You’ve got to try this 1 1/2 minute omelette in a mug recipe, it’s amazing!! Perfect breakfast in a mug recipe full of protein, my kids love it too!
If you’ve been following me for a while you know I’ve been a bit obsessed with mug recipes! Why…well because they are fun and so easy to do. You can make it simple with just cheese and a pinch of bacon bits, or load it up with your favorite additions like sausage and mushroom like we did here. Either way you make this easy breakfast in a mug recipe it’s a winner for any age. (originally published 2/17)
- My kids absolutely love being able to cook a quick treats like this strawberry cake in a mug or chocolate chip cookie in a mug after school, and this omelette in a mug is really great for busy mornings (we have a lot of those)!
From start to finish you can have a hearty omelette in a mug in about a minute and a half, seriously! I don’t know about you but my kiddos really need something hearty in the morning that will stick with them until snack time which is mid afternoon. A lot of times a piece of toast or cereal doesn’t really cut it.
- Occasionally they will make a minute cinnamon roll in a mug but when I want them (or me) to load up on protein this is a perfect breakfast mug recipe.
You really just whip up 2 eggs, add your ingredients, microwave, add cheese, microwave again, and then enjoy!!
I bought these already cooked sausages at the store so they are in the fridge and they can microwave them beforehand for 15 seconds, dice them, add to their mug along side their other favorite items like bacon bits (already cooked and diced in a bag in the fridge too) so everything is handy and it can be cooked really quickly.
- A lot of times I make this breakfast in a mug recipe for lunch since I work from home and it tides me over until dinner. Here are the step by step directions:
What you need to make an omelette in a mug
- Bacon bits or precooked sausage diced
- Cheese – whatever variety you like, shredded
- Mushroom – I like it if I have one
- Mug – on the larger side
Once you’ve enjoyed making our omelette in a mug, try these other easy breakfast recipes
Then try our pizza in a mug for lunch!!
Here’s the printable instructions:
Omelette in a Mug
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 sausage link pre-cooked, diced
- 1 mushroom sliced
- 1 tbsp bacon bits
- 2 tbsp cheese shredded, sprinkled on top
- Spray inside of large mug with non stick spray
- Break eggs into mug and scramble with fork, add all other ingredients desired and stir.
- Put in microwave for 40 seconds if just adding just 1 ingredient beyond eggs, or 1 minute if adding several ingredients
- Stir mostly cooked omelette after done and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Microwave again for 10-20 seconds to finish cooking and melt cheese (I like my eggs on the dry side so start with 10 sec & check consistency)Enjoy!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉