We’re here to talk all about air fryer cookie dough and how to cook refrigerated and sliced in small batches. Tollhouse air fryer cookies have been a game changer for us. Bake up a few at a time after dinner and save the rest for later!
Frozen cookie dough in air fryer has never been easier than with the magic of a hot air machine. With its quick cooking time and ability to achieve a perfect golden brown texture, air fryer recipes are game-changer for those craving freshly baked cookies. (post may contain affiliate links present)
Refrigerated Cookie Dough in Air Fryer
We’ll explore the delightful world of air fryer chocolate chip cookies using refrigerated cookie dough. AND homemade like our Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies. Let’s jump to the recipe and learn how to make small batch cookies. Before we dive into the mouthwatering details, let’s understand why an air fryer is the perfect tool to bake scrumptious chocolate chip cookies.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
This handy countertop appliance is a versatile kitchen tool that uses hot air circulation to cook food quickly and evenly. It works similarly to a convection oven but at a much faster pace. Its compact size and efficient heat distribution make it ideal for baking cookies, especially in small batches.
If you love easy air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Cookie Dough in Air Fryer
We talk about how long to bake cookies here. In the Foodi or Cosori is quite quick and you do really get a similar result vs. the oven. BUT you don’t have to heat up the whole house and it is easier to make small batches at a time too.
The iconic Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe is a classic favorite among cookie lovers. Now, imagine making this beloved treat with the convenience of cooking them in a small batch. Here are a few more ideas you will love;
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are great when you simply swap out the chocolate chips for sweet raisins and bake your favorite oatmeal cookie dough balls in the air fryer.
- Peanut Butter Cookies uses a classic peanut butter cookie recipe and follow the same steps for baking them to perfection in the air fryer.
- Snickerdoodles cookie dough in cinnamon sugar and bake it in the air fryer for a delightful twist on this classic cookie.
- Molasses Cookies with spiced molasses cookie dough balls for a warm and comforting treat that pairs perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Gluten-Free Cookies are tasty for those with gluten restrictions, there are many gluten-free cookie dough options available in stores. Experiment with different flavors and types to find your favorite gluten-free cookie.
Air fryer gingerbread cookies are fun to do during the holidays. We “bake” them on parchment paper, then let sit for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Once room temperature you can decorate!
Air Fryer Pillsbury Cookie Dough
Refrigerated cookie dough made this way offers a quick and delightful way to enjoy freshly baked cookies in small batches. The golden brown cookies with soft centers and crispy edges will have your taste buds singing with joy.
You can slice, roll into balls as is or then roll those balls into powdered sugar for a crackled pretty effect like our Cake Mix Cookies with Butter. There are tons of possibilities once you get the hang of how this id done. Here are a few tips for baking in an air fryer;
- Use Small Batches when you bake cookies this way. This allows for better air circulation and even cooking. You can make Cookie Cups.
- Preheat the Air Fryer always before baking cookies for consistent and reliable results.
- Keep an Eye on the Cookies because air fryers cook quickly, so it’s essential to monitor the cookies closely to prevent overcooking.
- Experiment with Cooking Time since cookie sizes and air fryer models can vary, it’s okay to experiment with the baking time until you achieve your desired cookie texture.
Always always start with the minimum number of minutes. Remember that as they cool they will continue to stiffen and harden more than they are warm. If you want chewy (like me) you should take out as soon as the middle no longer looks wet and outside ring is stiffened and cracking just a bit.
Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in Air Fryer
The versatility of the air fryer (and Toaster Oven Cookies) opens up a world of cookie possibilities beyond chocolate chip, making it a must-have appliance for any cookie lover. So, gather your ingredients, heat up that air fryer, and let the cookie baking adventure begin!
- Start by bringing your refrigerated cookie dough to room temperature. If you’re using homemade dough, let it sit at room temperature for a while to soften. For premade cookie dough, simply open the packaging and get ready to create delightful cookie dough balls.
- Gently roll the cookie dough into small balls, about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. Keep in mind that the baking time will vary depending on the size of the cookie dough balls, so adjust accordingly.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F or 175 C to ensure the cookies bake evenly and beautifully.
- Place the cookie dough balls in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. For larger air fryers, you can bake multiple batches at once, but avoid overcrowding to maintain even cooking.
- Air fry chocolate chip cookies for typically 5 to 7 minutes, depending on the size of the dough balls and your desired level of doneness. For a soft and chewy center, aim for about 5 minutes. If you prefer a slightly crispier texture, extend the baking time to 6 or 7 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on the cookies as they bake. The cookies should be golden brown around the edges and slightly puffed up. Remember that baking times can vary slightly depending on the air fryer model, so it’s essential to observe the cookies to avoid overcooking.
Once done, carefully remove them from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula. Place them on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before indulging in their warm, gooey goodness.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Cookie Dough
- 1 tube cookie dough
- 1 spray cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 320ºF for 5 minutes. Lay piece of parchment paper in the basket to fit or spray with non stick spray.
- Slice refrigerated cookie dough into the same size slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Lay inside basket with some space in between them.
- Air fry for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned on top and they no longer look wet in the center, edges should be slightly cracking. (timing will depend on how large and thick they are) Remove drawer/basket from air fryer machine.
- Let cookies cool inside the basket without removing them from it for 5 minutes. Then lift out and enjoy