Our air fryer peanut butter cookies with 3 ingredients are so quick and easy to make in a small batch! Chewy or crispy as you wish, this family friendly air fryer cookies dessert can bake without an oven.
You can use our super simple dough recipe below, or Peanut Butter Cookies Made With Cake Mix turn out excellent this way too. Really any flavor you love will “bake” up perfectly with these instructions in the recipe card below. Great way to make just a few at a time. (affiliate links present)
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe 3 Ingredients
We talk about how long to bake cookies here. In the Foodi or Cosori is quite quick and you do really get a similar result vs. the oven. BUT you don’t have to heat up the whole house and it is easier to make small batches at a time too. Especially during the summertime when we have one of our 98 degree days, this is the only way to bake.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
If you haven’t discovered this quick peanut butter cookies recipe you will be amazed. You literally just need one bowl and a spoon to incorporate it all together. NO need for a mixer or baking sheet. They are dairy free cookies (which my husband loves) and only needs 1 egg from the fridge.
If you love easy air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Peanut Butter Cookies in Air Fryer
3 ingredient peanut butter cookies take the same amount of time to prepare than it does to preheat your Cosori or Ninja Foodi. You’ll want an egg, some smooth peanut butter and sugar to make the dough. Use a small cookie scoop if you have one to ensure they’re all the same size so they cook evenly.
Add an extra minute if you want a crunchy texture, or take out but leave them in the basket to cool a bit if you want a tender chewy texture. Can You Put Parchment Paper in an Air Fryer? We talk all about that here. As long as it is on the bottom and not flying above the food risking touching the coils you are good.
There is not much spreading involved with these. A bit of space in between is helpful but don’t need very much like our Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookies would need. A great way to make just a few with kids or if you are traveling in an RV.
Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies
We have done these same steps with our Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies dough. If you want to go all in from scratch then by all means have at it. Sometimes that one does take a bit longer. Key is to pull them out once the edges start to crack and middle is no longer wet looking on top. They will solidify as they cool.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix granulated sugar and 2 other ingredients until you get a batter. Make dough balls the same size.
- Set a piece of parchment paper inside air fryer basket.
- Slightly flatten dough balls and set on top of parchment with a bit of space between them.
- Can use a fork to press top gently in 2 different directions to make a criss cross pattern on top.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove basket and let rest for 5 minutes in basket to solidify. Lift out paper and enjoy.
If you used refrigerated rolls ready made you’d want to follow our Air Fryer Cookie Dough timing, which is similar.
3-ingredient peanut butter cookies
You could add a few pinches of mini chocolate chips too into the dough at the end if you wanted. I suggest creamy peanut butter because it is easier to blend. Natural peanut butter is firmer and would need to be stirred to ensure the oil is incorporated. Cook times will vary depending on how large your pieces are and how well done you want them.
Remember once they cool to room temperature they will firm up quite a bit more so I go for less time so they remain soft and chewy. Air fryers cook quite fast so leaving in just 1 more minute will be the difference between tender and crispy in the end. You don’t hav to wait until they’ve cooled completely to enjoy either.
Ninja Foodi Peanut Butter Cookies
And yes of course you can use your Foodi with the air crisp function and the lid that IS attached to make these. Not just a delicious air fryer recipe in a machine as you see here. You can jump to recipe and get started but I will end with how to keep them soft if you do have leftovers;
How to Keep Peanut Butter Cookies Soft
- Allow your freshly baked cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before storing them. This prevents condensation from forming inside the storage container.
- Place a slice of bread or a few apple slices in the same container as your cookies. These moisture-rich items will help maintain the cookies’ softness. However, be cautious with this method, as the cookies can take on the flavors of the bread or apple.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container to prevent moisture loss and exposure to air. For extra protection, consider placing a piece of parchment paper between layers of cookies.
- Store the cookies away from direct sunlight and sources of heat, as these factors can cause them to become dry and hard.
- If you want to keep cookies soft for an extended period, consider freezing them. Flash freeze the cookies on a baking sheet, then transfer them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. When you’re ready to enjoy them, allow them to thaw at room temperature.
How to Soften Leftover Cookies
If your peanut butter cookies do become slightly stale or lose their softness over time, you can try these methods to restore their texture:
- Place a slightly damp paper towel over the cookies and microwave them in short bursts, checking after each burst until they become soft.
- Place the cookies in an airtight container with a slice of fresh bread. Seal the container and let it sit for a few hours or overnight. The cookies will absorb moisture from the bread, helping to soften them.
By following these baking, storage, and re-softening cookies tips, you can enjoy peanut butter cookies that stay wonderfully soft, chewy, and flavorful.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. In a bowl mix 3 ingredients until you get a batter. Make dough balls the same size. Set a piece of parchment paper inside basket.
- Slightly flatten dough balls and set on top of parchment with a bit of space between them. Can use a fork to press top gently in 2 different directions to make a cross pattern on top.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Remove basket and let rest for 5 minutes in basket to solidify. Lift out paper and enjoy.