Best air fryer filet mignon or fillet steak recipe with a dry rub! Meat comes out tender with whopping flavors covering the outside.
Air fryer filet mignon or steak turns out absolutely delicious. Using our VERY popular dry rub you too can use it for this easy air fryer recipe. A high protein meal that can be made from rare to medium or well done depending on your preference. (originally published 11/20, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Filet Mignon
I have done this several times, using all different kinds of air fryer steak. Of course mignon is the most tender pieces, therefore more expensive than others.
Use just salt and pepper, or our suggested seasonings and enjoy a great Cosori air fryer recipe to try this week. It is a high protein main dish that can be cooked from rare to well done depending on how long you leave it in. The crust on the outside is more amazing than making it any other way though.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Air Fryer Filet Mignon Well Done
Here are a few questions you might have before you get going. Of course, keep in mind that the thickness of each one will vary quite a bit.
The thicker it is the longer it will take. As well done as you’d like it varies from person to person too. The timing below has been perfect for us every time though.
Most would say yes. This cut is the most tender, pricey pieces on the cow. Fillet steak is said to melt in your mouth with great flavor too.
This depends on how thick it is, and how well done you like it. 12 minutes is great for for thinner, medium well done pieces. 20 minutes max in an air fryer for very thick pieces if you like well done.
It is in an area that is not exercised, that is why it maintains it’s tenderness and known as the best of the best.
Once you unwrap your meat you’ll want to blot it with paper towels so the seasonings will stick well.
As I stated above. Air fryer cook time for this will vary quite a bit but the temperature shown below will stand firm. My husband likes his meat still “moooing” while I like just a thin strip of pink.
I usually just check the doneness of steak by touch.
- I mean if you’ve made steak in Instant Pot quite a bit you know how firm you’ll want it. Mine wouldn’t have a lot of give while his would feel quite soft when done.
BOTH of us love this steak dry rub on top though. Hands down it makes all beef cuts out of this world amazing.
Air Fryer Filet Mignon Bites
We use this to make air fryer steak bites too. If you’re in a rush or have little mouths at home, it’s a great one to try as well.
Just pat the sweet and savory rub on the outside of each piece and when you lift it up, allow the excess to fall off.
I always recommend preheating air fryer for 5 minutes at the temperature stated in your recipe. Then it will cook your food at a steady heat the entire time evenly.
No need to spray the basket, they won’t stick. Add as many as can fit into your machine, each one is different. Ours is good for 4 easily.
Air Fryer Filet
Air frying steaks is quite easy. The biggest difference is the seasonings on to and all the way around the outside of it.
- Air fryer basket
- Filet Mignon steaks
- if you’re making frozen steak in air fryer I’d pat dry and rub a bit of olive oil on outside so rub will stick
Air fryer sweet potatoes are a great duo with these. You should put in the taters beforehand because they take quite a while. When done wrap in foil to keep warm and then make this so they are all hot at the same time.
Air Fry Filet Mignon Ninja
You can see the YUM covering the outside of these once you open the basket, they smell amazing too. In a bowl mix together seasonings. You don’t have to use this sweet and savory mixture but it is great. Alternatively you could just sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pat filets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle seasoning on top, gently pat down. Turn over and sprinkle on other sides. Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Put steaks in basket without overlapping. Close drawer and cook for 8 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for 4 minutes for medium well done for a thinner fillet steak, or rare for thicker pieces.
- Check middle for temperature to determine doneness, add 2 min. at a time if not done enough for you yet.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. ** Note, timing will depend a lot on how thick your pieces are and how well done you like your meat.
At what temperature is steak medium well?
150 degrees F is the way I like it, seen above. Medium steaks are probably the most popular. Cooking steaks can be tricky if y’all like them differently though. You can check steak temperatures here.
What temp. is beef rare?
If you like a lot of pink like below, you’ll want it closer to 125 degrees F. This is how my husband prefers it so I just use a digital thermometer to make sure they’re all done correctly.
What should I serve with steak?
There are lots of options you can make in under 15 minutes, especially if you use this same machine.
- I love air fryer cauliflower or broccoli air fryer style. It makes things simple.
- You can make a quick loaf of air fryer bread to slice and serve on the side too.
- Of course we love this pull apart smoked bread if you have the time to make it beforehand.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- In a bowl mix together seasonings. You don't have to use this sweet and savory mixture but it is great. Alternatively you could just sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pat filets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle seasoning on top, gently pat down. Turn over and sprinkle on other sides.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Put steaks in basket without overlapping. Close drawer and cook for 8 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for 4 minutes for medium well done for a thinner fillet steak, or medium for mignon that is thicker.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. ** Note, timing will depend a lot on how thick your pieces are and how well done you like your meat.