This easy crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is a hit with everyone, especially during the holidays. Perfect slow cooker breakfast that’s layered with cheese, bacon and hashbrowns that makes for a hearty brunch and is great on Christmas morning too. How else would you load it up?
We love breakfast…sometimes we even have it for dinner! I’ve made this easy crockpot breakfast casserole recipe to bring to potlucks, for brunch, and have cooked it overnight and served it Christmas morning too! It’s simple to do, tastes great, and cooks by itself in your handy dandy slow cooker….love that thing! Hope you try it out and get as many compliments as I’ve received with this yummy egg and hash brown dish. Here’s how you make one of our favorite crockpot recipes. 😉 (originally published 9/15) This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you love breakfast too you will love this hearty and flavorful crockpot meal.
You need all the typical breakfast items like eggs, bacon, cheese and hash browns you would normally cook up but the best thing is it cooks all day by itself (love that). I like things that are EASY, and this recipe is definitely that.
Let me show you how to make this crockpot breakfast casserole recipe
- The first thing you want to do is spray the inside of your crockpot. This will make it much easier to clean when you’re done….you’re welcome. 😉
- Next you want to cook up about 6 strips of bacon until they are crispy but not really really done. You want them to be a bit soft but definitely throughly cooked before putting them in your slow cooker mixture. Don’t drain the grease!
- After the bacon is done you will want to dice up 1/4 of an onion and sauté them in the warm bacon grease for a bit so they are soft as well. Oh I know….your mouth is watering already right??!!
- When the diced onions are done, dice the cooled bacon and shred about 1.5 cups of cheddar cheese. We like sharp but medium would be fine too if you prefer that style.
- Now we will get our eggs ready and start layering. All you need are 10 eggs and 3/4 cup of milk whisked together to make the egg mixture you will use for layering, now you’re ready.
Now think of this as lasagna.
You know how you layer the noodles, cheese, and sauce when you’re making lasagna….well this breakfast casserole recipe is very similar.
- First you will want to put a layer of Simply Potatoes hash browns on the bottom. Why do I use these you ask, well they’re made with all natural ingredients…… and remember…..I like things that are EASY! These are already shredded for me (no cooking required before adding these hash browns in) and I can grab them in the refrigerated dairy section when I’m picking up my eggs and cheese…..easy peasy. 😉
- On top of the layer of hashbrowns put 1/3 of your diced bacon, 1/3 of your shredded cheese, and a spoonful of your onions that have been sautéed.
- At this time add some seasonings to that layer. I like to use some dill, garlic salt, and a bit of pepper.
- Then pour 1/3 of your egg mixture on top and do the same layer again until you’ve filled your crockpot and it looks something like this.
- Put your crockpot on low and cook for approximately 5 hours, longer if you are using a larger slow cooker and making a bigger batch, and I would check at about 4.5 hrs. to see how well done it’s cooking.
If you have a pressure cooker you can make this Instant Pot breakfast casserole version too!
This is what you need and how you make this Crockpot breakfast casserole recipe
- Frozen hashbrowns – we use Simply Potatoes frozen hashbrowns in the frozen section
- Cheese – we like sharp cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Best crockpot breakfast casserole recipe that can cook overnight and be ready in the morning. Perfect slow cooker brunch idea too.
- 10 eggs
- 1 bag hash browns we use frozen Simply Potatoes
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese
- 1/4 onion
- 6 pieces bacon
- To taste:
- garlic salt/powder
Cook the bacon and then add diced onions to the bacon grease and sautee those down.
Shred the cheese and dice the cooked bacon. Whisk together the 10 eggs and 3/4 c. milk. When you layer the ingredients into your crockpot make the first layer your hash browns.
Top that with 1/3 of your bacon, 1/3 of your cheese, a spoon full of onions, seasonings, and 1/3 of your egg mixture.
Layer again this same way until you reach almost the top of your crockpot leaving some room at the very top. Put on low and cook for approximately 5 hours, check at about 4 if you want it to be a bit wetter in consistency.
When you are done just spoon on a plate and enjoy, it’s great with fruit on the side!
This is a really easy overnight crockpot breakfast casserole recipe that you can put together the night before Christmas Day and have it ready when everyone comes downstairs to eat, we love this easy hamburger hashbrown casserole with sour cream too.
I don’t like having to cook that morning because I want to get video and pictures of what the kids are doing, that’s why this recipe is great. If you are going to a potluck brunch this is fantastic too and you’ll be asked for the recipe…..you can share. 😉
If you love this easy crockpot breakfast casserole recipe please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest too for more!