The BEST air fryer steak bites with a killer dry rub that’s salty and sweet with a bit of a kick! High protein dinner idea inside tacos or over rice.
We made air fryer steak bites with a few T bones we had in the fridge and they came out amazing!! SO we thought we’d share our recipe with y’all. Find this and more easy air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. (affiliate links present)
I am telling you, these bite size bites of heaven over rice or beside some veggies are the best.
We’ve used this same dry rub on our air fryer filet mignon and it’s always a hit, no matter what it’s on.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Steak bites in air fryer
Ok so you could really use any type of beef you had in the fridge for this.
Since you’re trimming the fat and cubing it up into bite size pieces, it really doesn’t matter what you use.
We used T-bone, filet mignon is the most expensive and leanest, ribeye, chuck eye, flank, skirt, and sirloin steak. If you’re like us and buy meat in bulk you should have several to choose from.
Steak bites marinade
- If you wanted teriyaki steak bites, you could use the sauce from our air fryer roast recipe.
Instead, I opted to use our steak dry rub. IT IS INCREDIBLE!! You could use the latter if you preferred though, you’d just want to add a bit of olive oil before cooking.
Ingredients you’ll need are:
- Cubed steak
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
Electric air fryer is needed of course, any brand works y’all.
Here’s a quick step by step, but there is also a printable recipe card at the bottom as well.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Steak Bites
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Mix steak rub
In a bowl mix together dry ingredients for your steak rub.
Cut and discard bones and fat off steaks. Then cut into bite size cubes and put into a bowl.
Pour olive oil on beef and stir to coat. Then pour in steak rub ingredients and mix so every piece is nicely coated.
Pour into air fryer basket and spread out so they’re not overlapping. Set to cook at 400 for 5 minutes shaking basket after 3 minutes.
Check the steak and see if you want them more done. The larger your pieces are the longer it will take. If you want them nice and tender with a light browning 5 minutes = perfectly cooked steak bites.
Add 1 more minute at a time until they’re perfectly cooked for you. 4 minutes would be more like medium rare where 5-6 is medium well.
This is how big/small I cube the pieces when I make this.
We need nothing else when serving because the rub has tons of flavor. Of course that is up to you. You could sprinkle with salt and pepper or add teriyaki sauce on top to have multiple layers of flavors.
Air fryer steak bites and mushrooms
You could EASILY add air fryer mushrooms to the basket as well. They both cook at the same temperature and general timing so you’d be good to go. I would use this recipe and mix mushrooms separate.
- Add half of your meat + half the shrooms in your bowls.
- Then cook second half and serve.
What to serve with steak bites
- We like throwing these over a bed of Instant Pot white rice with some air fryer vegetables in the bowl too.
- You could opt for quinoa on the bottom instead for lower carbs.
- Serve with any type of pasta recipe as a side dish with these.
Or just have some air fryer corn with it. That is a quick idea.
No matter what you make it’s done in under 30 minutes and has TONS of bold flavors if you use our dry marinade below.
We seriously couldn’t keep our hands off of them and I had a little bit left over to eat for lunch the next day.
How do you eat leftover steak?
How do you reheat steak bites?
Spread them out on a baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F and check after about 10 minutes. Check every 5 minutes until they’re as warm as you want. Remember that baking too long will dry them out though.
You may want to toss with some thick Soy Vay marinade to keep them tender.
Below is a printable version of our recipe including nutritional facts like saturated fat, calories, carbs etc. Those are calculated by the recipe card itself, not me, and will vary depending on how much meat you use.
- After removing the bones and fat there was enough for the 4 of us with a good portion of vegetables and rice.
You may need more than 1 medium steak per person if you aren’t serving pull apart bread or something on the side.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
If you have a Foodi, you can find more low carb protein packed ideas in our healthy Ninja Foodi recipes post here.
Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Trim steaks, remove bones, and cube into 1" pieces.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Mix together dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Pour olive oil over meat in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Pour dry rub over meat, toss to coat.
- Pour meat into air fryer basket, spread out so pieces are overlapping the least amount possible.
- Set to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes, toss after 3 minutes.
- Test and see if you want them browner/more cooked (larger pieces will take longer, the more you cook them the less tender they will become).
- Serve alone, served with vegetables, inside tortillas for tacos, or over rice.