You’ve got to try these 3 ingredient cherry brownies! So easy to make these mini cherry filled brownie muffins for dessert and I guarantee your kids will love them. The perfect little bite sized chocolate treat that is cute served at a party too.
So we love to experiment and try to make really easy desserts using cake and brownie mix. The other day my girls and I thought that adding some pie filling might work well to fill our chocolatey brownies with some cherries which we love! We weren’t sure how they’d turn out and were surprised at how yummy these cherry brownies were! Using just 3 ingredients we threw them together, baked them for just 15 minutes in a mini muffin pan (makes them more fun and bite sized), and topped them with a dollop of vanilla frosting. Wahhlahhhh, seriously the most amazing cherry filled brownie bites!!
This is what they look like when you bite into them. They are filled with cherry flavor and juicy whole cherries too…and all of that is done for you in the convenient can of pie filling. Yep, my style.
This is all you need to make these cherry brownies
- 1 box brownie mix – I’ve made them several times and this box is the absolute best
- 1 can of cherry pie filling – I buy what is on sale, this one works well
- 2 eggs
- mini muffin tin – we have made them in regular muffin tins too but mini turns out best
If you bake with your kids this is a really fun dessert to make. It is easy to throw together and for them to really make the whole thing and entice them to cook with you more often. It is something my girls and I enjoy doing together and now my youngest (well she’s 9, not a baby anymore) makes my recipe for 6 cupcakes all by herself all the time. Makes her feel independent and is a way she can make a treat for all of us.
Our blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes are just as easy as this recipe too!
Here’s what you do to make cherry brownies. Like I said we like using a mini muffin tin so timing is listed for that. They are rich so making them bite sized is perfect because 2 is about the perfect serving size. With a dollop of frosting on top and a slice or whole cherry is fun to do if making them for a party too.
Here’s a video showing you how I make them!
- Fold together brownie mix, eggs, and entire can of pie filling so no powder is left, be careful to not mix harshly and smash all cherries.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non stick spray and add brownie mix to holes, about 3/4 way full.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes, regular size muffin tin brownies take closer to 20 minutes or until top is firm to touch.
- Cool or eat warm!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉