This blueberry muffin in a mug recipe is so good and a great way to make breakfast in the microwave in 2 minutes. A single serving treat you don’t have to share!
Have you ever made a blueberry muffin in a mug? It’s such a fun breakfast or snack that just takes two minutes to cook in your microwave. Fluffy and just like when you bake them in the oven, you’ve got to try our latest mug cake recipe and let us know what you think! We love this recipe.
- My youngest daughter came up with this idea so we got to experimenting. It took a few trial and errors until this blueberry in a mug recipe was born.
A perfect little treat she can make all by herself
If you’ve never made a mug muffin it’s really quite simple. Just mix the dry ingredients together in your mug, add your wet ingredients, mix the batter and then stir in blueberries. Microwave on high for a 2 minute cooking time to finish your blueberry mug cake.
I haven’t used frozen blueberries but I suppose you could. I would defrost them first though.
This is what you need to make a muffin in a mug:
- A large microwave safe mug – or else it will overflow
- All purpose flour
- make sure you know how to measure flour properly or it will be dense
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Milk – 2% or whole is best or it will be a bit dry, almond milk could be used too
- Fresh blueberries are best
We made a brownie in a mug years ago and soon learned with that that you need a large mug. We had a mess the first time when we didn’t. I linked to a good one above so you can get the idea and use it for this as well as a few others like our:
- Pizza in a mug recipe
- Our chocolate chip cookie in a mug
- Next we’re going to try banana bread in a mug
- Omelette in a mug is gluten free and low carb
What’s nice about this microwave muffin in a mug is that it is egg free and requires no baking which makes it a great easy rv meal.
Yes, we still bake our favorite zucchini bread, but when we travel it’s nice to have microwave mug meals on hand. Also, when it’s blazing hot outside during the summertime there is NO way I am turning on my oven.
If you’re looking for other easy treats to make, try these:
Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
- In a small dish melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In your mug stir together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder well.
- Pour in your melted butter, milk, and vanilla and stir so you have batter and no powder is left.
- Gently fold in your fresh blueberries.
- Put into the microwave for 2 minutes. Eat immediately for best results!