You’ve got to try these 3 ingredient cherry brownies! So easy to make cherry brownies with brownie mix for a really fun dessert. I guarantee your kids will love brownies in muffin tin. The perfect little bite sized chocolate treat that is cute served at a party too.
We weren’t sure how this quick dessert would turn out but these cherry brownies were a real hit! Using just 3 ingredients, we threw them together and baked for just 15 minutes in a mini muffin pan. Topped them with a dollop of vanilla frosting and voila, the most amazing cherry filled two bite brownies!! (affiliate links present)
3 Ingredient Cherry Brownies
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
The other day my girls and I thought that adding some pie filling might work well to fill our chocolatey brownies with some cherries which we love! It was so good it didn’t last until the next day. That time we just used a box from Ghirardelli and this can of light filling.
Then we couldn’t wait for another batch so we tried them with our homemade brownie mix (which is super easy to make as well) and a second can of this same stuff. OMG just as good, you can’t go wrong either way y’all.
Brownie Mix Cherry Brownies
All of that is done for you in the convenient can of pie filling. Yep, my style. There are many different brands out there, you can find light varieties like this one (still way sweet enough), and black cherry versions. I haven’t found there really to be a difference at all between name brand and generic so I buy what is on sale. 😉
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix – I’ve made them several times and this box is the absolute best
- Can of cherry pie filling – I buy what is on sale, there are many brands out there
- 2 eggs
- You could add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips if you want them double chocolate
- Mini muffin tin – we have made them in regular muffin tins too but mini turns out best
If you bake with your kids this is a really fun dessert to make. It is easy to throw together and for them to really make the whole thing and entice them to cook with you more often.
This is what your chocolate cherry brownies with brownie mix are going look like when you bite into them. They are filled with cherry flavor and juicy whole cherries too.
Black Forest Cherry Brownies
It is something my girls and I enjoy doing together and now my youngest (well she’s 9, not a baby anymore) makes my recipe for 6 cupcakes all by herself all the time. Makes her feel independent and is a way she can make a treat for all of us…okay and then we can enjoy her treat as well
They are rich so making them bite sized brownies is perfect because 2 is about the perfect serving size. With a dollop of frosting on top and a slice or whole cherry is fun to do if making them for a party too.
Ghirardelli Chocolate Cherry Brownies
As for the mix you choose I would say it is a bit different than the filling. I will spend the extra money to buy brand name here. There IS a difference between the dollar version and dark chocolate with better ingredients with quality dutch processed cocoa powder inside. Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on these:
Which brand of brownie mix is best?
I enjoy one that says dark chocolate flavor or black forest. Pillsbury classic box is said to be the most popular and may be because of it’s lower cost overall but we prefer Ghirardelli ourselves.
Which is better fudgy brownies or cake like brownies?
Fudgy and flourless cake like is hands down the best. To make fluffier and not as dense you’ll want to add more egg. To add moisture try zucchini brownies.
I have never done this and don’t think it is necessary, no. I would say that room temperature eggs is better than very cold but I don’t always have time to wait and do that too.
Double Chocolate Cherry Brownies
Ready to get to baking? I know, your mouth is probably already drooling and you can’t wait to get started. 😉
Cherry Pie Filling Brownies
Here’s what you do to make this easy cherry brownie recipe. Like I said we like using a mini muffin tin so timing is listed for that. Make sure you really get the non stick spray in there so they slide right out.
- Fold together brownie mix, eggs, and entire can of pie filling so no powder is left. Be careful to not mix harshly and smash all cherries.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and add chocolate cherry brownie mix to prepared pan, about 3/4 way full. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you wanted to make this in a 9×9″ pan you’d want to line it with parchment paper first. It would take a bit longer to bake too.
- Now bake brownie batter for 15 minutes, regular size muffin tin brownies take closer to 24 minutes or until top is somewhat firm to the touch. Toothpick inserted will come out mostly clean with some moist crumbs attached.
Cool or eat warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream! You can top those with a maraschino cherry too for fun. Here is the printable recipe card so you can get started, and save it if you’d like in your recipe box.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
- Fold together brownie mix, eggs, and entire can of pie filling so no powder is left, be careful to not mix harshly and smash all cherries.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non stick spray (well so they don't stick) and add brownie mix to holes, about 3/4 way full.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes, regular size muffin tin brownies take closer to 24 minutes or until top is firm to touch.
- Cool or eat warm!