2 minute pizza in a mug is here! Just use your microwave and you can have a little personal pizza that’s cheesy and filled with your favorite toppings. A great after school snack that kids can make on their own. We love easy mug recipes.
Have you ever made pizza in a mug?? It’s actually quite good, and a great quick snack! You only need a few ingredients like refrigerated biscuits! It’s one of our favorite mug recipes. (originally published 1/17, affiliate links present)
If you’re looking for a “cool” after school snack, quick lunch, or fun activity to do when you have a few kids come over you should try this easy pizza in a mug recipe here.
- I know….good right??!! It’s filled with the ooey gooey cheese and toppings you love and it only takes about 2 minutes to make each one!
You can easily load it up with whatever you like as far as toppings go.
Add diced mushrooms, olives, or even substitute Canadian bacon for the pepperoni.
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Spaghetti sauce – we like this one
- Pizza toppings – diced pepperoni and olives are perfect for this
Make a pizza bar of sorts if there are several people and everyone can really make their own because they’re just so easy to do.
Here’s my youngest helping me. I showed all of them how I created a few and then sent them off on their own so they could “do it myself”.
Pizza in a mug
- First you’ll need a microwave mug which is on the larger size of things.
- Spray the inside with non stick spray if you have it.
- Lay 1 refrigerated biscuit in the bottom.
- In a 1200w microwave microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add a spoonful of marinara sauce on top with some cheese, pepperoni and any dried herbs you want.
- Microwave for 1 minute so it rises up and the toppings are bubbling and melted together.
- Enjoy immediately!
Yes you could make the dough homemade with milk and oil etc. but we are going with fast and easy here. 😉
Seriously that is how easy this single serving pizza is to make. It’s absolutely perfect when the kids need a quick meal.
There are 5 of us and when it is a “make your own dinner” kinda’ night this is perfect. 8 biscuits come in a package so there’s just enough for a light lunch or dinner for us.
Want to try other great pizza recipes?
- If you want to make pizza another different way, try our crockpot pizza recipe too.
- Use a second mug per person and make a salad too. Paired together my kids think it is the best meal ever!!
- If you’re into making your own pie at home this is some of the best pan pizza you’ll ever try that everyone can enjoy together!
- Frozen pizza in air fryer works great to get it crispy quickly
- We have a quick Instant Pot pizza recipe on The Typical Mom….
If you love this pizza in a mug recipe you’ve got to try our other mug recipes like
- Our ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie in a mug recipe has people raving!!
- This 1 minute light strawberry cake in a mug needs just 3 ingredients
- Homemade peanut butter brownie in a mug can be made plain but adding that peanut flavor is over the top amazing
For a protein packed breakfast in a mug try this single serving omelette.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Pizza In A Mug
- 1 refrigerated biscuit we used Grands size
- 2 tbsp spaghetti sauce
- 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese shredded
- pizza toppings
- First make sure to spray the inside of your mug with non stick spray.Then lay a Grands (large) refrigerated biscuit at the bottom.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spoon 2 tsp. of spaghetti sauce in the middle of your partially cooked biscuit.Sprinkle some cheese over that.Add your toppings.
- Microwave for 1 minute.Enjoy your pizza in a mug!