Frozen steak in air fryer directions so it comes out tender and juicy. How to cook frozen Ribeye, T-bone, Filet or Sirloin perfect!
It’s easier than ever to cook frozen steak in air fryer perfectly. If you’re forgetful like me don’t worry, I have a way to cover up the fact that you forgot to defrost dinner. 😉 An easy air fryer recipe to keep on hand. (affiliate links present)
Air fryer frozen steak
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
I know I cannot be the only one who is forgetful. In the beginning I figured out how to cook air fryer frozen chicken wings, because that was necessary one night. Then frozen chicken breast in air fryer was perfected.
Beef was next. First, I shared how to make a frozen roast in Instant Pot which was a real hit. BUT what if you didn’t have a pressure cooker, that’s when this comes in handy.
What are the types of steak?
- Filet Mignon
- New York Strip
- Flank and Skirt steak
The average time is 18 minutes. It will vary slightly depending on how thick each one is, whether there is a bone, and how well done you like it.
This cook time is a good place to start though, checking at 15 minutes is good to do the first time.
Yes!! We will show you how to do just that right here! Whether you want a thick ribeye or smaller filet, this method works just great.
Yep, we did just that to make Ninja Foodi frozen steak. With a bit of olive oil you can get any seasonings you like to stick just fine. We love our steak dry rub, but plain salt and pepper works too.
Of course I do prefer my meat to be defrosted beforehand, but that isn’t always possible. In those cases it is nice to have this kitchen hack in your pocket so you can still have a great meal on the table in no time.
See what you do here, easy peasy right?? Just season, throw them into a preheated air fryer and cook!
Let me give you another tip so you get tender steak every time, whether it’s rock hard or not. As with any sort of beef you should let it rest before you slice it. Why?? Resting allows the juices to stay in, and not seep out.
Even 5 minutes vs. right away is better, 10 – 15 is ideal if you ask us. I usually need a bit of time to finish up our side dishes anyway, so just cover it to keep it warm and then cut when you sit down to eat.
- The meat we used were ribeyes.
- Each one was about 3/4″ thick.
- 18 minutes total, flipping halfway through gave us these results.
- I would say they’re medium well cooked.
Of course if you want them closer to medium I might guess 15 minutes would be better. Well done might be 19 depending on how thick they are.
Time needed: 18 minutes.
Frozen Steak in Air Fryer
Brush olive oil on both sides of your frozen steaks, on both sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides, along with any other seasonings you desire.
Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F. Cook steaks in basket once preheated.
- Add food
Set to 18 minutes total for medium well. Cook for 12 minutes for rare. Flip the steaks halfway thru. (timing will vary depending on how thick each piece is and how well done you want them to be).
Use thermometer to check internal temp.
If you read thermometer and it is not as done as you’d like, add an extra minute for each side of the steak and check again.
Allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Air fried frozen foods have been a game changer for us! I work full time and although I cook food for a living, I don’t always do it every day. I am forgetful as well. Eeeeek.
If I don’t have time for my meat to reach room temperature by the time 5p.m. rolls around, I need tips like this. I hope it helps you out too. 😉
Frozen potstickers in air fryer are a great quick meal or snack to try out too.
Frozen Steak in Air Fryer
- Brush olive oil on frozen steaks, on both sides.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides, along with any other seasonings you desire.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F. Put frozen steaks in once preheated.
- Set to 18 minutes total, flipping halfway thru. (timing will vary depending on how thick each piece is and how well done you want them to be)
- Allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.