This ooey gooey peanut butter brownie in a mug recipe is absolutely amazing!! Throw it all together, stick in the microwave for 1 min. and it’s done to perfection! Dessert for one has never been more delicious and easy.
Here’s how to make a brownie in a mug which is definitely one of our favorite mug recipes! I love single serving desserts! When I want something a fudgy brownie but don’t want to turn on the oven this peanut butter mug brownie is just perfect! (originally published 8/16)
This brownie mug recipe is quite simple and perfect for a chocolate craving. Sometimes you just want a single serving of yum, not to make a whole pan full.
We love peanut butter inside. Of course you can add other goodies too if you want.
Peanut butter is a must in our house thugh. Yes you can omit it if there’s an allergy, and it is still tastes amazing.
- You don’t have to add peanut butter brownie in a mug, but this addition is delicious!
If you have a sweet tooth but don’t want to make an entire package of brownies or cake this is a great alternative dessert for one!
How do you make microwave treats?
I like this brownie in a mug recipe from Simply Recipes because it is easy and I had everything in my cupboard at home.
I changed a few things and added peanut butter and it came out amazing!
I’m all about easy and ooey gooey desserts so I’ve made this one often because it’s just so easy and hits the spot when I want something sweet.
- I decided to add a dollop of peanut butter in the center but you could also add a few Rollo caramels or leave it all out.
- A “regular” microwave brownie in a mug which is amazing as well.
I’m a peanut butter fanatic so if I am really going to go all in and indulge myself when making a microwave dessert for one I am going to really go for it if you know what I mean.
How to make a brownie in a mug
- Cocoa powder (I use this one)
- Oil – vegetable or olive oil if that’s all you have
- Peanut butter (optional, great without it too)
- medium/large microwave safe mug
The reason why you need a mug a bit larger than a standard tea or coffee cup is it may overflow.
Mug cake no egg
Cooking time is short because it is just one (or two) serving really. If you’re looking for a dessert with no eggs necessary, this is the one to make!
- A dollop of whipped cream of vanilla ice cream on top can be added too.
- It’s pretty darn sweet though so I would first try as is. It’s to die for!
If you love this easy brownie in a mug recipe you could put together the dry ingredients in small baggies.
- Then use another “batch” on other nights.
- Write with a sharpie on the bag what wet ingredients you need so it’s quick when you’re ready to make it again.
Seriously, it is so easy that way. Just make a large batch of this brownie in a mug mixture but portioned out into ziplocs so it’s ready when you are.
Looking for another easy mug recipe to try? This one is probably one of our most popular but we have even more below:
Best mug recipe you should try next!
- Chocolate chip cookie in a mug as you can see above and is ooey gooey delish! We love pancake in a mug too.
- Strawberry cake in a mug only requires 2 ingredients. It’s a fat free dessert that’s light and fluffy. A great midnight treat.
- Have you tried to make a Blueberry muffin in a mug yet? My kids love this one.
- Caramel chocolate mug cake is a fun one too using a Rolo in the middle!
Then try our fun pizza in a mug recipe that’s actually SO good!
Can you reheat a mug cake? Well to be honest I have never not finished the entire thing on the first go around.
If I don’t my husband will finish it off but I suppose you could cover with plastic wrap and then microwave for 10 seconds for the next go around.
Make sure you measure flour properly when measuring ingredients.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Peanut Butter Brownie in a Mug
- Add dry ingredients to mug and stir (use 12 oz. mug or larger because it will rise a bit).
- Add wet ingredients to mug and stir until mixed.
- Put tbsp. of peanut butter in middle of mix and push down a bit so it is submerged into brownie batter.
- Microwave for 60 seconds…done!!
- Note: if you allow it to cool for 5 minutes it will solidify more if you want it more cakier and less ooey gooey