Chocolate chip air fryer cookies are easy to make when you don’t want to turn on your oven. Make a small batch for just 2 of you at a time so they’re fresh!
There are a ton of possibilities once you understand how to bake air fryer cookies. Perfectly moist and soft every time, it’s great when you just want to make a few at a time. (affiliate links present)
How to Air Fry Cookie Dough
OH MY goodness you are going to love this idea!! When you have that late night desire for something sweet it’s an easy way to make a small batch.
You can use homemade cookie dough or refrigerated if you want. Either way they come out soft and delicious. You can even use cake mix cookies of your choice.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Air fryer chocolate chips cookies
You can make homemade cookies or use pre-made cookie dough found next to refrigerated biscuits. Pillsbury makes a bunch of different flavors.
You can just slice and bake those, either way works with this timing.
- Brown sugar
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda and salt
- Chocolate chips
Having a wire rack to cool them is helpful but not entirely a must. I mean sometimes we just eat them straight out of the pot!
Of course if you’re using Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough you’ll skip the mixing part which will save you a lot of time. This option is great if there are just a few of you.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- To cook just 4 at a time just break apart.
- Preheat air fryer
- Place inside on top of parchment paper
- Cook for about 8 minutes
- Cook and enjoy
- Store rest of dough inside an airtight container or wrap roll of dough with plastic wrap and store in fridge.
You can do the same thing with homemade dough though, that decision is up to you. Use a cookie scoop to form balls. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then put frozen pieces in a freezer bag and store.
You could just use packaged refrigerated dough and do this same thing with the same timing.
Cookies in air fryer
YES! Using pre-made dough or homemade, you can “bake” them perfectly just a few at a time. A great way to make small batch chocolate chip cookies so they’re always fresh.
Set to 300 degrees so they stay moist, just like Mrs. Fields.
I prefer to allow the dough to defrost, that only takes about an hour or less. If you don’t want to do that you can cook from frozen to chewy in about 12 minutes at 300 degrees until light browned.
Can we bake in air fryer?
There are TONS of great air fryer desserts you can make. The best part is you can make just enough for your family so it’s always fresh.
Why do I love this idea? I mean do you really need to make cookies in an air fryer y’all? Hear me out. You know when you just want 1-2 cookies for dessert and really don’t want to make all 12, this is a great option.
Another HUGE reason why you should bake in an air fryer is so you don’t heat up the house!
When it’s in the 90’s or 100’s during the summertime the last thing I am going to do is turn on my oven. Not happening. We’ve even revised our pizookie recipe to include air fryer instructions for this very reason.
- The third reason this has been a hit in our house is the kids are all about cooking themselves.
- Since they loved our chocolate chip cookie in a mug, this was a hit as well.
They’re tweens and teens so if yours are younger you might need to supervise a bit, but much safer than the oven.
Here are quick instructions. Ingredient amounts and a printable recipe card is located at the bottom of this post.
Time needed: 8 minutes.
Air Fryer Cookies
I always preheat my air fryer, this time we need to set it to 300 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Make dough
Break pre made cookie dough into pieces or make homemade. Add sugars, egg and vanilla into mixer on medium until light and fluffy. In a small bowl mix dry ingredients and incorporate slowly.
Put a piece of parchment paper into air fryer basket. Use small cookie scoop to form same size dollops on top. Bake 4 at a time with space in between.
Close and air fry for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and middle still looks soft. Larger cookies may take closer to a 10 minute cook time.
Lift paper out on to a cooling rack and then enjoy.
Let us know which kind you bake this time and how you love them below!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Can you save homemade cookie dough?
Yes! It can easily be kept refrigerated for up to 2-3 days. Just cover with plastic wrap so it doesn’t out.
To freeze homemade cookie dough just wrap it with plastic freezer wrap or into freezer bags.
Printable recipe with percent daily nutrition facts below for you. Of course you can double this for a larger batch, or if you want to save them for later to bake in small batches.
Ninja Foodi Cookies
Air Fryer Cookies
- In a bowl beat butter, sugar and brown sugar together.
- Then add egg and vanilla, mix.
- In a small bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda, then slowly incorporate with sugar mixture.
- Use spoon to fold in chips.
- Preheat air fryer to 300 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Place piece of parchment paper into basket and spoon equal size dollops on top, 4 for each round with plenty of space in between.
- Air fry at 300 degrees F for 8 minutes (for medium sizes, large will take more time). Take out when edges are browned but middle still looks just a bit wet. Lift out paper and set on cooling rack until completely cool and then enjoy very soft cookies.