This 2 ingredient strawberry cake is amazing and so easy to make! It’s an egg free dessert and super moist, plus it’s lower in calories however you won’t miss a thing because this cake is delicious! Some call it soda pop 2 ingredient cake but I call it a throw together dump dessert that everyone raves about when they taste it!
I love easy desserts and just recipes in general, that is where this 2 ingredient strawberry cake comes into play. You know when you are planning on baking something but realize you are out of eggs (or can’t eat eggs), or you’re supposed to bring a treat to this afternoon’s potluck and you have less than an hour to do it in. Well this cake is perfect for that, or to make just because. It’s super moist, has fewer calories since you need no eggs or oil to make it, and if you use a light version of everything you can really call it a skinny cake! (originally published 4/17)
- This 2 ingredient cake reminds me of the strawberry cake in a mug we make pretty often, just in a larger form so you can share. 😉
- A great thing about this soda cake recipe is you can use any flavor or brand you like!
Want to know what’s in our 2 ingredient strawberry cake?
- Box of cake mix – I like this one
- A 13×9″ pan or a I prefer using a pretty bundt pan for cakes myself
- Can of soda
- we used lemon lime but if you could find strawberry soda that would be even better
I have to tell you I was a bit skeptical when my friend mentioned she had made this and it was pretty good, so I had to try it myself.
It’s not as though I am necessarily watching my weight, but if I could have a bit more…..I’d be down with that. 😉
- It’s one of our favorite dump cake recipes.
You could use a lot of different frostings for this 2 ingredient strawberry cake too.
- Melt a tub of ready made frosting and pour it on
- Mix powdered sugar and water and pour that “frosting”/ glaze on
- Use whipped topping (light or regular, like I did)
Here are a few other 2 ingredient cake ideas that have worked out well too!
- Chocolate cake mix + chocolate soda
- Chocolate cake mix + Coke (I did this and made peanut butter filled cupcakes in jars with it)
- Lemon cake mix + lemon lime soda
- Spice cake mix + ginger ale
I will say it a bit more dense than a traditional cake with egg and oil but it is a very slight difference in our opinion (asked kids too).
Garnished with some fresh fruits it is really a pretty cake and perfect for picnics, barbecues, and especially during the Summer when there are tons of fruits to choose from!
Use lemon cake mix and make a tropical version with coconut sprinkled on top and pineapple tidbits.
Looking for more easy dessert recipes?
- Coca Cola chocolate cake
- Strawberry bread pudding
- Chocolate coconut cake
- How to make brownies out of cake mix
- Strawberry yogurt cake
Here’s a video showing you how we make 2 ingredient strawberry cake:
Our printable recipe for strawberry 2 ingredient cake is here too:
2 Ingredient Strawberry Cake
- 1 can Lemon Lime soda 12 oz.
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 tub whipped topping optional
- sliced fruit to top optional
- Add cake mix and soda in a bowl.
- Use a mixer on low to mix and make sure no lumps are left.
- Spray bundt pan or cake pan with non stick spray and pour cake mixture in.
- Set oven to time on cake box (ours was 350) and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in the middle.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉