The most amazing caramel chocolate mug cake recipe you will ever try that only takes 50 seconds to cook in your microwave. Just three ingredients to make the cake and when you press a caramel inside it’s the perfect treat made just for one person. I make these at night when I have a sweet tooth!
I’ve created a lot of mug recipes on The Typical Mom because well…..they’re so good and easy to do! When you just want a dessert for one in one minute they come in really handy and satisfy my sweet tooth without going overboard. My most popular chocolate chip cookie in a mug recipe was SO popular that I try to come up with more single serving desserts each week and this is my latest! The most amazing caramel chocolate mug cake recipe here takes just 50 seconds to cook and about 3 minutes to put together, that’s a huge and yummy win! Here’s how you make it. (originally published 3/17)
I know…you want one right now!! You only need 4 ingredients to make this. If you don’t know how to make a cake in a mug it is really quite easy and you can use any flavor you like. Of course we used chocolate here but we’ve used this same concept and made a strawberry cake in a mug too which my kids loved!
Once you have that mixed up and ready to use, follow these steps.
The Most Amazing Caramel Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- Scoop 3 tbsp. of your angel food/chocolate cake mix into a mug
- Add 2 tbsp. of water
- Push 3 Rolo candies into the center of your chocolate cake mix (1 put 2 on the bottom and rest the 3rd on top of those)
- Put in microwave for 50 seconds
- Enjoy this chocolate mug cake recipe!
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 1.5 tbsp cake mix we used chocolate, any flavor works
- 1.5 tbsp angel food cake mix
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 rolo chocolates if you want to add caramel
- I mix a whole box of chocolate cake mix and angel food cake mix together and put it in a tupperware container and scoop 3 tbsp from there but you can scoop 1.5 tbsp of each and mix together in your mug.
- Add your water and stir well.
- Push caramels in the middle of your cake mixture.
- Put in the microwave for 50 seconds and enjoy!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉