How to make crockpot brownie cookies that are gooey chocolate bites of brownies and chocolate chip cookies in one! Easy slow cooker brookies you’ll love.
Yes these gooey crockpot brownie cookies are perfect when you need something sweet but don’t want to turn on the oven! With a layer of chocolate chip cookies and another layer of chocolate brownies, you won’t have to choose between the two, and everyone will rave how decadent this slow cooker dessert is! It’s definitely one of our favorite chocolate crockpot recipes. (originally published 8/17)
This is what you will need to make crockpot brownie cookies or brookies we like to call them:
- Crockpot – I used my 6 qt. slow cooker which is the perfect size
- 1 box of brownies – I like this one that comes with fudge sauce
- 1 tub of ready made cookie dough – I used this one, I’m all about easy
- Chopped walnuts – optional but great
- Mini chocolate chips – to make them as gooey and rich as possible
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 c. Melted butter
This easy crockpot brownie dessert can be thrown together once you start cooking dinner and once you’re done eating and have a bit of time to let your food settle this will be done and perfect!
It’s great for a large crowd because it’s so rich you don’t need a big scoop and all of the ingredients you need are pretty inexpensive for a dessert that feeds 10-12 people!
On the outside the slow cooker brookie is the perfect cakey texture, and in the middle it’s the ooey gooey slightly undercooked brownie that is my favorite.
The best way to serve these crockpot brownie cookies is to scoop from the middle section out to the outside so you get both the more and less done portions all on one plate, or bowl.
Serve your crockpot brownie cookie immediately and it’s wonderful. Or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream…oohhhhh.
If you’re looking for another great slow cooker dessert I cannot recommend this crockpot apple crisp enough!!
Here’s a video showing you how we made crockpot brookies
And here’s the printable recipe
Crockpot Brownie Cookies
- Mix together your brownie mix, butter, eggs, chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with non stick spray.
- Put 8 slices or heaping tbsp of ready made cookie dough on bottom.
- Pour brownie mixture on top and smooth out evenly inside your slow cooker.
- Put lid on and cook for 2 hours on high.
- Scoop from the middle out to the edge for each serving to get both textures in your serving. Top with ice cream if desired, serve warm for best results.
Made with fresh apples and just a few other ingredients it’s a yummy after dinner treat or serve it on Christmas morning too.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉