of each + 2 tbsp water
The Most Amazing Caramel Chocolate Mug Cake
- Scoop 3 tbsp. of your angel food/chocolate cake mix into a mug
- Add 2 tbsp. of water
- Push 3 Rolo candies into the center of your chocolate cake mix (1 put 2 on the bottom and rest the 3rd on top of those)
- Put in microwave for 50 seconds
- Enjoy this chocolate mug cake recipe!
Want peanut butter and chocolate? Try our brownie in a mug.
It isn’t as low calorie but boy we loved this recipe! Just microwave on high for a minute and you can even add mini chocolate chips inside too with vanilla ice cream on top. NO, don’t count the calories but it should be tried at least once in our mug cake creations.
- Wondering whether the cook times remain the same with this recipe below combining angel food cake and cake mix? Yep it doesn’t matter what flavor you use with your angel food ingredient. You can use vanilla cake vs. chocolate cake mix into your dry ingredients with your water. One minute is all it takes.
- NO baking powder or vegetable oil required, just water!
The toppings are endless but a dollop of whipped cream is always a winner.
Want to try another one?
Try our angel food cake in a mug too.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 1.5 tbsp cake mix we used chocolate, any flavor works
- 1.5 tbsp angel food cake mix
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 rolo chocolates if you want to add caramel
- I mix a whole box of chocolate cake mix and angel food cake mix together and put it in a tupperware container and scoop 3 tbsp from there but you can scoop 1.5 tbsp of each and mix together in your mug.
- Add your water and stir well.
- Push caramels in the middle of your cake mixture.
- Put in the microwave for 50 seconds and enjoy!