Crockpot scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese like an omelette but cooked as a slow cooker breakfast dish is great for a crowd during the holidays!
I mean tell me these Crockpot scrambled eggs don’t look delish! Skip standing at the stove to make this favorite Christmas breakfast. Just throw all your favorite ingredients in your pot and let it do all the work. Just one easy Crockpot meal on our site we hope you’ll love. (affiliate links present)
Slow Cooker Scrambled Eggs
Of course you can enjoy these as is right out of the pot but the way we love them is to make air fryer burritos with this wrapped inside! You can choose to make them as simple as just fluffy eggs or add all the things because man if you do this will be a huge hit for everyone at your house.
Whether it is just for your family on the weekend, or you are having a bunch of people over for Christmas brunch this is great. A high protein dish alongside all those pastries on your buffet.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Slow Cooker Omelette
We started with this food simple. Used silicone cups to cook Crockpot eggs either soft boiled or firm and hard. Both were a hit and if you have a few pots you could make them both so guests have a variety of choices. Those too can be topped with eggs or have bell peppers added on to the top.
This too can be tweaked to your liking or what you have in your fridge right now. Need them to be dairy free scrambled eggs in slow cooker? NO problem, I get it because that is a necessity for my husband. You can substitute lactose free or almond milk, and Daya has a cheese that melts quite well too.
We will show you how to do just that all in one pot. Using a slow cooker is a great way to do it all. You can cook and keep warm in the same machine, or saute in a frying pan and transfer into here with the lid on and use the warm setting when done.
These are the ingredients we used on this round and turned out really great.
Crockpot Scrambled Eggs and Sausage
This is a great easy pork recipe to make if you have leftover precooked meat from the morning before. Just throw in whatever is in your fridge on the bottom with ready made and bagged frozen hashbrowns if you like and let it go!
If you haven’t tried shredded potatoes like this they are really so handy to have on hand. Some are plain and others have diced bell peppers inside that offer a bit of heat too. They are super versatile too like adding it into casseroles like this, as well as making things like slow cooker potato soup with frozen hashbrowns.
Crockpot Scrambled Eggs for a Crowd
If you just want slow cooked eggs without the meat and potatoes you can. These are the steps to follow if you just want it plain with a bit of salt and pepper inside like you would in a pan.
- Start by whisking together your eggs in a bowl
- Sprinkle in all of your seasonings
- Add in your shredded cheese if desired and milk (or you could use cream)
- Spray the inside of your 6 – 8 quart slow cooker with non stick spray and pour this egg mixture inside
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours until the eggs are set
- Use a fork to fluff and serve
Then you could offer fun toppings to feed the crowd so they could make their own protein bowl of sorts for the morning hours. You can make other types of eggs in the oven too if you want a whole bunch of choices too.
Easy Crockpot Egg Casserole
If you’re going to go all the way you’re going to use the following ingredients. To make burritos when done you’d want a package of large tortillas too.
- 12 eggs
- Milk or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar and or Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1 lb ground sausage, precooked
- 32 oz hash browns frozen and bagged
- Crock Pot
Then you are going to layer all the things in your pot, cover, allow to cook and stand back and enjoy your day instead of cooking.
- Spray the inside of your pot, set aside your precooked sausage or cook sausage in a skillet and drain.
- In the bottom, place the shredded potatoes. Top with the cooked ground sausage and cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, seasonings, salt, and black pepper until well blended.
Pour over the casserole in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours cooking time or until middle of breakfast casserole is nice and set. Fluff and serve.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos
You can just wrap your hot breakfast inside a wrap and enjoy or if you wanted to crisp the outside like fried but not, follow our air fryer chimichanga timing at the end. A great recipe if you like a bit of crispy texture on the outside.
How to Save Leftover Scrambled Eggs
When this is done I would actually turn it off so it doesn’t continue cooking. Setting to warm will dry it out a bit more. It will continue to stay warm for a good 30 minutes with the lid on. When everyone is done leave the lid off and allow to cool. Saving them doesn’t usually turn out great unless you add them into a scrambled eggs recipe the next day.
On their own will have a kinda’ strange texture but if you fry up some air fryer sausage the next day and then add this in for the last minute you can actually revive it quite nicely.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Crockpot Scrambled Eggs
- ** If you just want eggs without the meat and potatoes, whisk together the eggs, seasonings, cheese and milk (or cream). Spray inside of slow cooker with non stick spray and pour this inside. Cook on low for 5-6 hours until the eggs are set, fluff and serve.
- For a heartier meal spray inside of slow cooker, precook sausage in a skillet and set aside.
- In the bottom, place the shredded hash browns. Top with the cooked ground sausage and cheese. Whisk together the eggs, milk, seasoning salt, and black pepper until well blended. Pour over the casserole in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until set. Fluff and serve.