Alcohol infused Baileys and Cream Cupcakes are amazing!! Filled with Baileys liqueor and pudding in the middle, they’ll be the hit of your party!
Oh how we love cupcakes! Recently made these Baileys and cream cupcakes and they were devine! With Baileys infused pudding in the middle, and chocolate cake surrounding it they satisfied my sweet tooth for sure. Special thanks goes out to Red Vines for sponsoring this post. (originally published 1/17)
- Ok so we make a lot of muffin tin recipes. Not just desserts, but dinners too! Any time I can use it to make a new and clever creation I’m all about it.
If you’ve followed me on The Typical Mom for any length of time you know I love creating cute cupcakes.
This one is JUST for us adults (we deserve a little indulgence)!
Alcohol infused cupcakes
- 2 boxes of instant pudding mix (1 chocolate and 1 vanilla)
- Red Vines (use the large black licorice for straws)
- 1 tub of whipped topping to make the filling and the creamy pudding frosting.
- If you’ve never made pudding frosting like we did with our mug cakes, it is amazing!!
Perfect for these Baileys and cream cupcakes because it really speaks to the cream portion and is different from any other type of frosting you’ve ever tasted before.
Want to make some fun cupcakes your kids can enjoy too? Try our:
- Sheep cupcakes that are really fun to make around Easter time.
- Try our campfire cupcakes complete with marshmallows to “roast” and everything.
Baileys and Cream Cupcakes
- Make chocolate cupcakes as directed on the box and allow to FULLY cool. Meanwhile whisk together box of chocolate instant pudding, 1 1/2 c. milk, and 1/2 c. Baileys for 2 minutes. Spoon into pastry bag or storage ziploc baggie and put in fridge. Mix together box of instant vanilla pudding, 1 c. milk, and 1 tub of whipped topping. If you don’t want it as thick you can add another 1/2 c. milk. Spoon into pastry or storage ziploc bag. Use a small spoon and remove small portion out of the center of your cupcake. Cut corner off of chocolate pudding bag and squeeze into cupcake hole until it reaches top of cupcake. Cut corner off vanilla pudding frosting bag and squeeze into a swirl on top of cupcake covering hole that pudding is in. Cut black licorice into pieces about 3″ long so both ends are open and put into side as though it was a straw. Can sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or crushed chocolate chips as I did here.
You can do this “stuffed cupcake” trick using lots of other flavors too! It’s a great idea for a birthday party using your favorite flavors.
You could easily make root beer float cupcakes using the same Red Vines straw idea but substitute root beer for the Baileys. The possibilities are endless. Either way you do it it’s a fun way to create and present a treat!
Let us know what you think, & what occasion you made these for!