You’ve got to try this 1 1/2 minute omelette in a mug recipe, it’s amazing!! Perfect scrambled eggs breakfast in a mug recipe full of protein, my kids love it too!
This omelette in a mug is incredible! If you’ve been following me for a while you know I’ve been a bit obsessed with mug recipes! (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
- You can make it simple with just cheese and a pinch of bacon bits, or load it up with your favorite additions like sausage and mushroom like we did here.
- Either way you make this easy breakfast in a mug recipe it’s a winner for any age.
- My kids absolutely love being able to cook a quick treats like this strawberry cake in a mug or chocolate chip cookie in a mug after school.
Egg in a mug
I don’t know about you but my kiddos really need something hearty in the morning that will stick with them until snack time which is mid afternoon. A lot of times a piece of toast or cereal doesn’t really cut it.
- Occasionally they will make a minute cinnamon roll in a mug.
- When I want them (or me) to load up on protein this is a perfect breakfast mug recipe.
You really just whip up 2 eggs, add your ingredients, microwave, add cheese, microwave again, and then enjoy!!
I bought these already cooked sausages at the store so they are in the fridge and they can microwave them beforehand for 15 seconds.
Dice them, add to their mug along side their other favorite items like bacon bits (already cooked and diced in a bag in the fridge too) so everything is handy and it can be cooked really quickly.
Scrambled eggs in a mug
- A lot of times I make this breakfast in a mug recipe for lunch since I work from home and it tides me over until dinner.
Pair it with our pancake in a mug and what a meal!
- If you wanted it simple with just salt and pepper you could opt for that too.
Microwave scrambled eggs in a mug
- Bacon bits or precooked sausage diced
- Cheese – whatever variety you like, shredded
- Mushroom – I like it if I have one
- Mug – on the larger side
Once you’ve enjoyed making our omelette in a mug, try these other easy breakfast recipes
- Crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is great with a can of pie filling
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole is similar to this but serves more than one
- Breakfast bundt cake can be made in the oven and people rave about it!
Then try our pizza in a mug for lunch!!
Omelette in a mug
Time needed: 1 minute.
Eggs in a mug
- Spray mug
Spray non stick spray inside large mug.
- Add ingredients
Whisk eggs in the mug + diced meat and/or peppers.
If only adding 1 added ingredient cook for 40 seconds, 1 minute if several are added.
- Add cheese
Stir contents, sprinkle cheese on top and microwave another 10 – 20 seconds until that melts and enjoy.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Omelette in a Mug
- Spray inside of large mug with non stick spray
- Break eggs into mug and scramble with fork, add all other ingredients desired and stir.
- Put in microwave for 40 seconds if just adding just 1 ingredient beyond eggs, or 1 minute if adding several ingredients
- Stir mostly cooked omelette after done and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Microwave again for 10-20 seconds to finish cooking and melt cheese (I like my eggs on the dry side so start with 10 sec & check consistency)Enjoy!