Air fryer brownies in your Ninja Foodi or Cosori turn out so ooey gooey delicious! The perfect dessert when you don’t want to heat your oven.
My teens were experimenting the other day and made the most amazing air fryer brownies with brownie mix. I thought we MUST share these with you so you can have an OH MY moment too. Just one of many easy air fryer recipes here on our blog.
Then my tweens got to experimenting with things. It took two batches to get the cook time just right. I wouldn’t share anything that didn’t work the first go around for y’all.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Brownies in Air Fryer
To make air fryer brownies from scratch use our pressure cooker brownies recipe with cocoa powder, melted butter etc.. instead. We have done that in an Instant Pot and they were rather fantastic. To go a step further we added a dollop of peanut butter in the center of those. Uh huh.
We have three, this white one is a NuWave. They’re all the same.
What pans can go in air fryer?
Ninja Foodi Brownies
Now there are a lot of different boxed brownie mix brands out there, and types. I love this one because it comes out SUPER moist no matter what (I mean unless you burn it). If you choose another just keep it about 18 oz.
- You need is a 7.5″ springform pan
- Boxed brownie mix
- And you’ll need the ingredients necessary to make them into batter. Ours needed vegetable oil, water and an egg.
- If you choose a different brand they may require something else but these 3 are very typical no matter what.
- You may have luck making gluten free air fryer brownies using this mix. I’m unsure if the timing would be very different but I doubt it.
Just go ahead and preheat your machine to 330 F while you are making the batter. This is important so it cooks evenly at the same temp. the entire cook time.
Can you make brownies in an air fryer?
Yes ma’am! We are going to show you how here. Let me start off by saying I do NOT like them dry. As with any other method the outside rim will be more done than the middle but I like ooey gooey moist as much as possible.
If you like more of a dry cake like texture I can’t help you and we cannot be friends. 😉 Just kidding…well maybe…. If so I might add another 3 minutes to the cook time. You just don’t want the top to get too too done, that’s no good either.
It took two go arounds for us to reach perfection. The first time was not long enough at all. The biggest must is to allow it to completely cool in the pan before you take off the outer rim and remove.
Air Fryer Brownies from Box
This step is important so that it can continue to cook a bit more and really solidify together. It is mainly for the center, it will be wet. Think of the outer pieces as fudgy cake and the middle like flourless cake.
I know…right?? You might be drooling right now and that is okay, I won’t tell anyone.
OH another thing, make sure you spray the inside of the pan with non stick spray before you pour the contents inside!! You will cry if you don’t because you won’t be able to get it out unless you just scoop what you can with a spoon.
Now that I have that off of my chest we can get going here… There is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, here are quick step by steps here though:
Time needed: 33 minutes.
Air Fryer Brownies
Add ingredients needed on back of your box of boxed brownies to make it into a batter. Preheat your air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes. In a Foodi you use the air crisp button and lid attached.
Spray inside of your 7.5″ springform pan with a non stick spray. Pour batter inside. Place this into your preheated air fryer basket.
Cook at 330 F for 33 minutes. Check with toothpick inserted that it comes out mostly clean (with crumbs attached, not liquid).
Remove cake pan from air fryer basket and allow brownies to completely cool in the pan or leave in there for at least 15 minutes.
Release outside rim of springform baking pan and remove. Put a plate or cutting board on top and flip brownie over. Use a knife to loosen bottom of pan off brownie and remove.
Slice into 9-12 equal pieces and enjoy with ice cream on top.
Air Fryer Boxed Brownies
And there you have it friends. We love zucchini brownies if you’re up for using your oven sometime. Looking for other amazing air fryer dessert recipes? I will list a few of our other favorite creations below:
- Using fresh fruit you should try this homemade air fryer apple crisp!
- A pizookie in air fryer is super fun.
- Donuts in air fryer using refrigerated biscuits or cinnamon rolls work well too.
- You can even make air fryer cookies too!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix 18.2 oz, plus ingredients to make it into batter
- Add ingredients needed on back of box to make boxed brownies into batter. Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of 7.5" springform pan with non stick spray. Pour batter inside. Place this into your preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook at 330 F for 33 minutes. Remove pan from air fryer basket and leave brownies in pan to cool or for at least 15 minutes.
- Release outside rim of springform pan and remove. Put a plate or cutting board on top and flip brownie over. Use a knife to loosen bottom of pan off brownie and remove. Slice into 9-12 equal pieces and enjoy.