This easy strawberry bread pudding recipe only needs a few ingredients and is a perfect dessert for any holiday or to bring to a potluck for something new!
Seriously I can’t even describe how amazing this easy strawberry bread pudding is! We first made this delicious apple pie bread pudding and I couldn’t help but replicate it using strawberries, they’re both the ultimate comfort food.
We’ve been kinda’ obsessed with easy dump cake recipes lately and this lead me into making simple bread pudding with pie filling added to create something different for dessert but easy enough to whip together in no time.
You’ll have to try them all and let us know which flavor is your favorite. 😉
Here’s the brief step by step……
Ok so we didn’t start with the apple bread pudding, we actually made banana bread pudding years and years ago but it fell off my radar until recently when the seasons started to change.
Then…..I thought about other fruit mixtures that would be good and strawberry came to mind.
- Since we are using pie filling you can make it any time of year which is great. The basic bread pudding recipe I use over and over again and then incorporate our favorite flavors of the season to amp it up a bit.
I’m telling you, these bread pudding recipes are great to bring for a potluck because everyone will love them and I assure you nobody else will bring it.
You can make your own frosting, but I cheat.
Yes, if I am out of vanilla frosting in a tub then I have been known to whip up a bit using powdered sugar and a little water which is a good option if I don’t want to go to the store but typically I spoon the already made frosting (cream cheese is amazing too) into a pint size freezer bag, take the air out, zip it up, snip the end off and pipe it on just like a pastry bag….but this way is cheaper. 😉
You don’t really NEED frosting but c’mon, we aren’t counting the calories on this one so just go all out will you…..
This is what you need to make strawberry bread pudding
- Can of strawberry pie filling
- Day old loaf of French bread
- I like a bit of almond extract
- Tub of vanilla frosting, I love cream cheese frosting too
Here are a few other easy bread pudding recipes you should try
- Apple pie bread pudding is similar to this but with apples
- Caramel apple bread pudding
- Crockpot bread pudding
If you have a pressure cooker you can make Instant Pot bread pudding too!
Here is the printable recipe to follow, and yes you can substitute a different pie filling if you’d prefer.
Strawberry Bread Pudding
- 1 can strawberry pie filling 20 oz
- 1 loaf french bread day old
- 3 eggs
- 3 c milk 2% or whole
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 c sugar
- Slice day old french bread into thick slices. Discard ends.
- Cut each slice in half lengthwise, and then again twice creating 6 equal pieces. Put all cubed bread in large bowl.
- Pour your milk on top of your cubed bread and allow to soak for a minute.
- In another bowl whisk together your sugar, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Gently toss bread in milk so all slices are well coated, then pour sugar mixture on top of bread cubes.
- Very gently fold sugar mixture into bread cubes, just use spatula and gently mix 3-4 times so all bread is coated.
- Spray 13x9 pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour bread mixture into pan and make sure it is spread evenly across so it all bakes evenly.
- Open your can of pie filling and pour it on top of your bread, spread across so it is evenly distributed.
- Put pan into oven for 40 minutes or until bread is very lightly browned, springs back when touched, and egg is no longer clear/uncooked.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes or so before slicing so you can get a clean piece to come out.
- Drizzle melted vanilla icing on top if desired.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉