This 2 ingredient strawberry cake is amazing and so easy to make! It’s an egg free dessert and super moist, plus it’s lower in calories however you won’t miss a thing because this cake is delicious! Some call it soda pop 2 ingredient cake but I call it a throw together dump dessert that everyone raves about when they taste it!
I love easy desserts and just recipes in general. That is where this 2 ingredient strawberry cake comes into play. You know when you are planning on baking something but realize you are out of eggs? Or you’re supposed to bring a treat to this afternoon’s potluck and you have less than an hour to do it in. Well this cake is perfect for that. (originally published 4/17)
Believe it or not this comes out super moist. There are a lot fewer calories since you need no eggs or oil to make it. If you use a light version of everything you can really call it a skinny cake!
- This 2 ingredient cake reminds me of the strawberry cake in a mug we make pretty often, just in a larger form so you can share. 😉
- A great thing about this soda cake recipe is you can use any flavor or brand you like!
Easy strawberry cake
- Box of cake mix – I like this one
- A 13×9″ pan or a I prefer using a pretty bundt cake pan for cakes myself
- Can of soda
- we used lemon lime but if you could find strawberry soda that would be even better
- people have asked about club soda, I haven’t used it but it wouldn’t be very sweet
I have to tell you I was a bit skeptical when my friend mentioned she had made this and it was pretty good, so I had to try it myself.
It’s not as though I am necessarily watching my weight, but if I could have a bit more…..I’d be down with that. 😉
- It’s one of our favorite dump cake recipes.
2 ingredient strawberry cake
Frosting options are:
- Melt a tub of ready made frosting and pour it on with a sprinkle of chocolate chips
- Mix powdered sugar and water and pour that “frosting”/ glaze on
- Use whipped topping (light or regular, like I did)
Soda Pop cake
- Just Chocolate cake mix + chocolate soda
- Chocolate cake mix + Coke (I did this and made peanut butter filled cupcakes in jars with it)
- Lemon or yellow cake mix + lemon lime soda
- Spice cake mix + ginger ale with whipped cream on top
- Another quickie under 30 minutes – Angel food cake mix and crushed pineapple we call pineapple angel food cake – that’s fat free
I will say it a bit more dense than a traditional cake with egg and oil but it is a very slight difference in our opinion (asked kids too).
Garnished with some fresh fruits it is really a pretty cake and perfect for picnics, barbecues, and especially during the Summer when there are tons of fruits to choose from!
Use pineapple cake mix and make a tropical cake with coconut sprinkled on top and pineapple tidbits. All you do is combine cake mix with liquid, pour in prepared cake pan and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Looking for more easy dessert recipes?
- Coca Cola chocolate cake is amazingly delicious, but root beer cake only has 2 ing. too.
- Strawberry bread pudding or our pie filling and brownie mix combo we call cherry brownies are awesome.
- Chocolate coconut cake you should try if you love decadence
- Our 2 ingredient cookies are super simple too
- This is How to make brownies out of cake mix
- Then try this yummy Strawberry yogurt cake
2 ingredient cake
Here is what our final product looked like and how we decorated it. I mean that part is totally up to you. If you put it on a cooling rack right out of the oven you could melt frosting and pour that on top.
Let it harden just a bit, slice and serve with ice cream on top. I have a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post with nutritional information listed according to what we used.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
2 Ingredient Cake
Add cake mix and your soda pop in a large bowl. It is best to use a mixer on low to mix and make sure no lumps are left.
Spray the inside of your bundt pan or cake pan with non stick spray and pour cake mixture in. Set oven to time on cake box (ours was 350).
Now bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in the middle.
Allow it to cool. Put a cake plate on top and quickly flip it over. Use a defrosted tub of whipped topping to coat the top and lay fruit on top of that. Chocolate bits or sprinkles are nice options as well.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
2 Ingredient Strawberry Cake
- 1 can Lemon Lime soda 12 oz.
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 tub whipped topping optional
- sliced fruit to top optional
- Add cake mix and soda in a bowl.
- Use a mixer on low to mix and make sure no lumps are left.
- Spray bundt pan or cake pan with non stick spray and pour cake mixture in.
- Set oven to time on cake box (ours was 350) and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in the middle.