Really keto energy balls recipe with chocolate chips and hidden flax seeds and healthy. Kids and adults love these no bake energy balls.
I remember making a version of these in High School for a bake sale and although this energy ball recipe technically required no baking at all they were a hit. There are of course several versions of what you can include and/or omit to make these energy balls but at the end of the day it starts out with a few simple ingredients.
Keto energy balls
I love goodies that stick with you, that my kids love, and don’t require an oven. Especially during the Summer that’s the last thing I want to turn on.
- Energy bites are great as a snack before or after a soccer game, when you’re back from the gym, or just as a snack. You can “hide” good things for you inside too like flax seeds and your kids will never know! 😉
The ingredients are as follows. Now keep in mind if you’d rather leave out the flax seeds or just don’t chocolate chips in them just adjust accordingly.
Keto energy ball recipe
- 2/3 cups peanut butter more or less depending on your preference
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips sugar free
- 1.5 c chopped almonds
- Shredded coconut
- 1/3 c flaxseed
They are really quite easy to throw together and adults and kids love the taste. Keep them in the fridge to snack on throughout the week too.
Keto Energy Balls
- Put your crushed almonds, coconut and flaxseed in a food processor and pulse a few times. Then add all other ingredients except chocolate chips and pulse a few more times again until still a bit chunky but incorporated.
- Open top, pour in chips and gently fold in together. Use a tbsp or small cookie scoop to make uniform balls. Put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put into freezer for an hour. Enjoy, store what is left in fridge or freezer with some space between them.