Oh how we love cupcakes, different looking and tasting cupcakes are even more fun to make and eat! When having people over, or heading over to a friend’s house it is fun to bring something unique that nobody has probably tried before, and these Baileys and cream cupcakes are just the answer! They are really easy to make, have a surprise Baileys infused pudding in the middle, and an edible straw on the top so it looks like a yummy drink ready to be devoured! Special thanks goes out to Red Vines for sponsoring this post so we could share our delicious creation with you.
Ok so we make a lot of goodies in our muffin pan. Not just desserts, but dinners too! Any time I can use it to make a new and clever creation I’m all about it, and if you’ve followed me on The Typical Mom for any length of time you know I love creating cute cupcakes….this one is JUST for us adults (we deserve a little indulgence)! I love desserts with a cream or pudding filling, this one has just that with the taste of Baileys infused in it and really from start to finish they can be finished in no time at all, once the cupcakes are made and cooled.
You will only need 2 boxes of instant pudding mix (1 chocolate and 1 vanilla), Baileys, milk, Red Vines (use the large black licorice for straws), and 1 tub of whipped topping to make the filling and the creamy pudding frosting. If you’ve never made pudding frosting it is amazing!! Perfect for these Baileys and cream cupcakes because it really speaks to the cream portion and is different from any other type of frosting you’ve ever tasted before (and super easy to make). Here’s the entire recipe.
Baileys and Cream Cupcakes
Baileys and Cream Cupcakes
- 1 Red Vines licorice
- 1 box cake mix + ingredients to make cake mix into cupcakes
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 box nstant vanilla pudding
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 2 1/2 c milk 2 percent is best
- 1/2 c Baileys
- Make chocolate cupcakes as directed on the box and allow to FULLY cool. Meanwhile whisk together box of chocolate instant pudding, 1 1/2 c. milk, and 1/2 c. Baileys for 2 minutes. Spoon into pastry bag or storage ziploc baggie and put in fridge. Mix together box of instant vanilla pudding, 1 c. milk, and 1 tub of whipped topping. If you don't want it as thick you can add another 1/2 c. milk. Spoon into pastry or storage ziploc bag. Use a small spoon and remove small portion out of the center of your cupcake. Cut corner off of chocolate pudding bag and squeeze into cupcake hole until it reaches top of cupcake. Cut corner off vanilla pudding frosting bag and squeeze into a swirl on top of cupcake covering hole that pudding is in. Cut black licorice into pieces about 3" long so both ends are open and put into side as though it was a straw. Can sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or crushed chocolate chips as I did here.
You can do this “stuffed cupcake” trick using lots of other flavors too! It’s a great idea for a birthday party using your favorite flavors. You could easily make root beer float cupcakes using the same Red Vines straw idea but substitute root beer for the Baileys…the possibilities are endless. Either way you do it it’s a fun way to create and present a treat!
Let us know what you think, & what occasion you made these for!