You’ve got to try this 1 1/2 minute omelette in a mug recipe, it’s amazing!! Perfect scrambled microwave eggs in a cup breakfast idea full of protein, my kids love it too!
This omelette in a mug is incredible! If you’ve been following me for a while you know I’ve been a bit obsessed with mug recipes! Just one of many microwave recipes on our site. (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
Eggs in a Mug
You can make it simple with just cheese and a pinch of bacon bits, or load it up with your favorite additions like sausage and mushroom like we did here. Either way you make this easy breakfast in a mug recipe it’s a winner for any age.
My kids absolutely love being able to cook a quick treats like this strawberry cake in a mug or chocolate chip cookie in a mug after school. My teens will try all sorts of things and this was one when they were craving something savory one morning. Yay them for sharing!
Microwave Egg in a Cup
I don’t know about you but my kiddos really need something hearty in the morning that will stick with them until snack time which is mid afternoon. A lot of times a piece of toast or cereal doesn’t really cut it. I don’t always have time to make Crockpot scrambled eggs so this one is great.
- Occasionally they will make a minute cinnamon roll in a mug.
- When I want them (or me) to load up on protein this is a perfect breakfast mug recipe.
You really just whip up 2 eggs, add your ingredients, microwave, add cheese, microwave again, and then enjoy!!I bought these already cooked sausages at the store so they are in the fridge and they can microwave them beforehand for 15 seconds.
Microwave Egg Whites
You can separate and just use the whites for less calories and fat, or use the whole thing like we do. Dice them, add to their mug along side their other favorite items like bacon bits (already cooked and diced in a bag in the fridge too) so everything is handy and it can be cooked really quickly.
- A lot of times I make this breakfast in a mug recipe for lunch since I work from home and it tides me over until dinner.
Pair it with our pancake in a mug and what a meal!
- If you wanted it simple with just salt and pepper you could opt for that too.
Can you microwave scrambled eggs
Yep, we are here to show you how!! You always want to lightly spray non stick cooking spray on the inside of your microwave safe mug so you don’t miss out on the food stuck.
- Large coffee mug
- Bacon bits or precooked sausage diced
- Cheddar cheese – whatever variety you like, shredded
- Mushroom – I like it if I have one
- Mug – on the larger side
Once you’ve enjoyed making our microwave omelette, try these other easy breakfast recipes
Scrambled eggs in a mug
- Crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is great with a can of pie filling
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole is similar to this but serves more than one
- Breakfast bundt cake can be made in the oven and people rave about it!
Then try our pizza in a mug for lunch!! OMG it is so good and you can add all the toppings you normally like right on top. Kids love these because they can be personalized and in individual portions.
Omelette in a mug
There is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post to follow but this is a quick step by step so you can see how it’s done.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Eggs in a mug
- Spray mug
Spray mug with cooking spray so your food doesn’t stay, you want all of this goodness.
- Add ingredients
Whisk eggs in the mug + add the diced meat and/or finely diced red bell peppers.
If only adding 1 added ingredient cook on high for 40 seconds, 1 minute if several are added.
- Add cheese
Stir contents, sprinkle cheese on top and microwave on high another 10 – 20 seconds until that melts and enjoy. Cooking times may vary slightly if your machine is a low wattage.
Understand how to cook eggs in the microwave now?? You can eat as is or slide out and in the middle of a toasted english muffin to make a breakfast sandwich out of it! A quick and easy start to the day. It doesn’t really save so just make them fresh when you need a high protein snack.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Microwave Egg in a Cup
- Spray inside of large mug with non stick spray
- Break eggs into mug and scramble with fork, add all other ingredients desired and stir.
- Put in microwave for 40 seconds if just adding just 1 ingredient beyond eggs, or 1 minute if adding several ingredients
- Stir mostly cooked omelette after done and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Microwave again for 10-20 seconds to finish cooking and melt cheese (I like my eggs on the dry side so start with 10 sec & check consistency)Enjoy!