Caramel apple bread pudding recipe is amazing and so easy to make! With sticky caramel bits and tender pieces of apples inside it’s the perfect dessert to make year round. Make into pretty mini bundts drizzled with caramel sauce and it’s the best homemade bread pudding you’ll ever make.
I LOVE bread pudding, and for Valentine’s Day this year I tinkered around with an old recipe I had on hand and created something new and FABULOUS…. check out this caramel apple bread pudding recipe we just came up with. Did I mention it’s amazing??!! (originally published 3/16, affiliate links present)
So I experimented with these small caramel bits I found in the store and made this caramel pumpkin monkey bread.
- I thought diced apple would be a good addition too so I made a small batch of bread pudding. This is what I came up with!
This is what you need to make this Caramel apple bread pudding
- Caramel bits
- Bread – day old french bread is good or Artisan loaf
- Butter – if you’re making them in a mini bundt pan
Here are a few other easy bread pudding recipes
I always prefer to make desserts in my mini bundt or muffin pan because then it is already portioned out, and creates a nice crispier edge on the outside of each one…..also seems to cook faster and more evenly in my opinion.
First you will want to cut your day old french bread loaf into 1″ pieces, cube it.
- I start with cutting 3/4 of the loaf and eyeball it at the end to see if I need to add more. If I have a bit more liquid in the bowl or if 3/4 is enough. Every loaf is a bit different.
- Then add your milk in a large bowl and add your bread cubes into that.
- Gently toss to coat and allow them to soak up almost all of the liquid.
- Then in a separate bowl whisk together your eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and sugar.
Add that mixture to your bread bowl and stir until mixed well. Take some of the skin off of 2 small apples and dice them.
Add your caramel bits (if you want) and diced apples to your bread mixture and mix well.
- Then melt your butter and pour it into the bottom of each mini bundt hole.
- If your teflon isn’t great anymore spray the entire inside first with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick, then add your butter.
- Then scoop your caramel apple bread pudding mixture into your prepared pan, we used a mini bundt pan.
- It fills 6 completely as well as 1 mini loaf pan with this recipe.
- You could just use 1 9×13″ baking dish but it would obviously take more time. You’d just need to check the middle to ensure the egg was done.
- This is how we made our raisin bread pudding. It took a total of 40 to 45 minutes.
- Mini bundts take only 15 minutes or so, just until the egg is cooked.
They should look like this when they are done.
Rising above the holes, the egg will be firm and cooked. Put a large cutting board on top and flip the pan over. If you’ve greased it well they will just slide out and then top with powdered sugar glaze and melted caramel or we use caramel sundae topping.
How to serve this caramel bread pudding:
Well serve it warm for sure. You could top with whipped cream, a bit of vanilla ice cream or sliced fresh apple pieces. Serve it for breakfast, brunch or dessert any time of year.
We have an Instant Pot bread pudding that is great too if you don’t want to turn your oven on.
- If you like this one try my banana bread pudding too, it’s heavenly.
- Caramel pumpkin monkey bread is a bit similar but uses refrigerated biscuits instead of bread.
- Pumpkin zucchini muffins are out of this world and great in Fall too.
- Apple pie bread pudding is wonderful too.
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- 3 c milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c caramel bits
- 1 c apples peeled and diced
- 1 loaf bread day old french bread or Artisan loaf
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter if making mini bundts
- 1 c sugar
- Cut up your loaf of day old french bread or loaf of bread into chunks (minus the heels of the bread).
- Put in a bowl and pour milk on top.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and fold in caramel and apple bits.
- Add that mixture to your bread and milk and fold it together gently until combined.
- If using mini bundt pan put a tsp of melted butter at bottom of each hole after you've sprayed well with non stick spray.
- Fill each hole about 1/2 way full, they will rise.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, just until egg is cooked, check at 15 minutes.
- If making in a 9x13 casserole dish spray with non stick spray, don't use melted butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min, then 10 minutes with foil removed (or until egg is cooked in middle of dish).
- Serve warm with a drizzle of caramel sundae topping!